Guest viewing is limited

TKR Finally!!! The second new knee!

Great report from your OS and I'm glad to hear that you're going to go ahead with the new hip. I don't doubt for one minute that a fair amount of your problems with your knee healing properly have been due to the gate you still walk with the bad hip! I knew there was a reason I don't have cats ;-) other than the fact that I'm highly allergic to them! Sorry to hear about the bite but you've got lots of time to get that to heal up nicely.

I've got an interesting towel warp that I painted last week. The "blue" separated out in the warp and weft to give me muted purple and turquoise. It will be interesting to see how it weaves up. Good for you having a stash of painted warps to put on the Jane. My Woolhouse table loom is on a stand and I have a bench as well. I finally wove off the 3rd of the Foxfibre scarves and have one left to go. I haven't been doing a lot of weaving because we've had such an unusually hot and dry summer here. It kind of saps your energy.

Just think - 2016 will be your year! You'll be a whole new person and nothing will stop you doing what you want!!
 
Tomorrow I reach my 8 month mark , with that and my latest visit from my OS I really feel like this is the final turning point. I have been able to stand for longer amounts of time, walk a little further and have less pain. If I am diligent about doing the leg stretches every day things do feel better. Occasionally I have pain on the left side just below the knee where it still feels a bit numb, but it is nothing I can't just shrug off. I finally can get up in the morning and not have that pain when I step down. This knee took a lot longer to feel good, and I was not the most patient person but at least now I do see some light at the end of the tunnel. Having it so much easier with the first knee did not help me be patient with this recovery.

I know that by this time next year I will be doing all those things I have not been able to do for the last 10 years. Something to look forward to.
 
I spent yesterday helping my sister with her granddaughters graduation party, setting up, cleaning up and socializing with relatives and walking a very long distance to the bathrooms. Then today I cut up vegetables and made soup, my knee did not complain one bit. The rest of the body was upset but my knees were happy. All I can say is this surgery is not easy by any means but it is so worth it in the long run. I would not have been able to do this three years ago. :loveshwr:
 
I haven't been receiving Alerts @fiberlady! Great report - it's amazing what we can do now that we weren't able to do a few years ago. The Maiwa Textile Symposium has started in Vancouver this week. I went to my first lecture - as a volunteer! Last year I carried a stool to sit on in line waiting for the "doors" to open, and couldn't even think of assisting in the set up of chairs, walking the line selling raffle tickets, helping carry heavy tables, etc. It was amazing and I felt so normal again. I'm taking a 5 day workshop starting on Wednesday on journaling. I'm really looking forward to it.
 
Yesterday was nine months since I had my left knee replaced. The progress has been slow, but it is improving and I am certain once I get my left hip replaced things will be better. The bend in this knee is great, walking up and down stairs is a breeze now. I still have numbness but it doesn't concern me, I don't even remember when the numbness went away on the other knee. I suspect it will eventually get better. I have been doing all the things I want to do now, except for things that make my hip hurt. It is a good feeling to know that you can get up out of a chair without pain.
 
Wonderful report, Cindy. It's about time that things started to fall into place for you! You are going to be unstoppable once you get your hip done! I still have the numbness on the outside of both knees. It's slowly getting better but I know it takes time and patience ;-)
 
Well today marks 10 months for my Left Knee Replacement. I am now flipping back and forth from the hip side to the knee side. I am due for LHR on the 23rd of November and have had a back ache for almost a month now and today was an almost pain free day, now my knee hurts a little but I guess that could be from the way I have been walking for the last few weeks to accommodate my back and my hip. Other than that I have great bend and am very happy with my new knee. I didn't think I would ever get to this point, but I am finally there. Still some numbness but I can live with that.
 
It's good to hear from you again @fiberlady !
I'm sorry to hear about your hip, but I'm glad your knee is doing well.

Best wishes!
 
Well, one learns the hard way. I have been in the tidying mode, trying to get ready for my hip surgery on the 23rd. Was using my legs to move some furniture. Now my knee is screaming at me. I am sure it is just some sore tissue going what do you think you are doing. I should know better. Not sure I will ever learn. So here I am sitting and resting and elevating that knee today. I must rest up as I am headed out tomorrow for a girls weekend away. Three of us have been getting together for years. We get together when the one gals husband goes hunting and we bring projects to work on, go to a local craft shop and resale shop, sit and chat knit, sew, spin. This year we have extended it to four days instead of two. I am looking forward to a restful time with friends. Hope my knee feels better by then.
 
I am looking forward to a restful time
Sounds wonderful, your knee with thank you for giving it a break.
Your hip can refer pain to your knee, this might be what is happening. In any case, relax and have a great time.
 
I thought I would give my one year report a little early. It will be one year on the 29th of December. This knee was not the most cooperative, it had its ups and downs and finally I have to say it is wonderful to have two knees that are pain free.

I just recently had my hip replaced and when PT was out today I realized that my knees were pain free. What an awesome feeling. I cannot be happier, my hip is in its early stages of recovery, but my knees are doing great. :yes!::egypdance::ok:
 
I'm glad to hear your knee is doing so well.

I'll take a wander over to the Hip Recovery forum and read about your hip.
Best wishes.
 
Thank you for the inspiration! Your story definitely proves that every knee recovers on its own schedule, not ours.

Jealous of the girls weekend you described in November and I hope it was lovely.
 
@New England Librarian I learned a valuable lesson with my knees. They will progress at their own rate and eventually they will feel normal.

My weekend was superb. We laughed and did our project of a quilted jacket. We had splendid weather for mid November and it was perfect to have some special time before I went for hip replacement. I truly appreciate my friend for having us every year.
 
Great one year report, finally both knees are happy and you are really on the way to a new life!!! The hip will catch up with the rest of you - just be as patient with it as you tried to be with your left knee :flwrysmile:
 
Haven't been to the knee side in awhile, it has been 13 months for my knee. Had my hip done 10 weeks ago. My knee is feeling poorly. I seem to have a lot of weird numbness above and below the knee. Did do some walking today, but I have not had this strange feeling before. Plus it even feels stiffer than usual. Go to the OS on Tuesday so will have to see what he says.

I do need to break out the new shoes and see if that helps. At least I can tell that everything seems better than it did 13 months ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom