Guest viewing is limited

TKR Finally!!! The second new knee!

Cindy, that's really too bad that you didn't hear from your doctor's office today. Here, you can get emergency meds from the pharmacy. I've never had to do it with pain meds but I've done it with my regular meds. It's happened when we've been on a trip, for instance, and I only brought enough meds for our planned trip and we decided to stay a bit longer. One time in town, something triggered my dormant asthma and I was able to get a puffer on the weekend, until I could see my doctor. Could you check with your local pharmacy and see if they can help you? They would have a record of your script.

I can't always explain what causes my sleepless nights - mostly, I think discomfort, no matter what position I'm in. I've made use of the time though - read, wound a skein or two onto balls, spent time on BS, whatever takes my mind off not being able to sleep. Hopefully, by the time this pops into your inbox - you'll be fast asleep.

Sounds like you have a nice day planned for tomorrow. Sweet dreams, @fiberlady.
 
@Threads unfortunately, hydrocodone (Norco or lortab) Has to be administered by a written script by the doctor and have two signatures on it, this is a new regulation since October.

I took a pain med and am waiting for it to kick in. I hope sleep comes. I will have to think about warping my loom and then maybe I will fall asleep try to figure how many ends I need per inch to do Rep weave mug rugs. I hate to try to do the math so that should put me to sleep

Looking forward to tomorrow
 
That's too bad. I've got some in the cupboard - my first full day off them and I've survived. I now am aware of the discomfort they were covering up. Wish I was closer but I guess that would be cross border something or other and I'd really be in trouble.

I've got a spreadsheet, that I got from a weaving forum I was on years ago, that I use to figure out how much warp and weft I need for a project but unfortunately you need to know your epi for it to work. If you want a copy (I'm terrible at anything to do with the simplest math) PM me with your email address and I can email it to you for future use. Good luck with your challenge tonight, and I hope it wears you out enough to sleep.
 
Well, the day did not turn out the way I wanted it to. Hubby got called into work so we did not get to do our outing, hopefully tomorrow we will be able to get out for a little bit.

I am getting a bit down in the dumps could be that I have been in the house for the last 25 days only to go out 3 times in those 25 days. I think I need a change of scenery.

I am trying my best to hold on today without taking any of the heavy duty meds. Been taking the tylenol and ibuprofen, it hasn't been too bad, hopefully it will continue this way. I just cannot believe how stiff it feels. Monday will be four weeks and my first outpatient therapy. Kind of looking forward to it. I hope that I can shake this down feeling.
 
I just cannot believe how stiff it feels.
Stiffness is a form of pain, you may need stronger meds if the tylenol and ibuprofen are not enough.
You do not need to rush off of your pain meds if you still have pain.

Hope you can start getting out of the house more often, cabin fever is hard when you cannot get out of the house. It is also a good sign that you are healing. I hope you and DH can get out tomorrow.
 
@Pumpkln I would take the pain meds but I only have a few left and I have not heard back from my doctors office yet regarding the script. I will call again on Monday to see what is happening. They now require two signatures and a hand written script, they cannot call into the pharmacy, new stricter regulations as of October of last year. I just took one hoping that it would help with the pain during the night so I can sleep.

By hook or crook I am getting out of this house tomorrow. I need some fresh air.
 
The two signatures must be a requirement in your state, we only need one signature on the handwritten script.
Sorry you only have a few left, hope you can get through on Monday.
Enjoy your outing tomorrow.
:hog:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Finally!!! The second new knee!
Doing a happy dance here (well as much of one someone with a new knee can do) :dancy::happydance::egypdance:

We went out to Belle Isle that has a great conservatory, it was so nice, I love going there, seeing all the beautiful plants and flowers is a good way to lift the spirits and it definitely did just that today.

The pain is very minimal and I feel like this is going to be a good day all the way around. I was able to sleep for a little bit on one side last night, got up with minimal stiffness this morning, felt like I had woke up to a brand new knee on the way to being great. Got a nice walk inside and out, it was bitter cold outside but felt good to get fresh air. The conservatory is not to large and has benches so I could walk, sit, and walk a bit more.
 
Four weeks post op today. Had my first day of out patient therapy, I could not be happier. They have the bone smart mantra, the facility is rather nice, fairly new, not to far of a drive and they were very encouraging. Made sure I was going to go home take a pain med and elevate and ice. They told me that to just do my exercises on my off days of therapy just once a day. Showed me different ones to do that would cause less pain but do the same job. I am down for twice a week for seven weeks.

I had a most horrible night last night with pain. It is the recurring pain that is on the inner side of the knee feels like nerve endings poking at a muscle, ice and pain meds don't seem to take care of it. It just has to settle down. PT thinks it is because my leg falls to the outside and I don't hold my leg straight. I need to work on that.

My script for pain meds have come in and hubby will pick up for me. Thank goodness.

The sun is out today and I am thankful.
 
PT had me do a leg lift laying on my side, figuring I would be able to lift my leg with little or no pain, it was better, but now my hip is hurting really bad tonight. Thank goodness I now have pain meds.
 
What a night, very uncomfortable, even with pain meds. Will have to discuss with PT about the exercise she has me doing, my hip was not happy at all. I was really hoping with this new knee that the hip would quiet down for a while and I could hold off surgery to have it replaced. Got up this morning and iced my knee for a while it was swollen and very stiff.

This knee is definitely different than the last one, at 4 weeks I was going to out patient therapy and moving around much better than I am now. My energy level is also very low this time. I am thinking it is due to the winter weather and our lack of sunshine. It could be worse I guess.
 
At least now with the pain meds things seem to be a little better, iced, did some exercises and took pain meds, was able to actually concentrate on a few things. I really feel that with the pain even if it was not real severe plays a toll on your concentration and just how you feel in general. Now that I am back on the pain meds I am actually feeling better. We will see how I feel when I get back from PT tomorrow morning, an 8:00 AM appointment. Ouch! I am not used to having to move so early in the morning.
 
Will have to discuss with PT about the exercise she has me doing, my hip was not happy at all. I was really hoping with this new knee that the hip would quiet down for a while and I could hold off surgery to have it replaced. Got up this morning and iced my knee for a while it was swollen and very stiff.
Don't do that exercise. It's probably not necessary anyway. You have to look after your hip too.
 
@fiberlady - once again the alerts haven't worked. I've just read your reports of the last few days. Sorry you've had such a time of it but pleased that you are happy with your PT. Thank goodness you got your meds sorted out, but not soon enough so you didn't have to suffer. I know you've had a productive day - hang in there! I hope you can get some answers about Your excercises tomorrow.
 
@Celle , nope I won't do them, that pain yesterday when I came home was intense and then last night I could feel that hip moving (it is kind of hard to explain, at times it feels like it is popping out) so nope that exercise is not for me. Will let her know tomorrow.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I could have done that one at around a month either.
 
Wow! I cannot believe how I lucked out to have gotten a great at home PT and now the outpatient PT is wonderful, we talked about their philosophy today and they are on board with the bonesmart mantra. I told them about the exercise that made my hip hurt and they told me not to do it, they gave me an alternative and said try this and if it hurts the hip stop doing it. They gave me great stretch exercises and did things that my last PT never did. I left there with a good feeling. They even said make certain you take your pain meds. I must be dreaming.

Of course right now I could take a little nap, I have to be at therapy at 8:00 AM, ouch, that is early for someone that has decided that retirement is the best job ever. I am very pleased and am hopeful that my knee and leg will start responding in no time at all.
 
@fiberlady - that's the best news! I'm so glad that you have found someone to work with happily and confidently.

I agree about the 8:00 am - I'm not a morning person, in anyway, shape or form but that's the time I'm climbing into the pool.

Hope you are enjoying the rest of your day.
 
This afternoon I had a visit from a friend it was a good visit, really enjoyed the afternoon, I decided to do a few more stretches after she left and could not believe how my knee already feels less tight than it did this morning. I really feel that I am finally on the road to recovery.:egypdance::yes!:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom