TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@g82cu2
Hi Janet,
Conor back and yes into work and little rest. Back home at 4 pm & he's going to take a lie/down until dinner at 6:30. But , he's happy to be back home in Dublin and we are happy to have him back ,
Great that you now have your date for November. I really admire all the TKR people that have to go through it all again / now that you know what to expect . The 11 weeks will fly in and BoneSmart will be here for you,
Take care,
Cathie
 
Today, 21 days post op, I achieved 105 flexion at PT :happydance::yay::dancy: It's getting there slowly but surely. I was only able to bend to 100 on my own but Michelle gave it one more push and viola'. I rode the recumbent bike :upright:again today with the seat further forward. It took me about 3 minutes of rocking back and forth to get a few revolutions going backwards. Then another minute of backwards before I could go forwards. I think tomorrow I will try my bike here at home. It really does seem to help loosen things up.
 
Thanks everyone! I know Jackie and I won't. It's getting really boring but at the same time I'm kind of enjoying being waited on :wink: My coffee and ice water was delivered in record time this morning. :ok: And I know I have to continue to improve so I can get the other one done in November! That's an incentive. I really, really, really want this over with.
 
Ouch! My knee is not a happy camper today! I think that extra 5 degrees Michelle pushed out of it yesterday was a :bignono: My right knee is unhappy too. She had me stand on this slanted board and lean towards the wall to stretch my calves but my right knee didn't like that at all. I have that horrid bone on bone pain on the medial side of righty. Or it could all be the weather :blackcloud:

We had a wicked, wicked thunderstorm :holysheep: last night around 10:30. The wind tossed all my patio plants all over, knocked limbs out of trees. The rain was pouring over the gutters and shooting out of the valleys of our roof like fountains. It was crazy! The power went out for almost 3 hours. I fell asleep before it came back on. It looks to be a pretty morning this morning though. It's supposed to be really hot the next few days with more chances of storms. Have a great day everyone!
 
@gr82cu2 Yep, that is what happens when someone pushes on your leg or knee. It never ends well, lesson learned? We've been having storms but not that bad. Just enough to make for some very muggy days. Ugh! PT will be here soon but hubby's knee doesn't want to straighten today, it was down too much yesterday from the trip to the OS. So, his knee is not a happy camper either. Weather does effect it. Elevate and ice.
 
Hope you feel better!! I'm achey today too! Too much with the OS and PT yesterday. Plus, I'm here by myself today so I'm getting up/down more than usual.
Just icing/elevating all day - but now I'm too stiff from not moving much and can't straighten the legs.
 
A little overdoing--but you're doing well!
 
I'm feeling better now. I've been totally resting today with lots of ice and elevation. I didn't even do my exercises except a little very gently stretching. I should be back on track tomorrow, I'm sure.

@ljrfrm Try and take it easy as much as you can. If there is something that can wait till someone else can do it for you, let it wait :wink:
 
@gr82cu2 glad you are feeling better I did nothing today but mop kitchen floor and took two hour nap and just now out of the blue my leg is aching I only did some heal glides while watching soaps Well today has been a good day anyway The rain here does not help either
 
@madinana Mopping the floor? Seems a bit much to me but then I hate mopping so any excuse not to is a good excuse :thumb:

@tiredwife The weather has always affected my arthritis. This past winter when we had fronts coming through about every 2-3 days was horrible.

Our youngest son and his wife just stopped by for a visit. It was good to see them. He was telling me about an app called savings catcher for Walmart. (He's a store manager) I hadn't heard of it. You load the app and when you shop at Walmart you scan your receipt and for 7 (I think?) days following it scans competitor ads for lower prices. If anything you bought is priced lower somewhere else they send you an e-gift card. Pretty cool! Kent was just at Walmart today so we scanned that receipt. I'll be anxious to see if anything happens. I think Zack said you can get back up to $600 a year.
 
@gr82cu2 That would be great if you could save money! We don't shop WalMart that much, just when we need something we can't get on base. The WalMart is at the next town over. Our little town doesn't have much, we have a Dollar General. You have a good nights sleep!
 
@tiredwife I did sleep well, as usual. Until a thunderstorm woke me up at 7 but I fell back asleep till almost 9.

99% of our grocery money goes to Walmart, not to mention cleaning supplies and all that kind of stuff. I would think we would save some using savings catcher now and then. Although Walmart tends to have the best prices. In our town we also have a Kroger and a more local chain called Marsh. Kroger occasionally has better prices when they have a sale. Marsh? Never! It's a very expensive store to shop.
 
@gr82cu2 Glad you slept well. We usually shop on base, but they don't always have what we need. No one around carries the cat food we get anymore, so I just order that on line through petco. I buy enough each time (2 huge bags) to keep from paying shipping fees. Some things we order through Amazon. Get a few things from Dollar General, and go to Walmart in a neighboring town if we can't get it anywhere else. Never heard of Marsh. We also have a local little grocery store, but seldom use it because of high prices.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom