THR ghost blade has a new hip

Hey all started my fourth week back at work wow time goes quicker when back at work.
Still only doing 5 hours a day at work but could probably push to do more now, then go to hydrotherapy straight after work.
I still have a lot of pain in the afternoon/night which is annoying me but I just ice it and ride it out.
Sleep is terrible hardly sleeping but slowly getting a little better.
Moving a lot better now and driving to work and back is getting easier to.
I'm am a little concerned or maybe its just me , I feel like in my hips there is a little movement or clicking..not really sure how to describe it, does anyone else experience this or similar?..
I really can't wait to go back to playing Tennis but physiotherapist says its still a way off till I can play Tennis.
But mentally I feel heaps better and being able to do stuff again is just fantastic.
I do want to thank all on here who have given me advice or just a positive message to me , I really appreciate it. Cheers
 
:wave:When will you go back to OS?
I would think things would have been settling down but it IS still early in recovery.
You know it can be easy to overdo in pool as you aren't likely to know you've overdone til its done did!
That plus work might have that hip complaining?
I would probably call my OS and relay my concerns before the holiday season makes everyone unavailable..just my opinion.
 
Wth two major surgeries in the past six months, there is still a lot of healing to happen.
I'm surprised you're handling work as well as you are. Since you've described your pain as "a lot" in the afternoon and evenings it wouldn't hurt to check in with your OS for reassurance. I'm sure the PA or a nurse will get back to you quickly and through a few questions offer reassurance, or have you schedule an office visit. I'd mention sleep also since it's very important in the healing process and you mentioned it's a struggle. Please let us know what you hear. We care.
Wishing you comfort!
@ghostblade
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope things continue to progress for you and all is well. Leave an update when you have time. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
Wishing you all the best in the New Year!
@ghostblade
 
I do hope all is going well.
Four months out was my "Eureka! This might actually am be okay."

Lots of improvement still came up to a year out.
Hope this year is wonderful!
 
Hi All... I had a great xmas and looking forward to going back to work in January only to be told mid January I no longer had a job as I wasn't able to work the 10 plus hours every day Monday to Friday like I used to do before my surgeries then I sort of spiralled out of control for a couple of weeks and just gave up on life in general I just didnt care about anything or anyone I just had enough of life.
Anyway
I'm now six months on and moving really well and just had my check up at the hospital and all is good hip/recovery wise.
I still have a bit of pain most days and struggle with simple things like putting on socks and shoes and I'm only 43 years old and feel like I'm 80.
I joined the gym 2 weeks ago to do some weights and cardio which was hard at first but got easier the more I went, I mainly joined to let out some frustration and to kill some time as I was really bored.
I found a new job starting next week but not sure if I will be able to do the hours required as it is a physical job.
My new employers know about my surgeries last year and asked if I would be able to do the job and hours and I have said yes so I would get the job knowing I probably won't be able to do the hours required and probably lose my job when I struggle to cope ... but have to pay the mortgage somehow as I don't have any savings anymore.
All I know is when life starts to get better like returning to work last year and looking forward to a good 2019 .. something has to always go wrong for me.
It's just so hard to want to go on these days it would be very easy to give up as I am broken right now and very depressed.
In the back of my mind I know one day Things should get better but right at this moment it's very hard to get through one day yet alone look to a brighter future.
Just after midnight here so I might go to bed now, sorry about my rant and raving
 
@ghostblade I so hate to hear that you have been struggling so. :unsure:
'm now six months on and moving really well and just had my check up at the hospital and all is good hip/recovery wise.
I am glad they gave you good report as far your hip implants but hate that you are still having pain. Maybe we could tag Josephine, if you'd like, who will want to ask you some specific questions to see if she can give you any advice? Do let us know..

I joined the gym 2 weeks ago to do some weights and cardio which was hard at first but got easier the more I went, I mainly joined to let out some frustration and to kill some time as I was really bored.
Just take it easy on any leg exercise with weights...if you have some sort of tendonitis or other strained muscle issue, that is sure to aggravate it further.
How does it feel when you are just walking? I know my hips were not fans of lifting much weight...my job is fairly labor intensive too but I have the luxury of acquiring some volunteers to take 'the weight off' some!
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of activity will your new job require...alot of lifting, bending, stretching?

Try not to despair..I am hoping all turns around for you:praying:
You know you have friends here, so moan/whine all you like.:console2:
 
It's heartbreaking to read this. Please, no apologies necessary.
It's good you've reached out here for support.
Hopefully some extra encouragement, even from strangers, will help get you through.

Let's look at the positives -
You're young! Lots of time to turn things around and be happier than ever. Where there is breath, there is hope.

You joined the gym! You're working on becoming a stronger, healthier you. Hopefully this will give you another focus and you may even meet some new friends or people to network with in your employment search.

You found a job! I'm happy you found a job but since you fear you'll lose it, please continue your search as you take on this new responsibility. Hopefully something will come along that you're well suited for financially and with hours you can tolerate. You don't want to get stuck in that hopeless feeling space again.

You have two new hips that are still healing and not yet at their best. Be patient. Better days are coming.
The possibilities are endless.

Please consider scheduling an appointment with a counselor or mental health professional. Someone who can help you sort through all of this. There is no shame in seeking help. You may even find taking a prescribed med helpful for a time to get from where you are, to where you want to be. It will get better!

Wishing you peace of mind and healing. Stop back often. We're here and we care.
@ghostblade
 
Last edited:

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom