TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@tiredwife Thanks! I've been exercising my fingers on the keyboard and loosening things up!

@madinana I've never been one to get sick with common things. I'm much more likely to get the stuff doctors only see once in every few million, LOL! Even my family doctor knows to look for the most unlikely first with me. The most recent example of being a freak I can think of with me is, I've had shingles well more than 50 times. I stopped counting at 50 anyway. At one point, for a year solid I had them every 2 weeks. I would just start to feel better and then BAM! there they were again. It has settled down a lot over the past couple of years and now I only get them maybe a couple times a year. Nobody could figure out why. Even an infectious disease doctor wrote me off, saying there was nothing he could do for me. So, I just learned to live with it when it happens. I've been sort of lucky with it in that I get the blisters/rash on my left hip where my skin is numb from prior surgery. It's the fever and extreme tiredness that gets me down the most but usually within a couple of days my immune system fights it off.
 
@Yorkimom Hubby has OA in his thumbs too, they usually hurt so bad he taught himself how to write and use tools with out using his thumbs. It is awful when our bodies turn against us!
 
@gr82cu2 Wow, shingles that often! That is awful! Hubby had them once starting at his spine and wrapped around and was miserable! They couldn't do anything for him, but his brother just had them and they have new medication for them. My mother had them on her face.
 
Gosh @gr82cu2, I can't imagine getting shingles that often. That's just horrible. Luckily I have never had them, but if I ever do and want to complain, I'll just think of you.:egypdance:
 
I'm not sure why they won't give the shingles vaccine to anyone under 60 years old. I've known lots of folks who get them well before they are 60. I was probably around 48 the first time I got them. After about the 5th or 6th time I had them my doctor put me on Acyclovir which didn't even stop it so I quit taking it.
 
@gr82cu2 I'm not sure what they gave hubby's brother, but it helped him when he got them. Wish they could find something to help you. They say stress will often bring them on.
 
@gr82cu2, my best friend got them when she was 53. I've known so many people that have gotten them before60. As soon as I turned 60, I got the shot!
 
@gr82cu2 @Yorkimom @madinana @tiredwife

Janet,
Feel so sorry for you with your continued outbreak of shingles.

The only experience I have was when my youngest son got then on his shoulder & down his back when he was about 8 or 9. It was very painful for him and for me as a mother watching him suffer, the doctor put him on either an injection or tablets can't remember which and in about 7-10 days he was better.

This same boy is now 27 and currently trekking around Sri Lanka with his girlfriend and back on Saturday.

@Yorkimom Anne,
I recently took up golf in September 2013 and really enjoy the game, the test is if you play in the rain in Ireland in the winter, you are indeed a golfer. Can't wait to get back, but OS said last week he thinks it would be November/December.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora Cathie, I love playing golf but it is a very humbling game. Just when you think "I've got this" you start to play like you don't know what you're doing! I hate playing in he RSI . We got caught in a downpour yesterday. It's not fun. And to play in the winter and rain on top of that. No thank you! Lol
November/December sounds right. I had my first surgery in December and I was good to go on opening day the first of April. Have a good night. Anne
 
@gr82cu2 oh my having shingles that many times :yikes: my sister in law had them she said extremely painful So certainly hope you don't have to deal with that any more for a good long while I just could not imagine the pain you are one strong women, :angel:
 
@gr82cu2 Hi Janet! Hope all is going good with you? Had to hunt your thread down, it was way on page 3! How is Mini? Anymore missing toys?
We are getting rain and thunder last night and today, sure there is some lightening too! We needed the rain for my plants, but that mean the weeds were watered too. Allergies still rearing their ugly head.
Hope you have a great day! Hope your hands aren't bothering you any more?!
 
Hi @tiredwife Jackie, I wasn't on here much yesterday. Wasn't feeling great. Nothing specific, just feeling a little under the weather. My thumbs are in full on revolt for some reason. We just got back from Walmart where I walked instead of riding the "mart cart". I told Kent I needed to because I feel like my legs are getting weak. Yesterday Mini was laying on an ottoman so I decided to comb him. I was probably only standing there 10 minutes, bending over and my legs started to shake. When I got up a couple hours later to make some dinner they shook they whole time. It was very strange. It seems better today. I have about an hour here to rest up and ice and then I have to go to PT. Thanks for stopping by. Mini is doing great and is more playful and paying more attention to us than I can ever remember him doing. I guess he doesn't have his little buddy anymore so he's entertaining himself in new ways. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you feel better soon!
 
@madinana I don't know. I woke up feeling that way and it stayed with me all day and then the leg shaking thing freaked me out.

I sure got my workout today at PT! After walking all over Walmart they decided to start on strength training at PT today. It wasn't anything painful but man, my legs felt so weak and tired when I walked out of there. I was sweating like the proverbial pig too. The therapists all think it is cold in there and wear fleece. Everyone else is a sweat ball, LOL. There was a lady there today that I've never seen before. I felt so sorry for her. She was obviously in a tremendous amount of pain. She appeared to have had some kind of ankle surgery and had several scars about 3" long on her lower leg, above her ankle. They looked pretty healed but you could tell she was just miserable. Poor thing! Made me feel ashamed of some of the complaining I've done. There's always someone out there who has it worse.
 
@gr82cu2 Glad Mini is doing good. Did you tell your therapist about your shaky legs? Are you eating enough protein, how is your potassium and magnesium? You might need to get it to get it checked!
 
@gr82cu2 I think that would freak me out too. Hopefully it will be a one time thing. if it continues I would get it check out. I am doing strengthing exercise for my surgical leg to prepare for Oct surprise. Yes i know I complain and it really is minor compared to some.It is so true there is someone who can have it a lot worst, sometimes I forget that Hope that lady spoke up !!!!
 
@tiredwife No, I didn't mention it since it seems to have resolved itself. I think it probably was related to whatever had me feeling puny yesterday. It didn't do it again today at all. Not with the trek through Walmart or at PT with the leg presses and other things they had me doing.

@madinana Her therapist was being very gentle with her, I could tell.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet, glad the shakiness left. Steve is having a little more pain today because he had two days of PT in a row. It is the normal muscle pain from working out the muscles. Not knee pain, but he is using his cane in the house today. He doesn't have PT again until Friday! Have a good evening!
 
@gr82cu2 Hope you feel better. I have some days like that too - I think it's our body's way of telling us to slow down before we overdo it. I've been like that today. I think two PT days in a row (because of Mon holiday) was too much for me. But I feel pretty doodoo now. Take care of yourself, and try to take it easy tomorrow. Make sure you're drinking a lot of fluids and rest!!
 
I get tomorrow off from PT and then go back on Friday. Normally I go Tuesdays and Fridays but this week got messed up. She worked me pretty hard today. Speaking of which, I'm off to get some ice and ice my knee for a bit. Have good night all!
 
Back
Top Bottom