.I do find, tho, that the first one seems to have got more achy and whingey since the second op....putting it down to ramping back the exercise for the recovering side......should I push myself a bit more on the walking/flexibility exercises? How have others who have had both done fairly close found it?
I am finding the healing between the two hips really interesting to say the least. Around 13 weeks post op first hip, 4 weeks second hip, my first hip started complaining as well! My physio said to think about the timing of it all, and what first hip has had to endure. I am doing some physio, as I feel so weak, and wanted to get my gait sorted out. I also do some somatics, which is super gentle. My physio isn't one of these rah rah, all for one and one for all guys, who doles out ten reps that have to be done three times a day, otherwise I would not be doing it. I started seriously with him at six weeks post op second hip. This is what my OS recommended too. This physio assesses me and what my body needs, based on where my weakness are, and starts with five reps only, once a day of just a few exercises, and promotes the continued walking...but with hiking poles, to help even out the gait!! That is plenty! You are not alone with the dance of the hips and which one is complaining when! I am still taking Tylenol. Physio assures me it is quite normal to be taking something through about four months post op on average and that everyone is different. I am dropping doses all the time, but definitely take it when needed.
I also was interested to read about what
@BeBe had to say about the Hyaluronic Acid (HA) injections that she gives her horses.
Years ago I used to give my horse injections of hyaluronic acid injections for his hock arthritis. It did help him quite a bit. he moved much better and played again.
I also have had this success with one of my horses over the years when I was competing him, but now he is retired, I have switched him to 100 grams feed through vs. the monthly injections, as the recent research has been showing the feed through to be more effective...and I find it more cost effective too! I was just having this conversation with a friend here about human consumption of the HA. I think I'm going to see if it helps. I've also started up the glucosamine/MSM/chondroitin sulfate again, that really did help my hips for the first couple of years.
I am sorry about your FIL. My MIL is in the same place with the dementia and more frequent TIA's. You are further away from your FIL than I am from my MIL in Bermuda. Thinking of you on all that.
I hope that you can fend off the knee surgery, as your hips improve.
