TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@marmora Cathie, thank you! She is definitely a family treasure. I think she is most like my grandma. My mom's youngest sister is still living as well as her "baby" brother. Mom was the oldest, 16 years older than her brother. It's always been a little strange for me with my cousins. My mom was oldest by 16 years and my dad was youngest by 16 years. So, I have first cousins that range in age from about 80 to 30. The older ones seem more like aunts and uncles and the younger ones seem more like nieces and nephews. I'm most close to my mom's family though. I think because when we were kids we spent more time with those cousins. They were closest in age and proximity to us. Time and distance has separated a lot of us but I do have a couple of cousins I still stay in touch with at least. My cousin Linda had a knee replacement about 5 or 6 years ago so she's been a support for me with that although she seems to have forgotten a lot about it. I guess that's a good thing!

Kent's mom and dad moved here to be near us in 2006. They have moved well over 30 times during their marriage. Most as a result of his career but also quite a few times since retirement. Their health was declining and they felt the need to be near one of their children. Kent has a sister who lives in Arizona who is almost totally disconnected so they chose to be near us and our family. It has been wonderful having them near. In all the years we have been married we lived so far apart and I never really felt like they were inlaws. More like people I just sort of knew. They are soooooo great! And I'm glad that our boys have finally had the chance to get to know their grand parents better. My own grand parents were a huge influence in my life. One of the reasons we did this photo shoot was because we just don't know how much longer we will have them both.
 
@gr82cu2 What a wonderful photo! Very special. I know how awful kids can treat their parents. Steve's oldest brother never calls to check on their mom, even when she had a heart attack! Don't know what causes some people to be that way.
Hope your knee is doing better now! That was a long wait for lunch!
 
Oh! I should give credit for the photo's theme to daughter in law Becky. I thinks she's a closet Pinterest junkie! She's the one that is a Physician's Assistant although not working as one right now. She is acting director for the PA program at IUPUI in Indianapolis. Nick hit the jackpot when he found her. She's a very sweet gal :)
 
@tiredwife, Don't I know!!! Mom and dad were in the nursing home for over 3 years and not once in 3 years did our brother call them, send a card, visit or even call my sister or myself to ask how they were. He did bother himself to come to dad's funeral but couldn't be bothered for mom's. I haven't spoken to him since dad died. I guess I should be more forgiving like my Aunt but right now I'm just not there. We had the best parents anyone could ever hope for and in the end he couldn't even be bothered to make a phone call! Knee is feeling a wee bit better now. I've been elevating and icing since we got home :)
 
@gr82cu2 your aunt is a very special lady. It seems like most families have at least one relative that is just not caring and considerate. Your family photo turned out great and the theme is so cute. Priceless memories. Sounds like you did a lot today. Hope you are resting your knee.
 
@gr82cu2 His brother's name is David, I thought that was an odd coincidence! Love my daughter in law too! My son in law, now that is a different story, he is very self absorbed. Take some pain meds, elevate and ice and try to get some sleep!
 
Hello Janet @gr82cu2

Family life can have ups and downs and for unknown reasons some people just disengage from their family and that is their loss. Maybe they come back and sometimes they don't,...

Your relationship with your in-laws sounds very loving and you are both getting joy at now living so close to each other. That's lovely.

Take care and keep healing you're on countdown to 4 November,
Cathie
 
@gr82cu2 Hi Janet! What a wonderful family photo and I loved the theme. What a great photographer you found. Gosh your first post was so happy with the picture, and then the next with the story of your aunt. It is a heart wrenching story. What a horrible thing for your aunt to go through. Your cousin certainly has problems, especially to put his mother through such an ordeal. I don't know if I could have been so forgiving like your aunt, but in the long run it was better she did. Not so much for David, but for her. No matter what he has done, he is her son and with her being the sweet, loving person that she is, it is what she had to do.
 
Hi @Yorkimom Anne, the photographer was the one that did Nick and Becky's wedding. Becky came up with the idea for the slate boards with how many years we've all been married. Thanks for the compliments. I hope by the next family photo session there will be some babes in there!!! Not holding my breath though.
 
@gr82cu2, Janet I keep hearing how much you want grandchildren. Hopefully it will happen sometime soon. Being a grandparent is the best thing in the world and when the time comes, I know you will be a great grandma!
Have a good night. Anne
 
@Yorkimom Anne, thanks! I hope to be able to find out what it's like one day. It seems like all my friends are getting grand babies right and left and I'm left out in the cold, LOL!!

@marmora Thanks! I don't have much going on today I don't think. It's another gloomy, overcast day here. We usually don't get too many of these days until November and then it seems like it sets in until March or April but this year they are coming earlier. I need a manicure in the worst way. I may call and see if I can get in this afternoon. I hope you have a wonderful day Cathie.
 
Hi Janet @gr82cu2

Had my manicure yesterday and keep looking at my fresh French Polish.
Love little treats like that.

Out weather here since last Friday has been heavy rain and flooding, although dry and a bit chilly at the moment.

Like you we usually don't get this rainy season until closer to the end of October or early November, but with our very, very dry summer (most unusual in Ireland) it is as if the rain was being sorted up for three months and now the downpours !

Went to YMCA this morning, then a bit of grocery shopping, now home to do a bit of tidying and then dinner with hubby and out to a Bridge Lesson Class 7:30 - 10:30 pm. So, should go study my notes for tonight's class.

I don't want to jinx my knee, but since yesterday, it is now feeling more flexible and I think the ROM has increased a bit. It is actually feeling somewhat comfortable again today. Fingers crossed it wil last, but know from BS that "Tomorrow is another day and the knee can behave in a different way'.

But, happy that for the first time in a long while I feel progress.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@marmora Hope your knee stays flexable, for some people it just takes longer.

@gr82cu2 Hope you are doing good today? It sure is chilly here this morning! Raining and grey, don't know if we will get our walk in!
 
@tiredwife Good morning Jackie :) So far, so good. I just finished getting cleaned up and dressed for the day and looking forward to some lunch. I'm starving! Then I made an appointment to get my nails done at 1 and I may go to Walmart after. Usually I go to WM after PT on Fridays but since I'll be near there I thought I'd go ahead and go today. It's an ugly day here too.
 
@gr82cu2 I was playing in the dirt, transplanting a few plants and as usual forgot to wear my gloves, and also as usual after playing in the dirt my nails chip, so I just cut them all off. I'm too rough on my hands to have a manicure. We might have to go to Walmart to get our walk in today with all this rain, maybe Lowes would be better! You have a great day!
 
@gr82cu2 Hi Janet! Enjoy your manicure. For years I had acrylic nails, but two and a half years ago I decided enough was enough and I took them off. My nails were paper thin and still aren't that great. One problem I have is that I bite my nails. I have done this for as long as I can remember. That's one of the reasons that a I got acrylics. But believe it or not, I would chew on them too. I know I'm crazy. I try to grow them, but as soon as I have any imperfection, I bite them. How has your knee been feeling?
@marmora I love the look of French manicures! It's wonderful news about your knee. I keep thinking good thoughts that it continues.
I hope everyone has a good day.
 
@Yorkimom there is this stuff for horses hooves (can't remember the name) that is suppose to thicken nails. Might be worth checking into!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom