Guest viewing is limited

THR Frustrated

Hope you're resting comfortably.
Have no idea what time it is there, or what day for that matter. :shrug:
Just hope you're comfortable @anny
 
Yay...home this afternoon, now tucked up in bed for an early night as last night in the ward was pretty noisy and I didn't sleep. We had to wait a long time for the discharge paperwork so filled in the time walking up and down the corridor.....that, combined with up and down the stairs three times to the loo plus getting ready for bed hasjust about finished me off......no can-can for me tonight :heehee:

Thank you so much for everyone who has been looking out for me.....your posts are truly heartwarming and it was wonderful to come home and read them. This hippy journey would have been so much harder without you lot! :wowspring:
 
Home sweet home!
Hope you get some restorative sleep and have a restful Weekend!:angel:
 
Happy to hear you're resting at home already, anny.
No place like it for peace and relaxation.
We enjoy being here for you, you're stuck with us now.
Hugs and wishes for comfort :friends:
@anny
 
So much for keeping up with my Recovery thread......had a small meltdown with the boys (Charlie and Joey) yesterday because everything is taking so long to do.....I am, of course, used to it from the first time round, but I think that's the trouble, having done it all once I'm right back at the beginning again! And instead of hurting in one place, it's three cos my knee whinges when I walk and my March hip has just woken up to the fact that it is the principal support and doesn't like it. Nothing major....managing well on panadol, just feel slightly overwhelmed for a while. I think it also makes a difference when you've been a few days in hospital with nurses concentrating on you, then- home where, although they are concerned, it's all a bit old hat now cos you've all been thro it before. Hence my pity party :heehee:

Otherwise nothing really interesting to report. My meds are panadol and celebrex, with a chaser of aspirin, and tramadol waiting in the wings. When I'm sitting I have half a hockey puck on my right side and a gigantic puck on my left.....I asked my surgeon what causes this feeling and he was non-committal, in that special surgeon way :umm:. Walking is ok on two crutches, and I can do a couple of steps with one, but not pushing that at the moment. I go up and downstairs 6 or 7 times a day.....not a good idea to come up behind me if you're in a rush :wink:.......but I get there in the end. Getting into bed is sometimes tricky....first day back I thought my leg would never co-operate, but logleg didn't stick around for long, thankfully. However I need to be pretty athletic to negotiate the piles of pillows and cushions that are designed to make me forget I'm sleeping on my back (failure......nothing can make me forget I'm on my back, rearranging them just gives me something to do in the middle of the night!) Oh, and I'm pleased to report that daily prunes and other fibrous remedies were not in vain, and success was obtained yesterday :yes!:

All in all, very little to complain about....just a spot of the 'baby blues' and I know this recovery comes in stops and starts, so expect tobe leaping around like a gazelle next week :egypdance: I came home with a sheet of exercises from the hospital physio, the only one I'm doing is vaguely waving my leg out to the side a few times a day. We don't have any PT follow-up out here, unless you choose to go privately, but I have a lot of faith iin the BS mantra of 'less is more' and will just gradually up my walking.

I hope all other recovering hippies are doing well, and that anyone going in soon will not freak out too much but focus on the better life ahead :flwrysmile:
 
Oh @anny.
You poor thing,:console2: but you do relay a pity party and the goings-on of recovery in such a delightfully memorable (ah...I do remember:sad:)
way!
I'm glad you were able to "go" as that always is also a pain in the rear.
One week so you have a little more fun to go you know.
You sound like you are doing well about getting about and though you don't say how many or how steep, stairs 6 or 7 times a day this early out sounds like alot.
Those weak glutes might be complaining some about that, do you think?
You know the remedy for most things post-op round here:ice:
Have you tried that on your rear?

Hope you are able to rest (flat on back sleeping:hairpulling: remember that too)
Hugs from the other side of the world.:friends:
 
thank you @Mojo333 .....I did feel better after posting that.....think I just needed to get it out there! Luckily the stairs aren't particularly many (13) or steep, but the loo is up there.....:sigh: Think it's the little things that get to us the most :shrug:
 
Oh yes, flat on the back and so many pillows. I can really relate to moving them round gives you someone to do in the early hours. In fact, I could probably write a book on it.
Hang on in there. You've been there before so you know it does get better.
 
101 Ways to Arrange Pillows
video
By Bonesmart Recovering Hippys

We could do it :)
Not sure who would buy or why.

Forgot about the upstairs loo...and the ominous 13 steps...don't know how long you've lived there but did you know Exactly how many steps until hip replaced?
Hope all eases soon!
 
I recall BeBe saying the same thing about less enthusiastic care once back home. Not that they (family) aren't there for you, because you know they are, but they witnessed how strong and capable you were in your first recovery so just assume "you've got this". I guess it's in our nature to want a smidge of sympathy after our flesh was cut and bone sawed. Right? :yes: You know you can always come here when you're feeling blue. There are many people here who are good at sympathizing and lifting spirits. Lots of laughs too.
You sound good and seem to have it under control. I hope today is a peaceful one for you, anny :SUNsmile:
@anny
 
Hi @anny. Pleased you are home and recouperating. Seems in NZ you stay in hospital few days like here. I can't get my head around this 'day surgery' in America. Not that I want to stay in hospital long (and I am dreading I may have to stay 8 days) but I think a few are necessary to make sure all is well.

As I am basically bedbound, I don't like the way the household is run but sadly know it is out of my control until I am mobile.

Take it easy and take care. xx
 
I was hoping you’d pop in and update but sorry to hear you’ve had the blues. It seems as if you have an innate ability to see that it’s expected and most likely short lived. Have you mentioned to anyone that flowers and chocolates help you heal faster?
 
Awww, big warm California hugs going out to you @anny! Pity party all you need to, it's part and parcel of this tough recovery and we are all hippy warriors in the end. It's not for sissies, this THR stuff. You're doing great and the BoneSmart cheering squad has your back. And side. And hip. Feel better. :roseshwr:
 
@anny Those stairs...wow! I would pass on them for right now if at all possible! Amazing that you are doing them, but would be easier on your body if you weren't!

I am sure I'll have the same issues with my fam as you are experiencing second time around. @Layla is so right in that the family is probably assuming that "you've got this" as you were strong and capable through the first time recovery. It would be nice to get a smidge of sympathy for all the wood working your #2 hip has been through. After all, you have had to go through this TWICE...thus all the more sympathy you deserve! They don't see it that way, but more that you are doubly strong and capable, which of course we know you are :yes: . However, a little TLC would go a long way though right now. We are all here for you, as you have been for us :) . Thinking of you so much and sending you a huge cyber hug:console2:
:flwrysmile:
 
@anny,
I understand the stair problem. I have 6 up from the lounge to the kitchen and then 10 from the kitchen to the bedroom and another 3 down into the bedroom.
Contrary to what @Alitm has said, as much of a pain (in more ways than one) as it is going up and down those stairs I really think it helped my recovery. Just take it slowly and you will be ok.
 
Hey @anny ... I'm following/hobbling in your footsteps. It seems that the pain is worse this time two days in. I got up a few times to go to the loo during the night and was feeling incredibly sorry for myself, breaking out in a sweat, thought I was going to hurl at one point.

You are a superstar to do that many stairs several times a day. I have the same number. I was feeling up to going up and down once a week post-op last time, but slept downstairs for another week until I had my appointment with the OS. My memory of the first couple of weeks is a bit foggy, but I remember that when I had that post-op appointment I was getting around well with the crutches. My 2nd procedure was 7 weeks to the day aft the first and I'd accomplished a half hour walk at that point but then the still-arthritic side started hurting really badly.

Thi forum is good for useful advice and also just being able to complain with abandon to others who understand. Wishing you a good day, hang in there and vent when you need to!
 
@anny

13 stairs up AND down 6-7 times per day?!? How did you, are you doing this?! :shocked:
A commode chair. Seriously.
Of course you need no other PT. 26 x 7 = 182 stairs per day!!
No worries about the pity blues - you're such an incredibly good natured, positive person!
honestly I worry about people who don't voice a little "woe is me" under these circumstances!
Slow and easy does it on the stairs honey. Is someone around in your house in case you get in trouble?

I'm a worry wart and I have a fanny pack with my cell phone in it everywhere I go here at home.
You know in case "I've fallen and I can't get up". Since there are no near neighbors who would hear me yelling, and I'm alone all day, except for the critters and BeBe doesn't use the phone...
The only time I didn't have it on me was when I sprained my ankle (but didn't fall) in July.

Take it easy these early days especially if your first hip is grumbly. You don't want that to wake up.
Hugs to you Anny - hoping you have a good day. :friends:
 
Sending love and hugs, anny :loveshwr: :friends:
A flower too :flwrysmile:
I hope you're feeling better today. Remember, we're here if you need us.
Wishing you comfort.
@anny
 
Thinking of you today and hoping you are feeling better!
:friends:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom