Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

Hi again, for some reason I have not been getting tags, :doh:
So I feel I have been missing you all.
In the interim I have been SO virtuous it is unbelievable :angel:
Aim for the year, clear out all the cupboards as if we were moving house and down sizing. In the last two weeks I have done two of the three monster cupboards.:wow: How good is that!

For me knees- wise. On our trip to Norway they played up something horrid. Back here they have settled down so surgery on hold again. It is when not if but right now they are doing really well. Very strange :chinstroke:

Lots of luvlorl:flwrysmile:
 
@lorl Hi, yes I haven't been getting all my alerts or tags either, they are probably still working out a few bugs. We are slowly downsizing too, but it has been on hold with hubby's knees.
Knees always decide to be good when they are facing surgery! It's like they know! It happens to a lot of people.

@gr82cu2 Hi! What's new with you, hubby, Mini and Ozzie? We are doing great today! Hope you are too?
 
@tiredwife it is curious, with all my virtuous cleaning I lost track of the time going. Sad to have missed the conversations but glad it us not just me.

I love cleaning out, when my kids were all at home and the clearing out frenzy came upon me I used to tell the anything that is not moving or is not tied down is going out so keep moving or you might find yourself in the bottom of a box.

I understand re knees improving. When the kids were little my GP used to say the best way to cure a child was to phone the DR, they were usually all better and symptoms gone by the time you got them to the Dr's surgery.:heehee:

Good to be back in touch
Luvlorl :flwrysmile:
 
@lorl Being retired military we would do a major thinning out before each move, now he is retired from the military (but still works) we have been in one place too long and have accumulated to much junk.
 
@tiredwife I understand that, for a while we worked with a missionary organisation and they move around too. One of the older people used to say that 3 moves was as good as a fire for getting rid of stuff. :heehee: Rather do it by moves than a fire. I am determined NOT to re accumulate ; yes I do mostly live in fantasy :snork: But I can dream can't I? :dubious:
 
@lorl I was thinking about you the other day and wondered where you had disappeared to. I'm glad to hear you are getting through your chores. I love things organized. I cannot stand clutter. It drives me crazy :flabber: I go through spurts of cleaning things out and donating the things I think I don't use and then later wonder what I ever did with (fill in the blank) because now I need it, LOL.
My knees did the good knee/bad knee :good-bad: bit too for a long time but eventually bad knee took over and it was time. You'll know when it is time for you too.

@tiredwife I had PT today where I eeked out a 107. Good enough for now I guess. She didn't push me too hard to get it. My knee felt extra stiff today so she worked over my quad muscle again and that seemed to loosen it up some.

Hubby is doing fine. Mini has decided today that he wants to sleep on Kent's pillow. He's had to shoo him away a few times. He sheds terribly so the last place we want him sleeping is on our bed pillows. I haven't seen Oz today. Yesterday he spent a good part of the day sleeping on "his" chair on our front porch.

We had tree trimmers here this morning at 8 which woke me up before I was ready. Yes, I'm a late sleeper and a night owl. Anyway, they have been so busy this year we had to wait 8 weeks for our turn. With the drought conditions we had the past 2 years they have been overwhelmed taking out dead and dying trees and bushes everywhere. We had a large blue spruce tree taken out that I had planted as a seedling about 25 years ago. It wasn't dead but wasn't healthy and was getting too close to the driveway. You don't realize when you plant a seedling that eventually it will be 15 feet in diameter at the bottom, LOL. We also had the canopies raised on a lot of our other trees so the sun can get to the lawn and so we can mow without ducking.

After PT we made a quick trip to CVS and back home. It was so hot and muggy out today. Hope you and Steve had a great day!
 
@gr82cu2 107 is fine, you will have good days, bad days, stalled days, and sudden leaps forward with ROM. It will come at it's own pace!
Our cats shed like crazy, they even have been having hair balls, you would think indoor cats in climate controlled environment would stop the summer shedding! Nope!
Hubby has a nice chain saw with an easy start pull, so we take care of everything except actually taking down trees. He tried it once and knocked a light off the back of the house!
It is like a sauna out today! Ugh! Hubby had a great day, pain down to a 3, pressure and pain behind the knee cap is almost all gone, walking with a cane now. He is very happy.
 
That's good Steve's pain is diminishing. His body must be absorbing that blood.

One of the things I loved most about Tucker was he barely shed at all. His fur was super short and close to his body and not real thick. Mini's fur is medium length and so thick you can't part through it to see his skin. One stroke down his back and you have a handful of fur. It's amazing! He loves to be brushed until we get back around his haunches and then it's over. I use a furminator on him when I can get away with it. I just haven't been able to get down to his level lately :)
 
@gr82cu2 we just use the narrow teeth end of a comb on ours. Lilbit doesn't shed as much as the others (short hair). Rusty and Emily have long hair, and Ghost has a really dense coat but it is short and he sheds. Well, we have company coming in the morning so I got to get the last load of laundry done, and clean sheets on the guest bed. Have a restful night.
 
Hi @gr82cu2 it sounds as though you are doing great. 107 is a good range where you are in recovery right now. Like Jackie said, you will have good days and bad days. Everyone worries so much about ROM, but as long as you work at it, it will come. At my pre op appointment yesterday the PA said he couldn't believe how well my right leg looked and the ROM I had. I told him I worked long and hard to get there and it was well past my PTA appointments. I am planning on going back to the same PT and I can't wait to show her my extension on my right leg. She said I would eventually get there but it would be hard. I know she will be happy,
 
Hi @Yorkimom Thanks! I'm happy with it. I'll be happier when it's no longer stiff, LOL. But, it's bearable. I'm going to ask for the same PT when I get my right one done in November. She's a sweetheart and I've really enjoyed the time I've spent with her. You're getting closer and closer to your next TKR! It will be here before you know it.
 
Hi now I know the tags are having a holiday...
I would probably have noticed earlier if I had not been head down tail up, full speed ahead throwing things into big plastic bags right left and centre:egypdance:

I always thought one definition of junk.
Something you don't use for years and need the day after you get rid of it.:loll:

I just love getting rid of clutter, love that someone else can maybe benefit from it or that the charity shops might make some money rather than it sitting around.

It is good to be back
Luvlorl:flwrysmile:
 
:kayak:
If it keeps raining here this will be me ^^^^^^^^ It just stormed here for a good solid 2 hours at least. Without going outside to look close up it appears there are 4-5 inches of rain in the rain gauge. :blackcloud:
 
Must be yin and yan balance for Sydney, we have had about 2 weeks of days of steady down pours! just must be to Balance yr side of the world. :blackcloud:
I grew up in Melbourne that often has gentle misty rain which is sort of warm and cosy rain if you know what I mean, good sewing , reading , cafe weather.
 
HI @lorl It is usually dry here this time of year. There is no rhyme nor reason to Mother Nature, I guess. The last 2 years we had terrible drought in the summer which had us very nervous as we have a well. This year there are no worries there. Plus, we had a very wet and snowy winter this past winter. Cold too!!! At least the farmers should be happy. The corn and soybeans look better than I can remember for many years.

You should be heading in to spring soon, right? My friend in New Zealand says her weather has been awful lately too.
 
@g82cu2

Hi Janet,

Time to think about building an Ark ?
Or practice your surfing or swimming.

Cathie :surfer: :swim:
 
My thoughts and prayers :praying: go out this morning to our Bonesmarties in the San Francisco Bay/Napa area of California. They had a 6.0 earthquake in the night and news reports show pretty extensive damage.

@marmora It's dry so far this morning but is so humid we can't see out our windows they are so fogged up on the outside.
 
Hi Everyone,
Been a while, maybe over a week since I've written. Before my story, we did have a 6.0 Earthquake in Northern California. No damage at our house. I was already awake at 3:20 am when it happened. I was in my couch that makes into a bed and had a swinging good time! Back and forth from east to west…the chandelier was swinging away and Cozette, my little wirehair fox terrier was barking very loudly for all get out!! I've experienced over 5 of these so am sort of used to them but the first one I experienced in Los Angeles in 1971 scared me to death. All day I was on pins and needles waiting for the next one to happen. Lots of damage in Napa, Ca., fires, broken roads, has been declared a disaster area by Gov. Jerry Brown.
As for me I'm walking with 2 canes. Last Wed. I told my nurse my foot is still very swollen and of course my leg. She reported this to my PCP who ordered an ultrasound which we did at 7 pm that night. They found a small blood clot in my groin so I'm back on the Coumadin for 3 months now. Plus I'm giving myself tummy shots of Lovenox once a day. I still have swelling issues but otherwise I'm getting better. GR82cu, I read all your notes, plus everyone else on this thread. Great notes that you'll have to refer to later. I've taken a bunch of notes too, so I will have something to refer to if need be. Everyday last week was full. Either a nurse or a PT was here and on Tuesday I went to see my PA-C who said I'm doing fine and I have a xerox copy of the x-rays they took after they completed my surgery. Yesterday I was brave and watched a total knee replacement on U-Tube . I'll never look at a beef roast the same way again. :) or :( . If you want to see it, just Google TKR on U-Tube and it will come up.
Hope everyone is feeling fine and healing well.
Foxsea
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom