THR goatram is down on the deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey John, great thread, thanks! I learned a lot. I hope to be able to climb back into the cab of a Kenworth at 8 weeks or my business will fail. Bit of pressure, there. I had new bruising overnight at 5 days post op and was concerned. Since it can happen at 5.5 weeks post op I am not as concerned as I was. Good luck to you and thanks!
 
You've been on blood thinners, haven't you? Maybe still on them? In which case you will bruise easily. Nothing to panic about as long as you don't get swellings of blood, just your average kind of bruise.

No Just Asprin supposed to be the low dose ones but I take the regular ones One every 12 hours. My problem is I keep forgetting to take it.The pain reminds me to take a pill. All other types of pills are forgotten unless someone or thing reminds me too.

Lazy day. Got nothing done on my boat. Hung out at a friends house in his shop watching him and some friends fabricate a drain system for their Live Bait Tank.
Weather was not motivating me to work cold and cloudy:cry4:
 
Hi John

It might be a good idea to try and get ahead of the pain with taking your Meds if possible. I know it is so easy to forget, do it myself all the time. But it will help if you have some regular routine with them, you are still such early days.

I am glad you are having a lazy day with friends.. Your boat will still be there when the weather improves and you feel more motivated... Hang in there :)
 
aspirin is a blood thinner - as are all NSAIDs. Heart attack victims are invariably treated with aspirin for that purpose.
 
I thank you for the poke Kevin.

I had good news Thursday last week. The OS Agreed to doing the right hip. It is scheduled for next Month on the 20 March.

PT is going fine. I have made the right unoperated side scream a few times so Far. I am willing to do whatever "Jen" My PT asks me to do. Good intentions She has, just my body does not agree with some of her exercises. The right leg is smaller in size and has less strength than the right as well. We have three weeks to maintain it till it gets cut.

Left Leg is coming along okay. Still have some soreness around the groin and to the outer side of my scar. Still not off of the PILL. I have tried just aspirin and just Tylenol neither works to control the pain yet by itself. With out something stronger I go back to my limping around. I get to see the OS on the 12th for my next pre op appt. Time will tell.
 
Great news!!! That surgery date will be here before you can turn around. Don't worry about the fact that you still need pain meds. Your recovery is unique and you're still well within the "normal" range. It's more important that you keep the pain at bay and don't limp.
 
Did you know the you have almost the exact same surgery dates as the first ever March Musketeer? She went by "Rohanknitter", if you want to look her up. She had both hips replaced in 2010 and is doing great now, as far as I know. I do remember her saying that she took Vicodin between her THRs. It's okay. It's always best to manage your pain.
 
Well Kevin I am alive and for the most part doing well. Last Thursday when I was at PT I strained the Left Hip. Jen the PT Lady (Mean but Good looking) had me in the cage stretching my calf and hamstring muscles. I was standing on my lt leg and had the rt leg fwd on the ramp. She said to twist my lt hip in a washing machine action. I did it about 5 times when I stopped and told her that it hurt doing that. She went on saying that it was good for me stressing it that way. Since then it has continued to ache more than it had prior to that indecent. It was my 7th session with three different PT instructors at the same office.

I saw on the news your windy city is having a mini heat wave almost summer. We had 2 inches of snow last night and been about 10 degrees below normal for the last few weeks.

Wednesday I go in for my rt hip replacement. Show time is 8:30 with a 11:30am operation. Taken a clue from you I will see how I am doing Friday day 2 then decide if i will come home then or stay the extra day. I remember that Friday night was rough. I am ready to get it over and done. Side note both knees are still hurting as well from the increased activity. I am do for the series of ortho visc joint fluid shots in both knees. I have to wait till 4 weeks out for the series to start.:secretaea:
 
Can't say as I think much of that twisting exercise your therapist had you doing. You were smart to stop when you noticed it hurting. Geeze....you're still healing and it's not time yet for that rough stuff.
 
I absolutely agree with Jamie about your twisting "therapy".

I would not normally comment on any issue like this, as I have absolutely no medical knowledge, and I also think it can be dangerous to offer others "advice", as we are all so different.

However, the word "twisting" rang alarm bells for me.

I had a LTHR in 2010, in Peru, after an accident. My recovery is not 100%, but I'm not in any real pain, and if I can just carry on as well as I am now, that will be fine by me.

The only two major flare-ups I have had since then have both involved twisting. On the first occasion, it was playing Crazy Golf with a friend's son. The second time it was as simple as sitting down on a bed, laying a newspaper out beside me, and twisting round to read it.

I now avoid twisting at all costs.

All the best for your next big milestone, next week.
 
Smart to pull out the red flag on the twisting John. A colleague of mine at work who had THRs on both hips, - his PT broke his 2nd one and he had to have a revision because of it.

Good luck on #2 Sir. If it's any help to ya, I'm feeling good 2+ months after. Drop in here occasionally and let us know how you are doing.

Kevin
(ps - send pic of the mean but good looking PT) :)
 
Hi John,

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow's surgery! You and Kevin are just a hoot!! Least your PT is cute to look at as she makes you twist ya backside off and make ya hurt Oyyyyyy!! Be good to yourself and listen to your hips they are really good at saying what they want to do!

In my thoughts tomorrow!

xxooxx
 
All the best to you tomorrow. Please keep us updated. It will be great to be out of pain.
 
They moved me up in the schedule by 2 hrs so be at the hospital by 7 am. Today went and got my ears lowered (Haircut) and lounged around in the house due to the cold rain and Ice pellets coming down. I did have to climb out the window and cleaned the gutters of all of the tree stuff. The cedar trees drop their needles in the wind storms. I saw the water spilling out of the gutter yesterday when it was pouring out. It needs to be done about twice a year. I did not think I want to be out there for the next few weeks cause i will be kinda sore. See you on the other side of this operation. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers:friends:
 
Thats sounds better having it two hours earlier! You know what your in store for....your OK with the morphine pump yes or no...hope you are! I still get giggly thinking about the famous morphone pump HEAVEN!!

Hope you can sleep tonight. send us updates please

xxooxx
 
Goatram
Good luck tomorrow. Cleaning gutters today Hmm
We also had a couple of inches of snow this morning. The rain during the day made it all melt.
Let us know how you are doing.
Bea
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom