TKR Good grief, it's Gort!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sarah forevergimpy how are you doing? Did everything go well with your op?
Hope you are doing well,
Hugs
Toothfairy x :friends: :yahoo:
 
Just when I get my pain meds under control & start to feel a little better, I get handed the last dregs of half a bag if ice & I'm told that the one sole lonesome ice aching in the whole hospital - has broken down!!!! :hissy: :tantrum: :headbang: :yikes: Hopefully, I will be home tomorrow, the physios are happy with me (walking on canes!!) and I've done bloods & X-rays & all check out, so fingers crossed!!
 
Hi Jetthugger,
It goes from bad to worse.
I had no ice the whole time I was in hospital. I am sure that is why my leg was so swollen by the time I went home.
Hope you get home tomorrow as long as you are feeling up to it.
Well done for your walking, what a star.
Fingers crossed for a better night, just think of Gort as a new baby, very demanding and disturbs you in the night and absorbs all your attention for the first while.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
So happy to hear they have your pain meds under control!:yes!: The ice (or lack of) situation seriously sucks but I can't get over you going home a mere two days after a TKR! As Toothfairy says, "what a star!":yay: Brava!! And tell Gort he needs to let you rest.:sleep: Take care.
 
Had a Walker to the loo & the physios were that pleased with me that I came back to the bed on sticks! :happydance: :dancy: hoping that they will let me home today, just need to tackle stairs & I'm off!! : :happydance: :dancy: I really like the staff here, they are all lovely (even nurse Ratchett) but I want to be home & trying to fight off an overly affectionate Pharaoh Hound!! :puppysmooze:
 
Hi Aison, What a superstar, you are making amazing progress.
Glad they have been looking after you well. I gather from the upbeat tone of your posts that they have got your pain better managed.
What a difference a day makes.
By sticks do you mean elbow crutches or are they actual walking sticks?
Take it gently when you get home, not too much rough and tumble with your doggy friends. I had to google Pharoh Hound, very nice, my new bit of info for today!
Hooray for Gort and here's to a pain free future,
Love
Toothfairy x :puppysmooze:
 
Wonderful news, take it gently speedy one. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your meds, paperwork etc.
Home to your cosy nest and lots of icepacks and doggy cuddles, and your husband.....
Woo hoo,
Toothfairy, x :dancy: :yay: :yes!:
 
Enjoy your homecoming!
Get that ice on, it's the best thing by a mile-the feeling of "ahh bliss," so soothing on a hotty knee!
 
Yay! Talk to you after you're home!
 
Yeah Alison!! What an accomplishment. I am still waiting on lunch and to see how well my BP tolerates the stairs.

We've switched my oral meds and I'm in much less pain than previously. I do have a bit of dizziness but am hoping eating lunch will help that feeling.

How was the car ride home? Glad to hear your puppies were quite
Leased to have you back.
 
Wow, home already, you must be doing really well. Take care, rest lots, at least you have some ice!

Hugs, Fernie
 
Alison, so p;eased everything is going well for you. Aren't animals just the best thing? Take it easy. Hope you have a good day. Jenny :SUNsmile:
 
Hello Alison, I hope you are tucked up in bed with an ice pack soothing Gort to sleep.
Take it very gently now you are home. You are doing am amazing job to be home already.
Keep those pain meds to a very tight schedule,
Well done superstar,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance: :egypdance:
:happydance:
 
Thanks for all of your kindnesses, Sarah, that happened with me too, blatting like a new born till they got the meds right, now Gort is tight & hot (hence the ice) but otherwise bearing up. Think hubby getting huffy already, not sure he realised just how helpless I would be! :shocked: He googled the procedure to see what it involved & lasted 12 seconds :rotfl: :loll: :loll: :rotfl: I'm in bed now, Baggy snoring gently beside me (but she's perfectly safe, I trust her implicitly) Loki will therefore curl up with hubby, so I'm safe from him spring boarding off me for a while!! Hoping to sleep! Hope some of that pixie dust can be sprinkled our way! G'night all :sleep:
 
Wow jethugger you have done amazingly well! So glad you are home now and have access to ice! Be patient with hubby as they have no idea. It took my husband a week or two to really get it. Take care of yourself!
 
I do have a question. Josephine or bottomshollow hopefully can help me? I'm on tramadol 50 mg four times a day, paracetamol x 500 mg four times a day & ibuprofen 200mg three times a day, together with a blood thinner & omeprazole. I really struggled last night as I tried to take my last meds as late as I could (9,30) but the by 3am was in quite a lot of pain, held out till 5.30am & took meds again. Can you tell me how I can space them out to give me relief in the wee hours please? :what:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom