TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 I had to re-log in too. Anymore I just go to the google page and type in bonesmart tiredwife. For some reason all the bonesmart stuff has been going to my spam on my email. It is responding a lot faster, I think they are getting the bugs worked out.
 
@gr82cu2 I do too, but I don't like bouncing back and forth, so I just come to the forum and go from there. I get so many of them (35 or more a day and don't like the inbox that cluttered, so I just leave them in spam. Did you see the photo of my grandson going off to school today? His second year in a special preschool, supposedly he is autistic, but I don't think so. He is 3 and a half. He had some speech delay but so did my dad, my husband and his father. He talks up a storm now. He really likes his teacher, same one as last year. He does pick up some bad habits from the other children though, hope that doesn't happen this year.
 
@tiredwife I did see him! What a cutie! Unfortunately, I think lots of kids pick up bad habits from other kids. It's just important to find a way to explain to your child why certain behaviors are not acceptable. But, of course, you know that :) My personal belief is that autism is over diagnosed as well as ADD and ADHD. We never heard of those things when we were kids or very rarely. They are real conditions (diseases?) but I don't think all diagnosed cases are really that. I'm sure with your help and that of others who love him he will flourish. Hopefully, he isn't autistic as diagnosed.
 
:hi: @g82cu2
Hi Janet,
Reading about your six week trip sounded fantastic ! :wowspring:
Sorry to hear about your tripping at the train :badspidy: That sounded painful.
Copenhagen, Paris, Rome and Florence are four of our favourite cities.
In May 2013 we rented an apartment for one week in Paris about 2 blocks from Notre Dame- magic !
Your trip and cruise was indeed the trip of a lifetime.
Hopefully, if you do visit a Ireland we can meet up.

16 day Post-op report with "Darrell " today certainly went well ! :dancy: Maybe He is a Thursday person.
You are looking like you will be on track for your second TKR in November, but you'll see your OS in a few weeks and get the schedule.

Congratulations and :welome: to Royce , new babies are a joy ! That is a happy day for all the family.

So far, I don't seem to have any problem on the site today or getting my alerts, but really only using it now, so fingers crossed.

Take care,
Cathie. :flwrysmile:
 
@gr82cu2 Yes I believe they just lump a bunch of different things under autism. To me he is just a silly smart little boy, no more quirky than mine were at that age. Loves his hugs and cuddles, works a computer better than I do, knows his alphabet and how to count, is starting to grasp adding and subtracting, has a great imagination, is stubborn like his grandma, he looks you in the eye and hates to see anyone hurt. Seems normal to me.
 
@tiredwife
Your grandson sounds like a charming & loveable little boy !
And he certainly has the love of his Granny and Grand Dad - love is powerful .
Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora He is a charmer, but really sly with strangers. Now if he is doing something he might get hurt at, I tell him might get a booboo. He asks "Like papa's?" He hates that his grandpa has a booboo knee! He is going to grow up to be a computer geek like his uncle (my son), he has been using them since 18mths old. Okay, I could go on all day, so I will stop now. You have a great evening!

@gr82cu2 Been following Emily around all day, no stool sample - argh....! She's eating! She's doing this on purpose! She's going to wait until I go to bed! Oh well, I'll just take a sample of all that is in the litter box in the morning. Don't know what else to do.....wonder if I can get her to drink Steve's prune juice!:heehee: You have pleasant dreams tonight (don't dream of me following Emily around)!
 
@marmora That's what we did too. We rented apartments in Paris, Florence and Rome. It's so much better than staying in a hotel and cheaper too! All 3 had terraces or small balconies. The terrace in Florence was huge and we were only a stone's throw away from the Duomo. We loved hearing the church bells ring. In Paris we were in the Montemarte district and in Rome, near the Vatican. In Copenhagen we stayed in an apartment hotel. I think we would have enjoyed Copenhagen but the 2 days we were there it was rainy and cold.

@tiredwife That's what is hard about having multiple cats. Whenever our vet would ask if we had a sample or were they eating/drinking we were like :shrug: especially when we had 5. Short of following them around all day it's hard to know. I think your grandson sounds perfectly normal for 3 1/2.
 
@g82cu2
Hi Janet,
Renting an apartment really gives you a little of the "native feeling" and so more comfortable than a small European size hotel room .
Our middle son (recently married in a June 2014) lives in Bergen in Norway - an absolutely beautiful & scenic country.
As there are no direct Dublin- Bergen flights, we usually stop off for a day or two in Copenhagen or Oslo -have been there when cold & rainy and not pleasant, but when the sun shines they are two lovely cities to explore.

Our oldest son had been working & living in NYC for the last 4.5 years and it was confirmed today he is being transferred to the Dublin office, as the company is setting up their European Head Quarters in Dublin and he arrives back next week ! :yay: He had spent 2 years working in Sydney and 9-10 months in the Philippines. So, it will be great to have him back home.

Our youngest son lives and works in Dublin and only does his traveling during time off work. He and his girlfriend are off to Sri Lanka on Tuesday for 12 days.

You must put Ireland on your future trip list !

Cathie
 
@marmora That is so wonderful that your son will be coming back home to work and live. If either of our sons ever had to move away I think I little bit of me would die inside. It may very well happen one day though.

I would love to visit Ireland one day :)
 
Wow, Darrell must be working double triple overtime to keep me happy now! Unfortunately I was in the shower but Mary, my surgeon's scheduling person called to say Darrell had contacted her about me wanting to do my other knee in November. In her message she said they are filling up for November and December already. She was leaving for the day but said to call her back Monday or Tuesday and they will get me penciled in. I really hope they can get me in the 1st part of November so I can get my surgery and most all of my PT on this year's insurance. I hope! I hope!!
 
@g82cu2

Hello Janet,

Just back from a wonderful afternoon with a friend walking by the seaside, driving by Bono's house and seeing how the other half lives along the Dalkey coastline. Hoping he'd invite us in for coffee, but had to settle for a local cafe ( I'm still caffeine free now finishing 5 weeks so a herbal tea for me).

And now come back to find your good news about a November date for your RTKR ! I am sure that you will be ringing the scheduling person first thing on Monday morning to confirm - maybe underneath it all Darrell was there for you.

Great news,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Janet, you must have really set Darrell straight! He doesn't dare mess with you now.

You are a brave woman! I also want to have my RTKR finished before year end for insurance, but I think having the date scheduled might overwhelm me knowing I still have a long row to hoe with this one! You are wise to do that if they are booking up though. Wouldn't warn them to book up before they get to you.
 
@marmora I hear Bono is a genuinely nice person. I'm sure if he had known you were in the neighborhood he would have invited you in for a cup of tea!

@ConnieJOS Hehe, I would love to know. Did he read the email and secretly destroy it? Did it make it's way to my OS and he had a good talking to? I'll probably never know, I guess. All that matters now is he is on notice that I will not let him be mean to me again. Maybe he was just having a bad day that day but you know what, you don't take it out on your patient who is likely having a much worse day than you are! It all seems like it's going to be ok now though. I'm glad for that. I did feel bad that I asked my OS to not let Darrell be involved in my care in the future. They have a system set up for a reason.

I'm off to PT now. Have to unstrap his ice from around my knee and get going. Talk to you all later.
 
Well, as I thought, there was no improvement at PT today. But, it's only been 2 days since I was last there. My leg is achy today for some reason. I did scoot closer to the peddles on the recumbent bike today. At first I could only peddle backwards but once I got warmed up I was able to go forwards. My regular PT was not there today so I had someone else. I wasn't a big fan of her. For some reason, she wanted me to lay flat on a bench table while she moved my knee cap around. Only problem was, in that position some tendon or something on the back of my knee was screaming in pain. I told her if I could sit up on the table with my leg out in front of me I would be able to relax my knee so she could do whatever it was she felt she needed to do. Nope! She had me get up and put my leg up on a 2nd step and with my leg held straight out in front of me, stretch my hamstring for 30 seconds at a time. It was excruciating and almost brought me to tears. Then she didn't even try with the knee cap again. My knee cap moves around. I've done it myself a bunch of times. I think she sensed my frustration and hussled me out of there, haha! Home now with ice. :ice:
 
@g82cu2

Hi Janet,
Not a good PT session for you this afternoon with a PT who wasn't really assessing what you and your knee were telling her. She seemed to have her own agenda. Good thing that she was only filling in for your usual PT.

Continue to :chillpill: & :ice: And maybe take some pain meds to aid in your recovery from today's PT session.

Take care & enjoy your weekend,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@gr82cu2 Steve had to do those in PT and hated them! He said those hurt more than about any of the exercises! As long as you move your knee cap a couple of times a day, that is fine. Waiting for the surgeon's office to call back about Steve's meds. Hope they call today! Hate Fridays, never can get things done because everyone closes early. Make sure you elevate and ice. Steve has made it down to the tv room now and can get more comfortable in the recliner. Have a good day.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom