TKR Good grief, it's Gort!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Alison. Good luck on your return to work. It'll take time I'm sure and Gort will certainly tell you when enough is enough. I've always been amazed at how much exercise you have been able to do from so early on. Wish I could do half that. So great that you can because your walks around the lake with the woofers sound wonderful. Thanks for your post on my thread. Queensland is truly a beautiful place.With you having been to Australia you know how huge the state of Qld is, so there is plenty for you to explore if/when you come back. We've lived here for 30 years and we still find new places to see. Hate the humidity in the summer, but the mostly sunny days are just the best. Winter, we Qlders think is cold, but it isn't really, and our winter days are just beautiful. Take care and take it easy before you go back to work. I wish you only happy days. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Hi Alison,
I am so pleased that your tramadol withdrawal symptoms are over. :egypdance:
You are doing amazingly well.
I hope Gort is settling again after your busy day testing Gort to the max. Boo to heel pain. :hissy:
Don't be too robust about staying off all pain meds, no shame in taking paracetamol when needed.
I am still taking them twice a day every day and occasionally more if needed.

You sound like you are ready to step over the precipice to escape the recovery bubble and re-enter the world of work.Enjoy your last few days of freedom.
Have a great weekend and don't beat Gort up too much or he will take revenge.
Sounds like a good film title "Revenge of Gort"
Hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile:
 
Hi all.
Toothfairy wise words indeed!! Yes, I've discovered that a week of no pain meds was ok till te tramadol left my system, then all kinds of owees kicked in! The heel pain, my right knee has got a sharp pain when I go downstairs & Gort gets very grumpy at night, so I've restarted just with paracetamol/ibuprofen when needed - usually mornings / evening & keep my cocodamol in case it gets too much! :groan:
Fernie we are such practised hands in zodiac!!! :beer: :whistle: :shocked: I've taken it easy the last couple of days, mainly because I've been limping about like a ninety year old!! :groan: Seeing doc tomorrow for return to work slip. I'm otherwise being very very good :angel: & have even skipped the lake walk & just done a few times on my exercise bike instead.
It appears that I have ignored my own advice (again!!) and become impatient & want to be better now, please!!!!!
Hubby is being brilliant, but is now itching for a holiday, I've restricted him to less than 4 hours flight times, otherwise he as a penchant for hauling us all off to far flung places & I know I'm just not there yet (not to mention the dreaded dvt!!) :yikes:
kimejen don't be fooled by my exploits, I'm just a fragile as everyone else, just too stubborn to give in & I usually end up gimped & in pain at night!
I tried to have a gentle mog round our local shopping centre yesterday, I wanted to buy some new coordinated pieces for my return to work & maybe a pair of shoes with a modest heel? but was in so much pain I just came straight back home! I know my limits, but just too often go past them, it's gone beyond being stubborn to simple folly! :doh:
Sooooo, summing up - ODIC = ouch - I get it!!!
Hope you are all faring a lot better!!! Will share my mosh pit experience with you following tomorrows rock concert!!! And there's me slap bang back in zodiac!!! Vodka please!!!! :cheers2: :cheers: :martini: :rotfl: :heehee: :snork:
 
Poor jetthugger, I hear you! Today my schedule has been crazy and I'm just resting with ice, limped liked a v early days tkr person earlier, not good :yikes:

Good luck with the modest heel,I've bought some hideous wedge flat type things for next few mths at work.

Have a fabby Muse! Take care my zodiac buddy. :cheers: Fx
 
Hi Alison, sounds like you have been very busy.
I hope you have a fab time at the concert tomorrow. Hope you are having a quiet day before the concert.
Maybe vodka is the answer!
Are you all set for work on Friday? How do you feel about it now? I am feeling that I should be back but am still enjoying being at home.
Maybe some online shopping for return to work clothes? I am finding online shopping a real lifesaver but then I am not the worlds most enthusiastic shopper at the best of times!
Hope your doctors appointment goes well and then enjoy your evening. Dose yourself up on pain meds before you go so you can enjoy yourself.
Have a very jolly Wednesday, hugs, Toothfairy x :yay: :SUNsmile: :puppysmooze:
 
Hi Alison and Gort the Golden, Good and Glamorous,
Today is the day! Rock and Roll.
Have an amusing time this evening ( too much?)
Seriously, have a great time and hope Gort behaves. Just make sure you take enough vodka/pain meds/whatever(delete as appropriate so that you won't notice and have a fab time.
Sounds like it is going to be spectacular! [Bonesmart.org] Good grief, it's Gort!!
Enjoy and plan a very quiet Thursday. hugs Toothfairy x :happydance: :spin: :yay:
 
Oh very funny!!!! We are aMUSEd! :rotfl:
I am really really taking it very easy today, Gort has zingers shooting up & down, suppose its to be expected after the brutal treatment at yesterday's concert! Luckily I dosed up on cocodamol & just enjoyed myself, worry about consequences once they appear! :groan:
I don't know what bright spark put Dizzee Rascal up as one of the support bands, but they were awful & totally wrong for a Muse audience, which became apparent by his increased bad language and eventual quiet creep from the stage. Probably relieved to get away from a decidedly unenthusiastic & uncooperative crowd, who just wanted him to get off the stage!!! :cheers: :whistle:
There was a fairly long walk to & from the car, loads of steps (it's a football stadium) and, apart from one very welcome ray of sunshine around 6pm it was flippin freezing!!!! :skep: Still, as soon as Muse came on I shot out of my seat & wormed my way into the thick of the crowd & was transported for the next couple of hours. I had to eventually relent & sit for the final few songs, the walk back to the car felt twice the distance!!! But..... I did it! I survived the rock concert!! We arrived at 5.30 & left at 11pm, so I think I was nearly at Fernie superhero status :yes!: :heehee:
Yes, I'm paying the price today, but what a memory! I also know I wouldn't be able to have done it pre TKR, the old hag just wouldn't have withstood the onslaught...
So, YAY! Another thing to worship my surgeon for! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Last day of crocheting / reading before work resumes. Doc was really good, signed me 5 hours a day x 4 weeks so no pressure to be full time in the immediate future :happydance: :egypdance: :spin:
All in all, happy bunny with an unhappy Gort. Can't have it all can we? :whistle: :heehee:
Sending warm relaxing vibes out to all zodiac members! If that doesn't work, try a stiff one!!!!! :martini: :cheers: :cheers2: :loll:
 
Glad you survived and can rest today. Sounds like fun! Good luck returning tomorrow. I am finding half time at work plus chasing to watch my teens in track meets and concerts equals full time.
 
Amusing post Alison, I am really pleased that you had such a fab time. Worth the consequences.
That sounds like a very sensible approach to returning to work, 5 hours a day. Easy to do more if you feel up to it but there is no rush. Once you are back full time that is it.
Good plan to start on a Friday especially one before a bank holiday. I will watch your progress with interest. Not long for me now. I have a friend coming to stay on Saturday till Sunday tea time then my daughter, her partner and our precious grandchildren are staying Tuesday till Friday so it will be a busy week then back to work the following Tuesday.
I'm resting while I can. Off to do some sewing.
Good luck tomorrow, let us know how you get on and amuse us with tales of the workplace( ok enough of the amusing now!!!)
, hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
Well, 1st day back now under my belt! Id actually popped into sainsburys first,at 8am, to buy stuff for tea & replenish my stock of pg tips, which had mysteriously dissappeared in my absence!!! Luckily, a bit of foresight & cunning meant that all my computer & security passwords - even though expired & long forgotten- didn't thwart me & I managed to access the systems with little effort & not much cussing! :hissy: :tantrum:
My 5 hours flew by & my poor brain was dragged up through a fog of crochet & vampire novels to actually engage and DO something! Gort the magnificently tough & shiny did splendidly well & I had my trusty footstool so I could elevate when I wanted & i had my ice packs all prepared in the freezer box of the office kitchen. All in all it was a good return & more than I'd hoped for. :happydance: :dancy: :egypdance:
After work I still felt good enough to walk with hubby & the woofs round the lake. I felt I needed to do that as sitting for the morning had stiffened me up some so the exercise was really welcome!
I have, as a reward, treated myself to a new pair of nude peep toe court shoes with a modest 2 inch stiletto and feel so happy right now I could burst!!!!! :yay: :snork: :yes!: :yes:
Got a lovely tea sorted, crispy duck with hoisin sauce, cucumber & spring onion strips & wafer pancakes mmmmm.... That will be chased down by a dark & stormy (ginger beer & spiced rum) and I may even bake a banana cake!
Toothfairy I really hope your return to work will be as fulfilling and painless! Fernie I will save your seat in zodiac, I'm headed there right now!!! :cheers: :rotfl: Ready I agree with you on the full time bit!!! I think it has a lot to do with being female. I've always wondered how much we would actually earn if we got paid for all the stuff we do - just cos we are wives, mothers, grandparents, girlfriends, housekeepers, taxi drivers, counsellors,dog walkers, escorts, cooks, cleaners, carers, mediators, accountants..... I could go on! :whistle: :heehee:
Shortie good heavens! Awe??? I get by on being stubborn, ornery, gritting my teeth & probably causing myself more pain than necessary!! More like folly! :doh:
Have a really splendiferous bank holiday all! Big hugs! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Hi alison what a superb report on first day back :dancy: :thumb: Most excellent indeed. :egypdance:

Your recovery has been inspiring and the modest court shoes, well I'm jealous !

Glad you had a good MUSE as well.

Sorry, must be brief, iPad running out of juice and so am I ! Yes, see you in zodiac later.

Have a fab weekend and keep up the good work. It's v fab to hear you so happy and positive with Gort the great etc etc etc :bow: :bow:

Thank crunchie it's Friday and a bank hol weekend! Big hugs, Fernie x
 
Yippy! Made it through your first day, and it's already Friday! I am so glad it went well for you and hope it is a sign of things to come. Enjoy your weekend.
 
Congratulations Alison and well done Gort on a great day back at work. You've had a BIG couple of days. Enjoy your weekend, and I hope next week is as good as Friday. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Wonderful first day Alison. I am so pleased for you.
Sounds as though you had done a lot of preparation prior to your return. Impressive!
Sorry I didn't post yesterday but my Internet convection was down ( I know it sounds a bit like the dog ate my homework but its true!)
I was thinking about you yesterday.
My return certainly won't be so organised.
IT systems have changed in my absence so I will have to get to grips with those once I have battled through the maze to get updated passwords. Never mind, I am looking forward to it but also feeling a bit anxious about it.
I will be fine once I am there.
Hope you enjoyed your delicious meal last night. Have a relaxing weekend. Shoes sound lovely, enjoy but not for walking round the lake.
I must get cracking as I have a friend coming to stay arriving later this morning. Best be out of bed!
Happy Saturday working girl,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :cheers2: :bow:
 
Lake walks and new shoes - with heels! I'm well jel!
Does being back at work give you a sense of normality? I feel as if I'm in an odd little bubble at the moment. Strangely disorientating.
You were so lucky to see Muse.
 
Hi Alison, hope you had a fab weekend and enjoyed the wonderful weather. Hope you have a really good week at work.
Take it gently.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom