Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 Time to do some research and do it yourself. The worst part would be if you couldn't find a floor pan to fit your area with the drain in the right place. Moving a drain is too much work. You might be able to find a complete shower at someplace like Lowes or Homedepot that might fit. They also have installers, might be worth looking into.
 
My knee 2 weeks after the assault :loll: The glue is starting to come loose and has come off in a few spots. I think the glue is all that is holding the scabs on but I'm not going to pick at it :bignono:

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
@madinana He knows. We talked about it before I even had this one done. Both are bad, well both were! He won't do them closer than 90 days apart because of the risk of increased complications. I picked the left one first because it was locking on me many times a day causing me to trip. We made a deal and I will see him sometime the first 2 weeks of September and if he feels the left one is progressing well in recovery he will get me on his schedule for the first part of November. He usually is scheduled out 6-8 weeks. I just want the surgery done and hopefully most of the out patient PT on this year's insurance! I'll have the rest of the winter to recoop and regroup and be fit and ready to go somewhere, anywhere next spring. I love to travel. We both do. But these knees take a lot of the fun out of being adventurous.
 
@gr82cu2 Your knee looks very much like mine. I'm going full speed to the next one too. Want it all (including PT) done before year end. After the first of the year I'm going to start looking for a nice vacation spot as well, for late spring or early summer. Maybe Cancun, Jamaica, or maybe even Dominican Republic. Some exotic paradise with a beach, for sure.
 
@ConnieJOS I think St. Thomas may be calling us back. By spring it will have been 2 years since we were last there. We usually go to Las Vegas in the fall. We have a timeshare there but Kent said he doesn't want to go this year. He doesn't love Vegas as much as I do. My sister and I go every year for a week, usually in January for my birthday. I don't know if I'll be able to do it in January next year or not if I'm only a couple months into recovery on the 2nd knee. We may have to plan to go in February or March, instead. I won't not go with her though. That is something that we both love and enjoy so much our week of pure sister time. All I know is, I'll be so happy when I can plan things and not have to worry about how my knees are going to like it, or not. I'm sure you feel the same times 2!!!
 
Oh! Oops! I was so excited to tell you about my rom I forgot about the other stuff that happened at PT today. She put me on a bicycling machine sort of thing. I sat on a seat and the peddles were out in front of me. She adjusted me back so I could do full revolutions. I did that for 8 minutes to warm up. I told her about my quad muscle cramping up on me and pulling my knee cap up so she slathered on cocoa butter and worked that muscle with some sort of plastic thing that looked like a scraper. She said it was likely caused by the tourniquet during surgery. I don't know though since it didn't start happening till almost 2 weeks later. Anyway, it did feel like it loosened my quad muscle up some. She said once all the scabs come off my incision she will teach me how to massage the scar. She had me do an exercise with a big rubber band thing and straight leg lifts. That was it for today. Not bad at all. I really like Michelle. She pushes me but doesn't hurt me, ever. She's very encouraging too. Tomorrow is my follow up appointment with the dreaded Darrell. Ugh! I'm going to make Kent go in with me so he's not mean to me, LOL. :cry:
 
Congrats on getting in the tub! Sounds like PT was a good one today! That was a quick jump from 92 to 100 ROM! Great news! I have my follow up with the surgeon tomorrow too. We will have to compare notes.
 
@g82cu2
:wowspring:Hi Janet,
You have had a great many milestones today, in/out of the bath tub, your 2 week post-op picture of your scar, planning for the second TKR, and holiday planning.
Your PT session today sounded just what you and your knee needed! And great that Kent will be going with you to see Darrell - safety in numbers.

Des and I were planning a trip this summer to Italy to visit Sorrento, Isle of Capri and them a day or two exploring Pompeii.

But, when I see the OS on 26 August, will ask him about doing this trip in a October. It will involve some walking, as Sorrento is very hilly. So, may have to post-pone until Spring 2015.

When I was in hospital sent a group text to my 'girlfriends' to have them join in my post-op goal to "Walk the 'Camino" in the Spring or Autumn of 2015. So, far 6/7 are very interested.
It is an ancient pilgrim me trail thru France, Spain and Portugal.
People usually do 5-7 days with about walking 10-15/20 miles per day from Pilgrim hostel or hotel .
It is very popular in Ireland to do this.
If you were to do the whole trail, it would take months- but people do it in stages over a few years.
Martin Sheen was in a movie about The Camino called "The Way" if you want to find out more about it.

So, The Camino is my goal for my ROM & Extension !

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora We were in Pompeii at the end of May this year. I think it would be doable for you by October. It's not very hilly or many steps but lots of uneven cobblestones you'll have to watch out for. It was fascinating and well worth the time we spent there. We were with 2 other couples and hired a private guide which I highly recommend. I don't think we would have come away with the same experience if we had tried to do it on our own. Unfortunately, I fell hard going into the train station that day to catch the train to Pompeii. I landed hard on my "bad" knee and was very uncomfortable while we were there. The bruise on my knee from that fall took a good 6 weeks to go away.

We spent 6 weeks away from home beginning with a 15 night transatlantic cruise from Florida to Copenhagen. Then we flew down to Paris and spent 5 nights, followed by 4 nights in Florence, Italy. Then we boarded a 10 night mediterranean cruise followed by 5 nights in Rome before we flew home. It was the trip of a lifetime. I really gambled that my knees would hold up. They did, although painfully. I was scared if we didn't go before I had surgery we might never be able to go afterwards. I now think it will be possible to go to Europe again one day and I can't wait! We loved every minute of it. Italy and the Greek islands were our favorites. I hear Ireland is really nice too!
 
16 day post op follow up report. I had to see the dreaded Darrell who turned out to be dreamy Darrell today :) Maybe someone sent him a memo? Who knows, but he was very pleasant today.

They started by taking 3 or 4 x-rays of my knee and then took me to see Darrell. He said x-rays looked perfect and mentioned again that my old knee "was trashed". Really? I never knew, LOL.

He checked out my incision and said it looked good and remarked at how much my swelling is better than most people at this stage. I told him I've been elevating and icing a lot! He said to keep on doing what I'm doing because it's working well. He was pleased with my ROM. He asked what I'm taking in the way of pain meds now and all that. It was really pretty short and sweet. I'll go back in 4 weeks to see my OS and we'll discuss at that time about scheduling the other knee to be done. I told Darrell it has been painful but gets better every day and hasn't been anywhere near as painful as I had imagined it would be. At least not after the first few very painful days. As long as nothing goes wrong with this one and I continue to improve at the rate I have been November should be a go for getting the right one done. I'm not excited about going through it again but at the same time I want this over and I want my life back and to not be ruled by my knees any longer. It's gone on long enough!

Also today, I got a new baby great nephew :) My sister's daughter had her 2nd baby this morning. His name is Royce and he was 9 lbs., 5 oz. and 21 inches long. A BIG boy! His brother Brody is so happy his baby brudder is here. Brody will be 3 in November. Since we don't have any grand kids I have to live vicariously through my sister's grands. Just thought I'd share that news.

Hope everyone is having a great day today. The forum is quiet today.
 
@gr82cu2 Janet I am relieved that Darrell was on his best behavior! Congrats on the new grand nephew. Yes the forum seems quiet today, also I am not getting all my alerts.
 
Great update! I think a lot of members were at the doctors today. Glad Darrell behaved and that you are doing so well!
 
@tiredwife this morning when I clicked the link in my email notifications it would only take me to the first page of the thread, not the newest comment and I thought, what the heck? then I discovered this afternoon I had been logged out. That's obviously not your problem though since you just posted.

I also think that if you don't follow the email link then you don't receive anymore updates. I think that's what happened to me a couple of times before I realized it. Someone would comment and I could read the whole comment in the email, didn't have a response to type out and didn't proceed through to the forum so it didn't notify me again. Now I make sure to click that link "view this thread" button whether I need to reply that time or not.

Things do at least seem to be loading faster today.
 
Back
Top Bottom