TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

:hi: @tiredwife
Hello, sitting on couch with My leg elevated and icing and watching 'America's Got Talent'. Love my R&R at the end of a day.

Plan for tomorrow to incorporate one of my 25 minute walks by meeting a good friend at a restaurant on our Village Green and then maybe after lunch a short stroll to Sandymount Strand for a walk along the boardwalk.
Now, in Ireland you can always plan for tomorrow, but you can never count on the weather day to day !

Good night and good sleep to you and Steve. :chillpill:

Cathie
 
@tiredwife I hope he isn't going to run out of meds over the weekend if you don't get the call. Dealing with that and pharmacists is dreadful. Especially over a weekend. Hope he stays comfy.
 
@marmora Sounds nice! Missouri weather is always changing too. We nicknamed it Misery.

@gr82cu2 We should have enough meds and I will run in Monday first thing and get more if we don't hear from the surgeon today. I'm beginning to think I'm not going to hear from the surgeon today. It is almost 4 and they close at 5 (about 10 to 15 minute drive to his office). Worse comes to worse we will visit the emergency room.
 
Weather is ever changing here in Indiana too. Yesterday it got much warmer than predicted and we came home from my doctor's appointment and closed up the house and turned on the AC. Today it was supposed to be warm again but when we went out for my PT it was beautiful. Temperature about 74 (23C for our friends across the pond and down under) and no humidity. So, we opened the house back up and turned the AC off. If nothing else, I'm getting a work out opening and closing windows :rotfl: I'm not complaining though. The last 2 years summer was beyond horribly hot and muggy with drought. This is much better!
 
Sitting here in Melbourne Australia, and it is about three degrees, and the fog has rolled in overnight, so visibility is about one hundred feet. But when it clears, it will be a sunny winters day of about seventeen degrees.
Was so good to get out in it yetserday, and today will be the same.
But winter is reluctant to say goodbye, and the rest of the week is meant to be wet and windy. Storm warnings for NSW and QLD, with very damaging rains forecast.
Weather has one main feature, there is always some!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@gr82cu2 Yes, Missouri is known for it's awful weather. We have had it in the 60s one day and 90s the next. Our summers are often unbearable hot and muggy here, this summer has been mild. So cute, hubby comes walking in the tv room with a popsicle for me because he wanted to do something for me! He hates being waited on.
 
So cute, hubby comes walking in the tv room with a popsicle for me because he wanted to do something for me!

I bet he had that urge to get up and move around a little and thought if he did something for you, you wouldn't jump him for it, LOL. I've done pretty good with staying down and off my feet but every once in awhile I just have this need to get up and move. Do something, anything! Even if for only a couple of minutes. When I first started abandoning my walker Kent would throw a fit. Now I'm walking all around the house without even a cane and he doesn't say a word. My next step is to convince him I really can drive myself the whole 5 minutes to PT. I need a little independence here! I hope if I ever get to the point where I'm permanently physically dependent on someone my mind is too, so I don't know. I hate not being able to do things for myself.
 
This is our neighbor kitty, Ozzie that I told you all about. He spends as much time here as he does at his house, I think. We don't let him inside but love him just the same. He's a very cool cat! I just took this out the window behind my nesting couch.

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@gr82cu2 Ozzie looks like he is very much at home!
Hubby had to get up to go pee and brought the popsicle when he came back.
Good news, got 12 hour oxycontin and can use a Percocet as break through. Hope it works. As long as you have leg control and aren't on narcotics, drive (short distance to begin with)
 
@tiredwife Ozzy thinks he has two homes! We have a field behind our house where he hunts all the time. Luckily, he hasn't brought us any hunting treasures....mice, moles, birds, etc. He saves those for his real dad :)

This morning I took my first dose of pain meds at 9. PT was at 2:00 and I hadn't medicated again. I'm sure I could have driven there myself. It's only literally 5 minutes from our house. I'll see if Kent seems willing to let me try on Tuesday next week. I think he is relating it to when he had rotator cuff surgery on his right shoulder 2 years ago. I had to drive him for 6 weeks. This is different ;) When I have my right knee done I know it will be longer before I can drive.
 
@gr82cu2 Hubby was off the pain meds about week 4 and then waited a few days and then drove, but this will be longer because of it being his right knee. We had a cat that use to bring us stuff (yeck) all the time. Thought he needed to feed us. Let hubby ride along the first time so he will have more confidence in you driving.
 
@tiredwife I don't think I did yesterday.....ODIC that is. It was achy yesterday too but it seems a bit worse today. Thursday I was up and on it more between my doctor appointment, we got lunch out and made a quick trip into Trader Joe's for some supplies. But, other than that and one PT session at home on my own I've been babying it as usual. We just had a 45 minute power outage so I did my home PT to pass the time. I'm back down now, elevating.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet sometimes the weather changes can cause aches. Steve is achy today and a storm is moving in. He had his oxycontin earlier and I gave him a Percocet a little while ago, his knee is stiff. He is getting discouraged because of the pain is worse with this knee, but really his ROM is so much better with this knee. I think he is having a more normal recovery this time, his first knee was fairly easy.
 
@tiredwife yes, our weather is changing too. It was very chilly and rainy this morning and it looks like the forecast is for rain for the next several days. My knee is extra stiff today too.

Steve should be turning a corner soon and having less pain. I hope so anyway. I can understand him being discouraged. He was just getting to the point with his old new knee where he was getting around really good and getting back in the swing of things. And now its back to the drawing board. Does he have any kind of a deadline for getting back to work?
 
@g82cu2 and @tiredwife
Hi Janet and Hi Susan (is that right tiredwife ?)

Weather here today is Autumnal and rain is definitely in the air (although when isn't it in Ireland) and feel knee a bit more achy and stiff.
After my walk at 12:45 to the Village Green with friend for lunch & some retail therapy summer sale items, the walk is about 25 minutes each way.

Came home at 4pm, took 1 a Paracetamol and 1 Tylex , iced with CRyo cuff & elevated and slept soundly on the couch until 6:05 - when husband woke me with a lovely evening meal.

Icing again now for about 30 minutes and then do my set of at home PT exercises.

Take care and ice & elevate !
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom