Thank you everyone,
@Hip4life @leejaa and
@Mojo333 for your words of encouragement and support. And Mojo, your song did bring a smile to my face, thank you.
Well I haven't done any physio for six days now, just walking. These feelings I keep having are hard to describe, not stabbing pain, more like a horrible ache or soreness. They appear in different places, i.e. top of the hip, lower hip or groin. And not all the time. So if there was something wrong I would feel something all the time, yes? It's a natural thought to think there's something gone wrong. For me anyway, a born worrier.
I feel I haven't made any progress in the past two weeks. I am eight weeks tomorrow and still walking with a cane in the house. I have no one to actually relate to. Everyone I know has had a hip replacement because of previous problems and were in pain, but now improved. Whereas I had a perfectly good hip with absolutely no problems before my replacements, but it is now that I'm having problems. I only found two people on here who had broken hips because of accidents, but neither of them had a replacement.
A lot of the time I am feeling discomfort when I have been sitting on our sofa. Although I am not sitting directly on it, having bought a firmer cushion specifically for replacements (as advertised). But I think that is still a tad too soft.
My physio lady is back on Friday and I think she will be disappointed with my lack of progress since last week. Though I am not worried about her disappointment, more for my own disappointment. I absolutely know that everyone is different and we mustn't compare ourselves to others, but it is hard not to...…..
Sorry for such a 'down' post. I am trying to be positive, honest.