THR goatram is down on the deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had two nurses say that I should not be feeling much pain and should try to get off of meds.
Oh really? They seem to have the impression it's a choice! Bet they think differently when they have their hip replacements! :hissyfit:
 
As Horsey Girl said in her post "The world is looking up." It is 14 days post op. My Wound his healing. The OS used Superglue to seal it. Pain is there and is being controlled. Muscle pain in the thigh and pain tin the knee cap area hurts. The Knee gets oil and massaged to relieve some of it. The excersizes are going fine.With the snow the PT Lady has not shown up to give me something more challenging. I have gone out to my shop to do some small things and oversee my friend working on his boat. we are making headway. I take frequent breaks as needed with no climbing.

I am unable to sit still for long periods. This issue I need to work on. Today I have sat in my easy chair with a headache that I can not shake off. I have drank plenty of water and tea today so what else can I do?
 
Hi John,

Great news...I'm glad you are doing well. The sitting part takes a while to loose the stiffness. My first week back to work was really icky sitting at the desk, I got a special cushion that helped now I'm on week 3 with work and its getting better, soooo with time things do improve and in the big scheme of things pretty quickly too. Amazing how a week flies by and you start to see major improvements.

Sending you lots of good thoughts!

xxooxx
 
Unless the tea is decaf, I would skip it. Caffine can constrict blood vessels and make a headache worse.

You might try some hot compresses on the area of your head that's hurting.

You haven't tried reducing your pain meds, have you? Sometimes that can cause a headache also.
 
Hope you dealt with that headache John! Sounds like your recovery is progress very nicely. Keep up the good work!
 
Hi John, sorry to hear about your headache, hope it goes soon.

If you think it is heading for a migraine, drinking heaps of water can make it worse (although is saying that it is important to be hydrated).

If you have tension in your neck and shoulders, a hot shower sitting on your shower stool, letting the hot water loosen those neck muscles may help. But heat on your head will aggravate a migraine... just my experience..

Sending - healing vibes from OZ :)
 
Hey John - I'm just getting caught up on your posts. Laughed my butt off reading about the cat. I'm a dog person also. Glad that you are progressing - wondering about you and this big snow storm in your area that is on the news.

Kevin
 
The headache was a low grade one. Naggy to say the least. Yes Jo I have reduced the amount of meds substituting 1 XL strength Tylonal for a half.

Keven Down South about 2 hours they are getting hit hard. This area seldom gets big snow. We get rain not snow. Around here it comes down to your elevation most times. My house is close to the sound but at 500' elevation I might get snow but travel 2 miles to the sound and it is clear and wet. Now we have 10 inches and snowing lightly. Staying home for the day. If you listen to the news channels the world is coming to the end and not looking good at all.
 
Yes Jo I have reduced the amount of meds substituting 1 XL strength Tylonal for a half.
I take it you actually meant XS (extra strength). If you are taking only half a tablet that is 250mg which is worse than useless! The recommended "working dose" is 1,000mg or 2 XS Tylenol. to take less is pointless as you are essentially poisoning your body for no reason. Either take the working dose or don't take them at all is my recommendation!
 
Ah - okay. sorry about that. Momma Hen over-reacting as usual! :blush:
 
Hey John

Just catching up with how you are doing?

Nah! The world can't end, we have just got our new bionic hips and need to start living again.. Need to change channels :)

My other half still keeps wanting that F650...I dare not show him the photo of your boat :)
 
Tomorrow is 5 weeks post op. Met with the doctor and he let me know that he wants to hold off form doing the rt hip till it starts talking back to me. I tried to reason with him but no results. He did say that I can return to work next week on the 15th. Not happy with that. I still have some weakness in the left leg along with pain. It is getting better. Walking around alot. Got caught driving by my Home PT Lady. She was not happy at all. This back on the 21st of Jan. On the 3rd the Dr. lift the driving restrictions, okay, but I did not tell him about driving already. Something are better left unsaid.

Started Outpatient PT Yesterday. Came home and slept. Will see how I do on Wednesday before calling my Doctor. My Work does require me to climb ladders and Airstairs to reach the Flight Deck of the 747 aircraft. They are steep and aways up there.

Just to let you all know I am doing good and I'm alive.
Still taking 1/2 to a whole every 5 to 6 hours. I tossed the cane Friday walking unassisted unless I am going for a Loooooong walk.
 
Wow - have you thought about getting a new doctor? Not only is he sending you back to work before you are ready - but he wants you to hurt before you get #2 replaced! Doesn't sound right to me!

I can honestly say I would not have been able to climb any ladder at 6 weeks. That's just :rolleyespink:!

Fight back!
 
Wow, you're making great progress but please don't overdo it! Talk to your doctor. I can't believe he would let you go back to climbing ladders, etc this soon! Make sure he is fully aware of the physical aspects of your job and if he won't agree, ask for a second opinion!

Dee
 
John good to see your post(s) - I won't chew you out for driving - at least you were honest (with us) about it.

Sorry about the doc changing your plans - this messes up opening day big time.

DO be careful at work. If you end up going back before you are ready, make sure your Supervisor is fully aware ahead of time that you do not think you are ready for ladder work. If they pressure you to work when it's not safe ..... well you know what to do.

Be well.

Kevin
 
6 weeks far too early for what you do. Far too early.

As for the second hip, try a second hip surgeon!
 
I received word from the OS's Office That he approved a two week extension of my time off. Had to stop off there this afternoon to have him fill out a form and report back to my Insurance stating it. He has not responded to my 2nd request to rethink my Surgery on the Rt hip. He is out of town at a conference I was told. Monday return and hopefully he will accept it. Jo I don't think another OS will touch it for their own reasons. I talked to 3 of the better OS's in the area and I chose this one based on his quality and rep plus the talk He made about doing it in 6 to 8 weeks after the first the other two OS said 8 weeks to a Year later respectfully. I made the Bed now I have to live with it I believe.

More to come.

Side Note It is 5 and a half weeks post op. I still have pain in the outside part of the leg so I am still taking meds for it and the lower part of the incision where the hip joint is at developed a new bruise. Noticed it Thursday Night. I have not bumped it but am Using it a lot more this week with PT and walking. Bruise = bleeding. Just wondering if any one else has seen any bruising this late after surgery? Normal or Should I run To the OS for that monday:tantrum2:
 
John,

Good news on the time off....one less thing to worry about. I hope your OS also works with you on your request regarding the schedule...YOU know hwat is right for you...

I'll let the experts assess the bruising since I have one day less experience with all this than you! :thumb:

Keep us posted.

Z
 
You've been on blood thinners, haven't you? Maybe still on them? In which case you will bruise easily. Nothing to panic about as long as you don't get swellings of blood, just your average kind of bruise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom