Guest viewing is limited

TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

If it is just annoying, that's good. I was told the joint will tighten up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Welcome home! What a couple months you've had, huh?! I'm sure it will be nice to get back to a routine, feeling better than ever.

Our relaxing mid-summer trip for later this week took a twist and will be anything but relaxing. Hoping I hold up ok!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne , now you have my curious about the twist your trip has taken. Are you still coming to Wichita for work this summer?

It felt sooo good to be in my own bed last night. Call me spoiled but, we have had a king-size bed for years and all the beds we slept in while we were gone were queen size. It's hard when you're used to a bigger bed! Last night, I decided to forego the knee pillow I generally use and try the saran wrap trick. I don't know if I was so exhausted it didn't matter or if it actually did make a difference, but I slept really well! I'll try it again tonight and see what happens.

Roxie
 
Didn't mean to tease... We were supposed to my uncle's lake house in Wisconsin for a few days of R&R, but that trip was cancelled last minute. So... instead we are taking my son to Great Wolf Lodge water park for a night, then to my husband's family in Ohio for a 2-day town festival. Pretty much the opposite of lounging on a boat, as originally planned.
 
Yea for saran wrap trip. It helped me a lot, and if you get the right lotion to use before you put it on the wound will love you for it.
 
Wonderful to get away, but at some point I always begin to think longingly of my bed. So happy you a had a great trip and are safely home.
 
@Kansas Teacher ... glad you are home safe and sound. What is the trick with saran wrap? I'm up for anything that will help swelling and stiffness. And do you put lotion on first? Will have to try this tonight!
 
@bluejuju there is a video on YouTube that shows exactly what to do. Here is a link to the video.
 
My knee seems extra sensitive at night. I blame it oven the sleeve I wear during the day. The one time I've tried the saran wrap trick I didn't think it did much for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
@tigz , I tried it earlier on too without much luck. But it did help last night so I'm hoping it continues. Maybe the surgical pain was still too bad the first time I tried it. I'll let you know in a few nights if last night's good results continue. Do you think the sleeve is helping?

Roxie
 
I know there's residual swelling from the MUA, so the compression sleeve is definitely a good thing during the day!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
I still have some issue with general swelling and a tight band feeling and am wondering if a compression sleeve would help that, @tigz.

Roxie
 
Roxie I don't think this I'd like what you find in stores....this is strictly cloth. Not sure what it's called?

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
I have been using the saran wrap with lotion, it is supposed to reduce the swelling like those tummy wraps at the spa:heehee:. The swelling comes back during the day but first thing in the morning it looks and feels good!
 
Saran wrap trick worked again last night. I did wake up a bit early -- about 5:30 -- but slept all night prior to that. Did you try it, @bluejuju ? If so, I hope it helped you out too!

Roxie
 
Back
Top Bottom