THR Frustrated

In reading your last post, thinking back I can recall little hints about my hip that I dismissed.
You think OA is reserved for people of a certain age, but not the age you're at, lol.

One week to go. The final countdown.
I'm excited for you to have the next / last surgery behind you.
Wishing you comfort as you wait out these final days.
@anny
 
@anny
Hi
Thinking about you today and hoping you're doing ok getting all sorted out and organized for next week.
It was weird before my second surgery - like I just couldn't get organized and ended up just letting stuff go.
And it didn't really seem to matter now in hindsite.
So if you're finding trouble staying on track - no worries- you'll still get that new hip!
 
Well last one and Anny will be "jam up and jelly tight...":heehee:
Good old southern US phrase!
You know we we'll be thinking of you and wishing you a smooth recovery!:loveshwr:
Try to have a great weekend!
 
@Alitm ....fingers crossed the MRI on your back shows no problems.....hips are bad enough without backs trying to get in on the act! Not much longer for you now....hope you're managing to stay cool calm and confident :ok::yes!:....if you are let me know your secret :heehee:
 
@BeBe......yes I've been trying to sort out stuff for the hospital.....this time I'm travelling light (took so much stuff that never came out of the bag last time.....3 changes of clothes, you'd have thought I was going on a cruise!) and I just think if I haven't organised something, someone else will sort it (I hope! :yikes: why are we such control freaks? :))

How are you doing? Hoping you're improving a little each day......up the ladders and not down too many snakes (do you have the game Snakes and Ladders in the US?)
 
thank you @mojo and @Layla......you are such enormously helpful ladies, and I do thank you for the support you give me and everyone else, it really is much appreciated

I love 'foreign' sayings....never heard "jam up and jelly tight" before so googled it.....

"Jam Up And Jelly Tight" is a southern saying that Tommy Roe's Dad- THOMAS HUDLOW ROE used to say when things were going very well. Or also to describe a very pretty girl.

Either meaning is good, but I particularly like the second one :heehee:
 
:wave:Hi @anny I've been thinking about you! You beat me to it in saying hello :) Gotta love those butterflies in the tummy! I am using a meditation app called Insight Timer that @stellaluna recommended. I've been trying to meditate every day...It does help.

I see my GP about the MRI results on Tuesday...your surgery day! You are so kind to remember about that! I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday and that will be my diversion from the MRI results! My chiropractor (I've been held together by a great physio and a great chiropractor) told me what she thought it would say, which is what I thought it would say, so we'll see if we are right! The physio says that he feels 50% of my back pain will get better with the hips being done. The OS says he thinks I might get more that 50% back pain relief. I'll take 50%! My biggest concern is losing the core strength I still have while rehabbing the hips....but I can't micro manage everything, as much as I'd like to!!! :heehee:

Are you feeling ready for Tuesday...which must be almost upon you? Thinking of you, wishing you a successful surgery, low pain levels and generally an easy time of it post op!
 
thank you for your good wishes @Alitm.....I'd like to say I shall be posting from my bed in Recovery as soon as I come to, but if it's like last time it'll be a day or two before I regain my wits :heehee: I'll take my mind off all the needles (and the rest!) by visualising you getting good news....and one day I will learn to meditate! In case I lose track of time afterwards, I'll wish you good luck with yours too....hope it all goes smoothly and you (literally) 'find your feet' quickly afterwards....will see you on the Better Side :yes!::flwrysmile:
 
Thank you for the kind words, anny.
We thank you for your ongoing participation on the forum spreading
wisdom and cheer. You've been a great contributor.
Two more days until your next THR. I hope you're feeling calm.
Will be thinking of you and looking forward to your first post after surgery.
Prayers for your comfort as you wait out these last hours before double hippy status. :happydance:
Sending love and big hugs! :loveshwr: :friends:
@anny
 
@anny I will have my phone at the hospital, so look forward to chatting with you after my op. I apologize in advance for any odd ramblings and blame it on the pain meds already:heehee: I think I might see you on the healing side before I go in, with you being ahead by 18 hrs or so. I look forward to that :happydance:! Wishing you peace of mind and a butterfly free tummy pre-op...not long now! May your pain meds be well managed and :yes!: to having that horrible hip pain behind you! :dancy:.
:flwrysmile:
 
@anny !!
{{{hugs}}} are you at the hospital yet? I'm an idiot about the time difference.
Don't worry about traveling too lite - you have your Bonesmart security blanket wrapped tight around you!
One of my little tricks is to put myself out a few days in the future; by this time next week lots of hippy
milestones will hopefully be behind you for this go around!
Maybe you'll be one of those wonders who loses the walker and ties on the runners for week 2!! :walking:
Positive thinking right?

I'll be saying prayers for you to stay calm and peaceful and to have a smooth hospital stay.
I will be watching for your posts.
 
Just another Bonesmarteuse wishing you well on Tuesday @anny!
Hoping it goes smooth, fast and with perfection.
We are the September Sapphires, after all!! We are proud! We are invincible!
We are hobbling hippies! :)
See you on that famous other side where we head towards pain relief.
 
Thinking of you Anny....hope it's a smooth transition to 2 healthy hip joints for you!!
 
@Alitm @BeBe @1stSurgery @Bumblebee ....thank you so much for your good wishes

Alitm and 1stsurgery, I'm sure we're going to have lots of grumbles to swap, but we'll get there in the end....hope all goes well for you too......typos after surgery are a badge of courage :wink: (just getting that in before you see my postop postings!)

I struggle with time zones too BeBe....I understand it in theory, but in practice my brain says "whaaat??". I'm with you on looking into the future tho....now saying 'in 24 hours it'll all be over and I'll be reclining in bed being waited on hand and foot; (I wish! :heehee:) Hope you're doing ok, and those pesky pains are subsiding

Bumblebee! Lovely to hear from you....glad you're still popping in now and again, hope all is going well for you, and your hip is behaving itself :SUNsmile:
 
I will be thinking of you, friend and sending you healing hugs in advance!:friends:
Double hippy coming right up!:chuckmarch:
You are going to do great!
 
Writing this while you're (hopefully) sleeping on Tuesday a.m.
Many here thinking of you today. We'll be with you in spirit.
Sending love, hugs and wishes for peace and comfort.
Will look forward to your first post.
@anny
 
Early Morning Musings.........."musings: contemplation, reflection"......nothing like the butterflies that are now rioting in full battle gear :tantrum::sos:

After waking up every half an hour I got up at about 5.30 to make a couple of mugs of tea and take them back to bed with me....nothing after 7am but I can't go without my cuppa. It seems strange as I sit here, totally unable to think of anything but operations, that I can hear people getting in their cars and going to work as if it's just another day! Not sure why but I feel more nervous this time than I did in March......might be partly due to the phone call from the anaesthetist last night. He was really leaning towards a spinal this time....said I must have been in some pain afterwards as the records show I pushed my morphine button 7 times (really? I don't remember much pain, only the nurse telling me to keep ahead of the pain by pressing the button regularly....now labour pains I DO remember well. after 30 odd years!) I was pleased I'd made a definite decision about a GA this time instead of wobbling from one to the other, but now he's put doubts in my mind and I'm back to square 1. Oh for the days when the professionals made all the decisions.....this doesn't help the stress levels :umm:

Ok.....one mug of tea down and feeling slightly calmer....plan is to catch up with an episode of a mindless soap on my laptop, drink the other mug, ((dive to the loo) and try to doze a little bit longer before I have a shower. I don't leave home till 12.15 so will have to occupy myself for a couple of hours, and postpone the anaesthesia decision till I talk to him just before the op....all I've got to do is find the off switch for my brain!

@Layla @mojo could you please change my thread title to "Two down, none to go" .....I'll set it up now, tho if I stick with the GA it might be a few days before I can string 2 words together :wink:

Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement and good wishes......the support of others who are in the same boat is invaluable :friends:and good luck to all September Sapphires either waiting or now recovering :flwrysmile:
 
Yes, anny, of course. We'll get it changed it for you.
Again, best wishes, we'll be thinking of you. You're going to do great!
@anny
 
Thinking of you @anny and sending some Sapphire love wayyyy across the globe. Somehow it became Tuesday for you already, we are still living in the past here in Ole Monday. I know you'll do great. You're a Sapphire. You'll rock it. :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
@anny :wave:Thinking of you and hoping you are comfy and resting up post op :yes:. Post when you can :SUNsmile:
No more butterflies! :happydance:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom