Guest viewing is limited

THR Finally life on the road to be mine<

Hi Folks,

Again nothing new to say. Progress is moving along. Hoping to come off the remaining crutch this week. My gait is still off, my hip muscles are improving but it's a slow path. Went for a walk today and glutes and hamstring muscles felt weak when walking without he crutch. More so than other days. So I came home and iced it. Hard to believe it is 2 months since the operation.
Still doing my daily walk and may do another in the evening if I'm up to it. Just need my gait to come right, that is a slow progress.
 
Congrats, on your 2 month anniversary, Bull! It sounds like you’re doing great by your distance walking. I can only hope to go so far at your rate but, hope is all we have at the end of the day!

Peace
 
Seems slow to you:heehee:but I think right in track for two months out.
Patience my friend...it is going to come.
I also think you are doing just fine!
Hope you have a good week.:SUNsmile:
 
In mentioning your gait is off, if you mean you're limping...
Try heel-toe walking when / if you're limping. Let your heel hit the ground first followed by toes.
It takes a concentrated effort but I believe you'll notice a difference. Give it a try.
Hope you have a great week!
@Bull76!
 
My hip was swollen the last 2 days so iced and rest and nothing else done. Will walk on it today and see how it goes. I'll try the heel toe walking and see. I don't have an obivious limp, but feel my thigh, hamstring and glute muscle lacking as I'm walking. by lacking it feels weak and not overly engaged. But trying to build up my muscles but slowly, guessing that is why my hip reacted and was swollen.
 
Sorry it wants to act up..as we get more mobile things begin to complain. Might try shorter walks more often instead of longer walks.
Some trial and error is often necessary to find those lines between enough but not too much.
Hope you have a good week.
 
Following all this with great interest as around two weeks behind you. Very information about the crutches going from 2 to 1 then none. This makes more sense to me as I know of others who were off crutches after 6 weeks! One thing I do notice is that when practising very slowly without crutches around the house my gait is getting much better so I think the OS advice he gave you was spot on. My progress is similar to your but I take smaller walks :)

Best of luck with your continued recovery .
 
Have iced my hip for the last two days and swelling is gone today. Still used the ice, might continue to ice regardless. Went for a small stroll out with the crutch and without on the way back. Was okay, but not 100%. Will do a shorter walk tomorrow than I usually do to see how it fairs.
Was advised end of this week to come off the crutch altogether, but I'll see. That would be the 10 week mark. Feeling okay other than that. Walking around the house without the crutch. But bring it with me when outdoors.
 
Sounds like you're coming along.
At only two months out, don't give up on ice yet.
Let us know how you do without the crutch when you give it up.
A great rest of the week to you!
@Bull76!
 
Hi folks,

Have been getting around without the crutches, feels good. Drove down to my dad at the weekend and he committed on the fact I didn't have a limp. An hour drive both ways and lots of sitting down. Was a little stiff but all manageable. Been doing my walks each day and hip exercise, only one. Again each day brings improvement. Hope everyone is doing well and continue with good recovery.
 
Wonderful update @Bull76!

No limp...that's great!
The long drives...in my case more than half hour..were uncomfortable for many months but my bucket seats in my car didn't help.
Better and better...
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the update. You're doing well!
I'm amazed you handled the drive. Sitting in the car that long, comfortably, took me a couple months
Glad to read each day brings improvement. Keep it up and stay in touch.
@Bull76!
 
Hi folks,

Been awhile, just touching base. Hip was swollen Friday, iced it over the weekend and rested. Thigh muscle feels a little off. Have it iced at the moment. Not sure why it is swelling, but makes getting around difficult. Don't want to take anti inflammatories, but if I have too, I will.
 
Thanks for stopping by and updating.
I'm sorry you're struggling with some swelling and pain.
Any new exercises or activity?
Keep icing and take the anti inflammatories if you need to so you're able to stay mobile.
Hope you feel better soon!
@Bull76!
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Wondering how you're doing since you last posted? Leave us an update when you have time,
Wishing you the best as you continue healing.:)
@Bull76!
 
Morning all,
All going well. Officially went back to work, even though I was working remotely after week 4. The scar is impeding some movement, went to a very good Physio. She done her tests to see what muscles were weak. Ended up putting kinesio tape on my scar. It helped. I told her if I grab around the scar it helps, so by taping it, keeps it under pressure. Getting in my daily walks, exercise. Range of motion slowly coming back, breaking the 90 degrees daily.
No pain and I look younger so I'm told. Don't have the same stress on my face as the pain was causing me. So all is extremely well.
 
All sounds great. Are you taking a stick or crutch as backup or are you walking completely unaided now?
 
Great update! Sounds like your recovery is progressing nicely.

THR...the new facelift. Sign me up if two works better than one!
You'll have to catch me first :bolt:
Glad to hear you're looking younger at the ripe old age of 42.

Hope your weekend is all you want it to be!
@Bull76!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
Back
Top Bottom