TKR Fire wolf recovery<

I basically just ignore all the crunching and occasional clunks, primarily because it doesn't hurt and there's nothing I can do about it. I *think* more crunching is related to less swelling, but I can't remember everything Gary Glitter says. Frankly, I'm much more concerned about all the crunching in my natural knee.....ugh! And hey, those are kind of ouchy; pffft!
 
My RIghty went through a click and clunk period, but is almost always silent now. Lefty still makes noises, usually when walking and more often when the swelling is worse, like the day after a lot of standing and walking. I've learned to ignore him. If he's in real trouble, he'll find a way to scream. Grumbling is just him acting out.
 
ah, yes, unexplained swelling. :shrug:The updated knee swells up just about every evening. :scratch:Sometimes the ankle joins in.
The ankle swelling, doc said, was due to poor lymph drainage. I got tablets to help. They do sometimes...but mostly during the day. What I typed just gave me an idea. :thumb:I will try taking a diuretic tablet w evening meal next few days and see what happens.
 
Fire wolf, in the time I've been lurking on this site I have to admire your ability to maintain your sense of humor through this recovery. And, I have never considered naming my new knee, as you and others have, as my knee and I are not yet on friendly enough terms!
 
Not concerned about the crunchies or clunks, or other noises, as I just assume that Spence is settling in, perhaps hanging some pictures up, which can be noisy when hammering in nails. Perhaps he has aspirations of making a cameo appearance in a Rice Krispies commercial? Who am I to judge!:heehee: It good to have goals and dreams. @Thesoutherncook I don't remember where I posted it, but I did make a remark somewhere about the fact that Spence was a he, so that brings in a whole other set of issues... male bravado, the need to show off, etc! :groan:@Jockette, I hope that you were able to glean some helpful information from my thread, as well as a few chuckles. I would be institutionalized by now if I couldn't find a lighter side! :rotfl: I never said that Spence and I are on friendly terms, it just helps to have a name to complain, gripe, and yell at! :whistle: Hopefully I can find some time this week to give an overall update, as Friday will mark my 4 month kneeversary. Keeping fingers crossed! :fingersx:
 
Last edited:
Well, not sure if this counts as any major accomplishment, but we dipped again into the new adventures of Bionic Spence today. :bolt: Yes, lately he has been all about trying new things without giving me advanced notice. After it's done, I always take a pause to contemplate what happened, what the :censored: he was thinking (if indeed he was thinking) and what potential repercussions it may have for me.:doh: So, today we managed the *porta potty squat*. :loll: When you gotta go, well, you gotta go. I wasn't at work yet & knew I wouldn't make it. I am in a somewhat rural area, but have learned where clean bathrooms, portable and otherwise, are located. So we stopped. As I am sure that you are aware, even though they are cleaned regularly (yes, I have seen it happen), there isn't enough disinfectant in the world to make me feel ok with sitting on one, even with gobs of toilet paper lining the seat! :bignono: Also, not much leg room, and very low seat! So I held onto the door handle and squatted to take care of business. :yes: My legs were shaky, but I managed, and Spence was no more aggravated by that than by anything else he has done thus far.:yes!: So while pain and swelling have been higher this week, no additional pain was added. Still trying to figure out how come Spence hurts as much as he does. :scratch: :chinstroke:
 
Wow, great job!!!

You did better than I did while visiting friends last month for the weekend. My rom has not yet recovered. Spence is a lot tougher than my new knee!
 
That escapade earns Bio Spence a big woo hoo! I shudder even to think of going in those things, new knee or not. Too many Steven King novels. And do you remember the first Jurassic Park? very brave, FW, very brave.
 
I was thinking the same thing...when the testosterone goes flying, there's usually very little thinking involved. He's probably been good for you...As long as he doesn't get you into too much trouble and then let you down!
 
I'm a fan of that move in ALL public restrooms
I am as well, but the cramped quarters of porta potty and lack of much of anything to hold onto makes it even more challenging and scary!:yikes:
The potty was located in a nice park that I have visited a number of times. It was good that I was on my way to work and not going home as I would have been extremely tempted to get the basketball from my trunk and shoot some hoops. I do miss that a great deal, and while I am no longer *allowed* to play competitively, I can still solo it at the playgrounds.:thumb: Well, once Spence is ready for that. :chinstroke: I think I might be ready before he is, but I have gone along with his adventures, so maybe he would go along with this. :bow: I really want a life! Yes, I know. Patience.:old:
 
Oh, no question the confined space of a Porta Potty and the lack of hand-holds make your feat so much more distinctive @Fire wolf! Given everything you've said about having a rough week with Spence, my guess is this is not the time to shoot a few hoops; pffft! But, I'm sure you will be very soon. :yes!:
 
@Polkadot, how are you doing with getting that law passed that tkr recovery means no other issues? Had a tooth bothering me, thought part of a filling came out or something.
Called dentist yesterday, she was able to see me today. Turns out that there was decay underneath a crown! So she had to cut that out and do a root canal. I thought at 1st she was going to send me to endodontist again for root canal, but apparently it was so bad she did it. Have to go back in a few weeks for temporary crown, then permanent one a few weeks after that. So it's high dose antibiotics for the next 10 days. And pain meds, as she said it will likely hurt like hell when novacaine wears off bc it was really bad. She needed to inject me twice with novacaine, and squirted a bunch into opening. And high have a high pain tolerance!
So I suspect that all of this festering mess probably had something to do with boo boo belly. I know that there is contradictory info out there, but I would feel better if I knew for certain that there is no possible way that Spence can get infected as a result. I would imagine that it has been festering for at least a few weeks.
 
Aghhh @Fire wolf it's one thing after another isn't it? I'm glad you got to the "root" of it all. I fear I may have to follow your path to the dentist as I have a suspicious ache as well. So unfair of our bodies to rebel in other places when we are trying to get over these knees!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom