TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@Yorkimom I wonder if your hip pain could be from the tourniquet? I seem to recall my pain was delayed awhile from that. My inner thigh still hurts sometimes. yep, I was glad I still had a stash of hydrocodone. I really needed it! I'm feeling much better now though so I must not have set myself back too much. I'm really wanting to stay out of my good meds because who knows what my OS or his PA will deem my pain worthy of next time. I had to fight and cry for what I got this time. It still kinda ticks me off to be honest. This surgery is painful for goodness sakes and it doesn't magically quit hurting at any certain time. Obviously I didn't get addicted or I wouldn't have a stash now would I? Grrrrr!! I think it's more likely they don't want to have to answer for writing pain med Rx's and not so much they are worried about their patients getting hooked. Although I can appreciate the latter. It's just feeling like being treated like an irresponsible child or something that sets me off.

I have to say our soup was super duper yummy! A great batch if I do say so. We had cornbread with it. We have plenty to have it again plus I put 2 large containers in the freezer. It was perfect soup weather. It has turned cold and windy here today. Jackie sent her Missouri weather to Indiana. I'll send it to whoever is east of me :)
 
@gr82cu2 Gee, I thought I sent it to Laurie, but maybe she sent it to me. If this keeps up we will have to turn on the heat! Hubby threw his fuzzy blanket in the dryer and then took it up stairs to lay in bed and watch Dragnet on the tablet. I am down stairs with my fuzzy blanket watching Criminal Minds.
 
@tiredwife Wait a minute, where does Laurie live? Maybe you sent it to her and she sent it to me? Either way I'm sending it on out east :) Sooner or later it will get to @marmora in Ireland. I wish she would check in. Her absence is not like her and I'm worried about her. Maybe a little freezing cold midwestern air will wake her up and she'll come tell us what is going on. Let's just hope we aren't doing this anytime soon. :snow dig:
 
@gr82cu2 Laurie is in NY state. Mamora posted on Celle's thread today so she is around, don't know why she isn't posting on her own.
 
@gr82cu2 You can check on people by clicking on their avatar, and then hitting 'recent activities'. I usually do this if I haven't heard from someone in a while to see if they may be 'lurking' or just aren't getting on bonesmart.
 
You can check on people by clicking on their avatar, and then hitting 'recent activities'. I usually do this if I haven't heard from someone in a while to see if they may be 'lurking' or just aren't getting on bonesmart.

This is an great point and a wonderful short cut.
 
Yes, I've done that many times. I just didn't think of it with Cathie this time, for some reason. Figured she would check in with us since so many of us were asking her about her Dr. appointments.
 
@gr82cu2 I have found that the Aleve elevates my liver enzymes faster than any other over the counter pain relievers. I have never heard of Thistle milk. I will have to research it. Your soup and cornbread sounds very good.

@Yorkimom thank you for being here and being a great cheerleader. I really love all of the support on this forum.

@tiredwife your weather sounds lovely. We were still in the 90's today. I would lenjoy some fall weather.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@gr82cu2 @tiredwife I just passed the weather away its its suppose to get in the thirties and I don't want :snow dig: and husband does not want to start :snow plough: @tiredwife thanks for the tip I did not know about clicking on the avitar learn something new. Funny we like watching tv with a blanket, but the tip of warming it in dryer sounds good :bow:Steve what a great idea
 
Hello Janet @gr82cu2

Hope that a few days of :chillpill: And :ice: will get you put of membership of the ODIC effects.

It's hard when our head and mind want to do something and we think we can and then the knee lets us know that we should have never done that !

Take care,
Cathie
 
Janet @gr82cu2

Saw your recipe on @madinana thread and it sounded yummy.

Please do not under any circumstances send the cold weather over the Atlantic to Ireland.
We have had the driest September in several year, a warm Indian extended summer and I don't want to think about cold and lighting the fireplace.

So @tiredwife, @madinana @Minnie's knees
Please keep your cold weather.

Cathie
 
@madinana A nice warmed blanket is always nice, one thing though is that all the cats know it is a nice warm blanket and insist on sharing it. That can add a lot of weight to the legs. [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you! [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you! [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you! [Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!


@marmora I will gladly keep our cold weather. I enjoy the chill to the air, I have enough fat to keep me warm!:heehee:
 
@gr82cu2 hope you had a good day today. You certainly deserve one after the last few days.

@tiredwife I love it cool to sleep. Hot flashes here too :heehee: We are still using our air conditioning. I love my fireplace and have been known to open the windows to use the fireplace for Christmas morning. We are in south Texas and we only get below freezing a couple of times each year.

@marmora Thank you. It is nice to have a date but a little nervous as it is happening so soon. I don't have cold weather but would love some. Wish I could send you some of our Texas warmth.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom