TKR Finally!!! The second new knee!

It's getting better Legin. Just weird stuff happen at beginning. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Grand lasss see you will get there

Legin THR Sep 14
 
[Bonesmart.org] Finally!!! The second new knee!

Please can we keep this thread for fiberlady's knee recovery?
 
Thanks @Celle - I was in the process of responding to her on her own thread while you posted your comment. It was being taken care of.
 
Giggling here, a lot of chatter going on while I was sleeping and visiting. It is hard when you either can't sleep or feel you are sleeping way too much. I just feel so blessed that I am able to control the pain. I can't really tell if the swelling is coming down or not, but I ice with a polar pack and find that this contraption is the best thing since sliced bread.

One thing that I have noticed that is different from the right knee is the bruising, I have very little bruising compared to last time, the doctor did say he did not have to cut the muscles this time. Most of my stiffness and pain comes from the top of the knee if I try to lift my leg that hurts like the dickens.

It was nice to have company today, sat with my leg elevated and iced while everyone was here. I feel pretty darn good tonight.

I have been able to download a few movies so I am set for the week to watch movies and hopefully to pull out my knitting and be able to concentrate.

Sitting here watching it snow, it looks so pretty and I am so glad I just have to be on the inside looking out.
 
Thanks @Celle - I was in the process of responding to her on her own thread while you posted your comment. It was being taken care of.
Thank you for replying to Angel on her own thread! Way to go! :thumb:
 
Had a new Pt today, she will be the one I see for the next two weeks. Right off she said don't do anything if it causes pain. If you are sitting you should be icing and elevating. She had me do a lot of chair exercises and they were not too bad. Iced and elevated after she left and spent some time on the CPM it was a pretty good one week anniversary of my new knee. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay this way.
 
Way to go! Sounds like you've got the perfect PT! With your past experience, you could give her a lesson or two but it sounds like she doesn't need it. I can't get over how well you are doing.

I've been meaning to ask you, is your main wheel a single or double treadle? Mine is an original Louet S90, made in the single treadle days.
 
@fiberlady glad to hear you are doing well and have the right PT. Hope your recovery is smooth and eventful.
Best wishes
 
Glad to hear your progressing so well. I'm jelious;-) I hope all continues el improve.
 
PT was here again today and she is just so awesome, I wish she could stay being my PT. When I got tired she made me rest and waited for me to get ready again. The knee is feeling great and every day I pray this will continue. I have to admit that when she left I elevated iced and napped.

It does feel good though not to sleep all the time, at least now, I can make it through dinner without falling asleep and I can actually do some reading and some knitting.

Tomorrow is the day to get the staples out. I am ready for this. Already I am getting excited about having a pain free knee this summer. I can go for walks and pull weeds. The little things that make us happy.

@Threads all of my wheels are double treadle except of course for the e-spinner. The PT thought it was a great idea to spin I showed her what I was doing. I am getting anxious to start tying a warp to the dummy warp I have on the loom. But I am going to wait another week before starting that. I am knitting a hat right now, I never seem to get the sizing right so I hope this turns out.
 
Is there some way you can keep that PT??? You two seem like a good fit. Good luck with the staple removing tomorrow. It will be good to get them out!

I haven't wanted to spin yet because of the single treadle. I guess I can put both feet on it but I've spun for more years than I'd like to admit on a single, and old habits die hard. I've looked at the Hansen mini- spinner but they are a bit expensive given the exchange rate on the CDN$. Oops, just got distracted by popping over to their site. Good luck with the hat - I have the same problem.
 
Great report fiberlady your happy nood shines through your words. Yup stapleless is.grand I'm a hippie and a fair amount went ching into bowl almost didn't feel a thing. Hmmmmmm but then that would require a higher level of brain function. Happy staple removing toodles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Getting staples out is never much fun and of course why would this one be any different. 34 staples this time last knee it was only 27ish. Some were ready to come out and some were starting to get imbedded. Ouch. But they are gone and steri-strips are in their place. No physical therapy today but I can certainly feel the change in the knee from just a few days ago. I get to keep my PT person for two more weeks and then being sent to oupatient. I can live with that.

Not certain how next week will play out, I do feel like I am doing really well, but next week our granddaughter is coming to stay with us for a few days. She is 2 1/2 and is a most agreeable child thank goodness, put I do feel I will be very tired. My sister is coming to help out during the day and then my hubby will be home during the evening. I will just have to get her to do the exercises with me. That might be a good thing. Time to head to the CPM machine.

@Threads Happy Distaff Day
 
@Threads I had no idea that the e-spinners had gone up so much in price. Yikes. I got mine over 15 years ago and it was no where what they are now. I guess it is just like my Suzie Majacraft, love that wheel, bought it when it first came out and wow I couldn't even touch that wheel now. Happy spinning!
 
Hi @fiberlady Congratulations on having your surgery all finished nice to have that out of the way. It is so nice to hear you are doing so well and so nice to have your surgery all done. Take your time understand the feelling wanting to do something same with me but trying to get the most out of the time to rest . Good things are better then last surgery and wishing you all the best for a nice calm recovery. Holly
 
Yeah, Cindy - staples gone, one more step along the way! I understand now about your PT, I won't be getting the same ones I had as an in-patient when I start my out-patient PT. I'm sure your little granddaughter will understand she has to be gentle with your knee. However, will you be able to resist the temptation of playing with her when she asks you to or do the myriad of things a 2 1/2 yr. old can think of? It will be a special time for all of you and how nice to have your sister lending you a hand during the day.

Happy Distaff Day back at you @fiberlady! I just wrote my 8 week post on my thread and there was no way that spinning could fit into my day today. The Hansen's e-spinners are over $1,000 and extra bobbins are $40.00. Take all that and put it in CDN$ and ouch! I don't imagine that they often come up second hand :-( My LouetS90 was very expensive in it's day and I was incredibly lucky because I found mine sitting with used equipment at a fibre show. One look at her told me that whoever owned her had hardly used her at all and I was really lucky to get her at 1/2 price. I don't spin as often as I'd like but I still love that wheel!
 
A tad of pain today, I have been so lucky to be with out pain and feeling great, so today was a downer for me, but I took a pain pill, icing and just sitting back today. I know that the exercises are supposed to be done everyday and I do try, however, I think today less is more. Maybe yesterday was a bit much.
 
Back
Top Bottom