TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2
Hi Janet,
:wowspring::bicycle1:
That's quite an achievement, you must be very relieved that not only did you get full rotations, but also that you could lower the seat by 3 notches ! Congratulations !!!

I have one of those floor pedal foot bikes and try to use it at least twice a day.

My PT said that she would talk with me about the NMES unit and after your results will definitely talk with her when I have my appointment on Monday.

Usually, go to the States every 3 or so years and my sister comes to visit me on other years.
But, this year we saw a lot of my family as one nephew and one son had weddings ( one in California and one in Dublin).

Des and I were in the States in Feb/March 2014. My nephew was getting married near Laguna Beach, California. We first flew into Phoenix and stayed with an old school friend & her husband who recently moved from Chicago to Scottsdale and stayed with them 4 nights.

Then we Rented a car in Phoenix airport and Des & I drove to the South rim of the Grand Canyon and stayed in an Inn in the Canyon about 100 feet from the rim for 3 nights- it was being in National Geographic Magazine, went on nature walks with the Park Ranger programme and the weather was very pleasant.

Then drove car back to Phoenix and flew to Orange County airport on Thursday and wedding was on Saturday.

Sunday flew to San Francisco for 4 nights and did several walking tours and at the stage the knee with a knee brace was able for the hills of SanFrancisco. Flew back from SF to Dublin after a very lovely time with friends and family and the wedding.

In June 2014, my son got married in Dublin, so my sister, brother and their children were here in Ireland with us. :loveshwr:

My sister plans or planned on coming over here to me in October, and we were going to travel to London or Paris for a few days - but that is now on hold !

No plans to visit the States in 2015, but maybe in 2016.

Take care of yourself & keep up the cycling.

Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ljrfrm
Yes standing cooking can give you that stiff achy feeling, at 6 weeks I still get that if I stand too long. And you've had a BTKR! So the pressure would even be greater for you. Hope that you elevated and iced after your meal, it really does help.

Take care,
Cathie
:chillpill: :ice:
 
@tiredwife
Hi Jackie,

Thank you for the Flexion tips that Steve uses, I will try the lunges and as we have many, many steps in this house I am up/down them several times a day.

Take care ,
Cathie
 
@marmora Isn't it beautiful at the Grand Canyon? Everyone should see it at least once. We went on a day trip one time when we were in Las Vegas. The south rim is the one to see. I hear the west rim isn't nearly as pretty. We didn't actually go down into the canyon. We flew out there from Vegas and then bus to the rim and spent several hours poking around, eating lunch and then flew back. We were there in October and even though it was in the 80's in Vegas it was very cold at the canyon.

I will now add the bike to my exercise routine. It really helped to get that knee stretched and bending. It's good to exercise my other leg also. I need to strengthen it before it's turn comes up under the knife!
 
@gr82cu2 and @marmora On one of our trips between military bases we were going to go see the Grand Canyon but heard on the radio an escaped convict killed a couple of rangers, and had taken someone hostage down at the canyon. We thought it was best not to chance it. For some reason we never got back to it. You two make me wish we had gone another time. Perhaps in the future we will see it.
 
@tiredwife
Hi Jackie,

Love the new photo of you & Steve !

Do hope that you & Steve do get to visit The Grand Canyon - it is magnificent !

Cathie
 
@marmora Thank you! Thought we needed a change! Hopefully after Steve retires we can take a long trip and see lots of the US.
 
@gr82cu2 Thank you for sharing your journey. I see that you are scheduled for your 2nd. I am hoping my RTKR will be late Oct or early Nov. I will have my LTKR sometime next year so I will be following your posts.
 
Good morning everyone!

So, my little adventure on the stationary bike yesterday will be paid for today! Ouch! The tendons beside my knee are not happy this morning. My hands hurt too although I didn't think I had a death grip on the handle bars. Tomorrow I can start taking my Humira injections again. Hopefully that will calm down my arthritis.
 
@gr82cu2, @marmora and @madinana I can't believe how much trouble your OS gives you re meds. I'm getting a little nervous. When I had my TRKR my OS prescribed Oxycodone and OxyContin. I took them as prescribed and they would give me a new script when I needed them. I weaned myself off of them very slowly and it managed my pain very well. I hope he does the same this time.
@gr82cu2 it sounds like the cycling is really working for you. You are doing great! Anne
 
@gr82cu2 I just saw your post...you must have been writing while I was writing. Anyway I hope you feel better and your Humira gives you relief. Have you had any side effects from it? The doctor had suggested that my son take Embril for his psoriatic arthritis, but he is trying to hold off. He's only 29.
 
@Yorkimom Anne, I know, right? Lots of folks here are on pain meds for months! My doctor seemed to think one month would be sufficient. Granted the pain improves little by little, day by day but I'm nowhere near getting along with just Tylenol. They cut off the ends of our bones for crying out loud!! Are you back from camping?
 
@Yorkimom We were posting at the same time again, LOL. No side effects from the Humira. None at all. I've had zero trouble with lowered immunity. I've been on it for a little over 3 years now and in that time have had 2 colds, maybe? And nothing more serious that that.
 
Back
Top Bottom