I had my MRI and Doctors appointment on Monday 12/27/2021. My new Doctor looked at the MRI and said that nothing looks alarming but noted that the rim of the acetabular cup is protruding out more than it should be and that is probably causing all the inflammation of the tendons and the groin pain. He then tested my strength in various positions to confirm his assumptions and I was weak and painful in the positions that he thought I would be. He has ordered an x-ray guided injection of pain medicine and on 01/06/2021 to confirm that the pain and swelling is coming from the soft tissue surrounding the acetabular rim and if it is he wants to replace the cup with one that fits so that would mean a revision surgery of the acetabular cup. I asked about doing a tendonotomy with a scope but he thinks to fix the problem properly a revision will be required. So after next Thursday I should finally have an answer to my 17 months of pain and swelling.