• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

MUA Good Strong Knee - No Bend<

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
I've placed the image in my post above. You should be able to see it now.

OP
OP
Gel-girl

Gel-girl

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Jamie The meniscus was mentioned in my follow up letter to the GP. It was also mentioned in the letter to the GP about the procedure before it happened. I have spoken to the registrar the surgeon and the clinical practitioner during various clinics I have attended. The all say that the meniscus was left and/or got trapped - this is ‘some’ tissue not the whole thing.

Letter before procedure-medial meniscus resection.

Last letter - excision of neo-medial meniscus.

I was also confused which is why I kept asking about the meniscus.

You were asking about it before-as I remember someone found an article about regrown meniscus but it’s on the previous page of my thread and I can’t find how to go back just one page.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
Gel-girl

Gel-girl

Country
Still in pain especially at night and when exercising. Sleep is interrupted but generally get 1 good night out of two so that’s better than before.

GP now prescribed Gabapentin as it seems to be more sore pain and shooting pain although I’m still getting that same pain from my meniscus area that I’ve had for 7 years - reckon it’s my body’s memory. Oh she’s also told me no painkiller will help with pain during exercise! Anyway I’ll see how I get on with the Gabapentin.

Helizabug

graduate
Country
I sometimes have pain,reminiscent of the meniscus pain, too. I wonder if some of our old meniscus pain came from the other, nearby soft tissues that were also suffering to accommodate the deficits in our joints. Some of those other tissues are still there in the joint as part of the remaining structure, I think. So they’re recovering too and maybe that’s part of that familiar pain. Which makes me go back to ice and elevation, and maybe anti inflammatory meds, at least while healing. Maybe ask about this?

OP
OP
Gel-girl

Gel-girl

Country
@Jaycey only stretching generally just to keep ahead of adhesions. Just so’s you know I am now 8 weeks out from MUA and keyhole plus over two years out from tkr so in a much better place than most MUAs and not actually had lysis of adhesions open or keyhole.

OP
OP
Gel-girl

Gel-girl

Country
@Helizabug interesting thought and yea could be right. I Always elevate and ice it’s a good form of pain relief. Anti-inflammatory drugs seem to do more harm than good for me - strange considering my body can take most painkillers as long as I have my senokot as backup :heehee:

Helizabug

graduate
Country
@Helizabug interesting thought and yea could be right. I Always elevate and ice it’s a good form of pain relief. Anti-inflammatory drugs seem to do more harm than good for me - strange considering my body can take most painkillers as long as I have my senokot as backup :heehee:
Its so odd and so ordinary at the same time that what works for one is awful for another. I’m glad there are so many options for pain relief.

OP
OP
Gel-girl

Gel-girl

Country
Still struggling with pain. Mainly during the night and when bending. Physio has now dismissed me saying they can’t do any more. I am 92 degree bend which is way better than my original 75 ish but not enough to get a full round on my bicycle. I can do it (after warm up rocking) on my indoor bike as the angle of seat to pedals is different and shorter cranks. I am looking into having the outdoor bike fixed with a short crank and hope this will make a difference! I just wish the MUA and adhesions release would have helped the pain too:sad:

Jockette

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I’m sorry to read this. :console2:
I wish I had an answer for you.

Helizabug

graduate
Country
My pain is worse since my MUA, too. I think my flexion is still better than 100 when I warm up and ease in. And I really wanted that.

I wonder if the swelling and ROM limitations, which can be painful in their own right, can also protect from other pain. I’m approaching this crankier knee as an improvement in the long haul, but, in the short run, I’m having to manage the pain more aggressively than I had three weeks ago.

Do you have this sense, too, that the gains in ROM have exposed some areas that had been cushioned or sheltered before?

OP
OP
Gel-girl

Gel-girl

Country
@Helizabug
I wonder if the swelling and ROM limitations, which can be painful in their own right, can also protect from other pain. I’m approaching this crankier knee as an improvement in the long haul, but, in the short run, I’m having to manage the pain more aggressively than I had
Interesting thought you maybe right. - I just know I can’t find anything to give me relief from pain. Trying tramadol again and I’ve managed to get it on repeat.

Also why does the pain manifest itself as soon as you lie down in bed?????

sistersinhim

Country
Also why does the pain manifest itself as soon as you lie down in bed?????
It does seem to happen that way. It could be that you've been too active during the day and it shows up when your body relaxes, or tries to!, and that's when the pain shows up worse.

I iced and elevated all night. As soon as the water in the bucket started warming up, the knee would wake me up. I'd replenish the ice bottles and that wonderful cold water would calm the knee down again and I'd sleep some more.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Annapic
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom