TKR Finally!!! The second new knee!

Yaaaaay there's no place like home. Yup start of journey take.heed of pain.as.it is a humongous stop sign. And fine for not stopping well OW OW OW OW errrr not.from.me. ooooiooops

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Glad you're home and in your nest. :snows:
 
Was very good to be home, so far so good. PT and Nurse came today. Can't seem to stay awake, I hope this passes pretty soon. Everyone will be back on Monday and then it will start the routine.

A good way to start 2015 with a shinny new knee.
:catbutterfly:
 
@fiberlady - then sleep!! You've got a lot of healing to do. I'm gathering that your pain is under control, rest and take care of your shiny new knee.
 
Good luck. Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum ❤️SonnysWife
 
@Threads this one does seem like it has a lot more healing to do. Woke up tonight with some pain and realized I was an hour past the time to take the pain meds. Took some and then sat up reading and dozing for awhile, seems to be okay. I really hope this is the way it is going to be. Sure will make recovery better. Hubby has to do some work errands tomorrow so I will be by myself for a few hours, hope to be able to watch a movie.
 
Best way this.early on.take.naps when.they creep up on you zzzzzzz oooops

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@fiberlady - amazing that you slept through the time for your pain meds. Doug is being very digilent on keeping track of when it's time for mine. If he's out a he'll phone me to remind me. He got it going on his iPhone when I came home from rehab and had some very dosey days. We use an app called Dosecast (and it will send you a reminder when it's time). There are other apps as well. Might be an idea for you so you don't slip into the pain zone and have trouble catching up.

Enjoy your movie, even if you doze off before the end - you can always "rewind", or what do you call it now that it's all digital???

Take care. :console2:
 
Spent the last few days trying to stay awake long enough to do something anything. The pain meds make me very sleepy, but the pain is under control, @Threads checking out that app it will be good to help me with reminders. Hubby can barely answer emails he is not the computer savvy one in the family and has no interest in learning. Going to have visitors tomorrow, that will be nice, attempted to spin on my spinning wheel a little today, could only do it for about 10 minutes before it became uncomfortable.

Starting to acquire a nice yellowish bruise around the knee. Been using the CPM machine 3 times a day and doing my exercises. Just hoping everything continues this way. Looking forward to getting the staples out on Thursday.
 
Hey take all the sleep you can. Its then.your body heals the most. Believe me many will be v v v jealous. Takecare and sleeeep

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sounds like you are doing really well! I never used a CPM machine but then I was in rehab pretty quickly doing other ways of moving my knees. Do you use ice with your machine? Take it easy on your wheel - I know it seems like a good exercise but you're in the habit of letting your spinning rhythm determine the yarn you produce and you are probably fighting habit when you sit at your wheel.

I'm really impressed with how well you are doing - just don't overdo it. You are only 5 days out!!!

Enjoy your company tomorrow - knit while you visit :).
 
Wish I could say I have trouble sleeping all three surgeries I have slept like a log, last knee, I slept so good I was actually worried there was something wrong. @Threads tzking the spinning easy, actually have some stuff I thought would be fun to spin up thick, haven't been able to do that like forever. I might try using the drop spindle for finer yarns. Wish I could knit, I fall asleep before I get to the end of a row, thinking I might do something really easy to knit where I don't have to figure out where I am.

I am in the CPM for an hour, I get a nap while I am doing that, I get up and walk around, then ice with the polar pack for about a half hour, then sit and try to do something, walk around the house, do some exercises, ice again, walk around again, sleep a little while icing, try to read wake up and ice again, have some lunch, back on the CPM machine and start over. The last knee replacement I forced myself awake because I was working from home, this time I can relax.
 
Actually, I thought of who is giving who advice! Two Fridays ago I went into a local yarn shop to get some yarn for a mindless project. I found a pattern on Ravelry that I liked but the yarn still sits in skeins and I obviously haven't even gotten to the point where I can cast on a stitch! So, don't listen to me!! We did take down Christmas today, that's something, I guess. I'm moving at a snail's pace still.

It sounds like you have a well oiled routine going at home, good for you. You'll be out and about in no time!
 
@Threads I took down Christmas before I went in for surgery, figured that it would make things easier, you never know hoe you are going to react. I have gotten to that point that I feel bored. Oh no. I said I would never say that word. I just want to do something, even if it is knitting so I have something to do instead of sleeping. I think a simple all knit scarf out of fancy yarn might do the trick. I can't wait till they tell me I can ditch the walker. Wish the weather was nicer I would go outside and get some fresh air
 
Hi @fiberlady I've just read your recovery thread - you are doing so well. Give into the sleep your body needs it. I know you are told this by all on this forum but please hasten slowly. Like you I have taken @Threads little tip about a phone ap meds reminder - I down loaded 2 - the one she uses + another and will have a look at both.

Look after YOU - keep posting - cheers Maggie x
 
@fiberlady - I know, it's not like us to be bored, is it :heehee: I'm sure you've got plenty of UFOs around the house, I do but right now I don't fancy those. I want to use some fresh yarn on a new project - it will probably end up a UFO at some point! This is the pattern I think I'll try once I manage to wind the skeins into balls. https://feministy.com/patterns/yvaine/

Smart of you to get Christmas put away before your surgery. Enjoy your company tomorrow- maybe the distraction is what you need. Tomorrow I will be painting a tiny toy fish (with Shiva crayons) whose journey will eventually end in Japan, where it started. These little fish will be auctioned off to raise money for a community still trying to recover from the results of the tsunami.
 
@fiberlady - I know, it's not like us to be bored, is it :heehee: I'm sure you've got plenty of UFOs around the house, I do but right now I don't fancy those. I want to use some fresh yarn on a new project - it will probably end up a UFO at some point! This is the pattern I think I'll try once I manage to wind the skeins into balls. https://feministy.com/patterns/yvaine/

Smart of you to get Christmas put away before your surgery. Enjoy your company tomorrow- maybe the distraction is what you need. Tomorrow I will be painting a tiny toy fish (with Shiva crayons) whose journey will eventually end in Japan, where it started. These little fish will be auctioned off to raise money for a community still trying to recover from the results of the tsunami.
I know I don't know u all. Or have not talk to u all. Just insomnia. Looking to chat. Xxx hope all have great recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
@Angel1978 - I'm sure fiberlady has signed off for the night and I'm about to here on the west coast. Is your insomnia from pain or you just can't settle to sleep? Do you have a book you could read to distract you? I've been known to do a quiet bit of house cleaning in the middle of the night when my knees aren't happy :)
 
Well my insomnia is being bored and pain. It's a mess. My bro and mom hub is I'll. so my mind race. I can't do no house Clean leg hurts a lot. I just set. Think depression getting to me. Side I can't do a lot. Read you recovery thread. Thanks. Similar. My knee is never happy. It was mad at me yesterday for going in car. But I had to help. My mom and bro is sick and no one would help her. She is my world. Xxx my mind races can't read books. Start them I think of life and gets me off track. :bored: Lol this is me uh what to do. Uh how can I fix it. xxx
 
your condition.will improve and.then other things will fall into place

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom