THR ghost blade has a new hip

:heehee: 35 hours and how many minutes?
I was the same way counting my time down.
Chronic pain has a way of slowing down TIME..
Last one, friend and yes sir..
When you get this recovery business under your belt...you will get your life back!:egypdance:
Will be thinking of you and cheering for you along with the other Bonesmarties!
Try not to stress too much..
 
:wave:I suppose it is night there? My Tuesday morning.
You are likely do be all done and dusted by the time I get up tomorrow morning.
Thinking of you and wishing you well.
Last one and DONE.
Double hippy!:chuckmarch:
 
Hi :wave:
Wishing you the best as you move through surgery and begin recovery tomorrow.
We'll be here thinking of you and looking forward to your first post.
I bet you'll do great!
@ghostblade
 
Hi All

My surgery went well , day 2 up and walking down the hospital corridors feeling good , day 3 same and thinking of going home .
Day 4 unfortunately things didnt go very well unfortunately I couldn't even walk 3mtrs a lot of swelling and excruciating pain/stinging burning pain not around the wound but down the side of my leg where there is a lot of pain and swelling. So rested and iced all day.
Day 5 still in so much pain hardly moving but not much pain from surgery site.
Saw the surgeon and he said sometimes the Anterior approach they hit a nerve that causes the pain down the side of the leg so they started me on a nerve drug not sure whats its called. Also told me i need to have ultrasound to rule out bloodclots.
Day 6
Not a good day thats all I can say.
Day 7 today , woke up feeling good they upped the dose of nerve drug and had that ultrasound.
Lunchtime physio came and got me up on crutches again walked a lot further and up a couple of stairs pain was so much better (thankfully) but they won't let me go home today as I'm not quite ready.
This surgery has been so much harder and painful than my last surgery in June.
But can it can only get better from now on. And now its time for more pain meds and hopefully I get to go home tomorrow
 
:wave: @ghostblade
Hate you had such a rough start.:sigh:
I was glad to see your post.
Sounds like they are getting your medication worked out...thank goodness.
Hope you'll be able to get home soon!
 
@ghostblade
I hope your nerve pain sorts itself out quickly and you can get home. It must feel a real setback to you at the moment but I am sure it will come right with a bit of patience. That seems to be something most of us are short of :-)
Wishing you all the best
 
@ghostblade ah you poor thing what a horrible start. It will soon be behind you. Wishing you all the best
 
Aww, I'm really sorry you're having such a rough start.
I can imagine it feels like a disappointment after your first THR.
We always read no two recoveries are alike, even with the same person.
You're a great example of that. I hope today is a better day and you're able to go home soon.
@ghostblade
 
:wave:Just wanted you to know I was sending Good Mojo your way.:friends:
These first days can be jarring and tough.
I DO remember.:oyvey:
All temporary...hope today is restful...and Don't forget the Ice!:ice:
 
Hi all just quick update

Day 8 , woke up very sore but after having a shower I felt prerty good.
Physio came back to see me and I conquered the walking and stairs with ease which was a surprise to me so Physio said I could go home.

Day 9
Woke up from a sleepless night , but during the day I managed to get around pretty good.
I had help from my darling wife and daughter throughout the day which made things a lot easier.
Only negative is nerve pain is still quite sore and sometimes restricted me to what I can do at times during the day but other than that I'm ready to run a Marathon :-).
And of course ice ice ice and pain meds.
Day 10 (today)
I have been up since 2am just struggling to sleep due to hate sleeping on my back and pain.
My foot is very swollen today and painful which is something I didn't have last THR also my calf muscle is sore too.
But hopefully day will get better.
 
I sure do hope so.
Glad you are home and just keep thinking TEMPORARY!
Healing mojo coming your way, @ghostblade .:yes:
 
Best wishes your day gets better.
Maybe you'll even be able to squeeze in a nap :fingersx:
Hopefully the swollen foot and sore calf muscle eases soon.
A peaceful weekend to you!
@ghostblade
 
Today has still been painful all day long have been up since 2am and its now 10.45pm and can't sleep. Its so hard not to take a couple extra pain killers to relieve my pain to get some sleep.
 
Aww, I'm so sorry you're struggling with pain.
Can you talk to the office of your OS about adjusting your meds? You need to be comfortable.
Please ice if you're not. I can't encourage you enough. It really helps.
Josephine recommends icing sessions last 40-60 minutes several times a day.
I iced constantly. Not even kidding, if I was sitting or lying down, I was icing and my pain was tolerable
and minimal. It helps with pain and swelling.
Wishing you comfort. I hope you find relief soon and some restorative sleep.
@ghostblade
 
Hi @Layla I can't get hold of OS as I went through public hospital and getting hold of him is near impossible , once discharged from hospital I now have to go to my own GP which can't happen till next week now to keep an eye on pain meds needs.
Hospital told me to present myself to A&E if I think I need urgent medical treatment but I dont need urgent treatment just pain management.
I'm icing my wound/swelling quite often throughout the day and the pain just won't ease up.
The pain is probably my fault as I pushed myself quite hard yesterday with all my physio exercises and getting up and walking around quite often and up and down a couple of stairs too.
But fingers crossed tomorrow will be better , well tomorrow starts in 55mins time.
I do get to see my Surgeon next Friday to check on how wound is doing and how I'm doing in general.
 
If you joined the ODIC (Over Did It Club) as we refer to it here. It may take longer than a day to get back to where you were.

Below are words to ponder. PT is a personal choice but please consider the following -

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

Wishing you comfort and relief.
@ghostblade
 
Just knock off all the PT for now dear ghostblade.
I'm sorry you're meds aren't sufficient. Shame the OS is not making himself available for after care of which pain management is important.
Maybe your GP can help on Monday?
Wishing you a better day.
Know you've done this before but as you know, each recovery is different even on same person.
Hope today is a better day!
 
Hi @Mojo333 yeah I have knocked off all P.T , all I'm doing is icing and putting up my feet and relaxing(well relaxing as best as I can with this pain that's not letting up) I booked a GP appointment for the 13th September before my surgery as a back up for after my surgery as my first hip THR when I left hospital they only gave me 2 weeks of medication from hospital and told me to go GP to get further pain relief as they have done this time to. I wont be able to get an earlier appointment at my GP as he is always fully booked out weeks in advance but I will ring him on Monday and see if I can get a earlier appointment than the 13th.
Yip I totally agree with you that no operation recovery is the same as last time. I was pretty stupid to assume I would cruise through this recovery like last THR.
At least there is netflix to kill the time throughout the night.
 
Hi all Day 18 , All going good now moving around pretty good and the pain is fairly manageable.
I'm actually feeling human again as I have been out with my daughter and grand kids to the park which was awesome.
Saw the P.T last Wednesday and he has given me new exercises to do , but I'm only doing what I can manage without to much pain.
Was hoping to go to the local pool to do laps of the pool walking/swimming but doctor said my wound isn't healed up enough yet and he would advise me against doing it just yet.
But now I am going to stay positive and just take day by day and just cruise till all is healed.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom