THR Finally life on the road to be mine<

She's off to the doc to find out what she has, doesn't think it is now shingles, but let's wait and see. No real news on my part. Been following consultants orders. Little and not so very often. Noticed the popping, springing sensation has stopped in my hip. Doing my exercises, little walking around. The swelling does be down in the morning and up in the evening. Just the way it goes, the brusing is changing colours too. So all going in the right direction. I've found the leg swing to the side a good exercise for stability, doing it on my good side so as to help stabilise in weaker side but having it work a bit work. Don't do to much on it but enough over the day.

Also, just getting familiar my the appreciation options for each post. Thought as they were blanked out I was missing something. Apologies for the slow recognition.

Last edited:
Gracious, I hate that your partner is having some problems.
You are probably like...so sorry honey, but don't give it to me!:heehee:

You sound splendid for one week out and the slow go is definitely the approach.
Lots of healing going on.
Hope today is a Good Day!

Gracious, I hate that your partner is having some problems.
You are probably like...so sorry honey, but don't give it to me!:heehee:

You sound splendid for one week out and the slow go is definitely the approach.
Lots of healing going on.

Oh so true. It's okay you don't need to visit me and give me an infection. She is the best and I really appreciate her in my life. She knows me to well at this stage. Morning routine started so just need some ice packs. Start that shortly.

Morning folks,

Been a quite few days. Had my dressing assessed yesterday and my incision is healing nicely. No staples, just stri-strips. Doesn't look to bad, just another scar to go with the many others on me. Leg muscles getting stronger, nearly forgetting I had major surgery 11 days ago. Brusing is nearly gone but the swelling has stabilised. Only so much surfing one can do. Good to come on here and see how ever one is doing.

Sounds like your off to a beautiful start.:tada:
Hope your dear partner's issues are also improving.
This is the hurry up and wait part.
Wishing you a peaceful healing weekend!

So the weekend was a quite one, no running around. In fact I had a nap on Sunday for the first time. Was completly wrecked. Wound was a little itchy, but nothing much. Gf made dinner and trifle which was nice and very enjoyable. Went for a stroll with her for about 10 mins. Have been sitting a lot which I haven't been able to do before. Kinda nice to feel normal again. Gf says I don't have that look of pain on my face anymore, considering the last 2 yrs of having it. So that's good.

Glad to hear you are beginning to feel some better.
These first weeks are not the most fun, but lots of healing going on and I think you are doing things the right way.
That energy drain will surely take it out of you.

Morning folks, nothing new to report. Just awake at the crack of dawn. Been that way for the last week or so. Try to go back to sleep but once awake that's me. Little power naps in the afternoon this week, 30 to 60 mins at a go. Weird how it is just this week that happened. Always tempted to do more but know I shouldn't. Have tried moving around bedroom with 1 crutch just to see, only take 3 or 4 steps then back to 2 crutches. Exercises are getting easier with each day. Swelling is gone, bruising is nearly gone. Slight tenderness in the thigh muscle, but it is just muscle. It gets less with each day too. Been out for a few small walks, go around my estate, good to get out, 800m or so round trip. It is nearing 3 weeks so progress is good I believe.

I think you are doing great @Bull76!
My sleeping was much the same...those power naps are certainly needed.
Hope today is a Good Day!:ice:

Pretty much the same, went for a stroll and had a power nap after dinner. The walking is the only thing different this week so it is the cause of the sleep. I don't mind to much. That's the body healing itself. Elevate, ice and rest in between exercises and my stroll.
Roll on week 3, time is flying.

Doing it all the right way...you'll be glad for the slow time.
I attribute my tremendous recovery to giving the proper time for healing!
Let the rest hurry things up.
I just wanted it RIGHT!

Hi @Bull76!
You're doing great! Recovery does move quickly once in the midst of it.
Sounds like you have the drill down. Exercise, ice, rest. Taking it slow will pay off in a big way.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sounds like you are doing well with your recovery. I remember there was at least a week where I was like a baby that didn't know the difference between night and day, and slept all day long, but was awake a lot at night. I tried not napping so I would sleep at night, but it didn't work. Once my body decides it wants to sleep, I'm done for, there is no way of staying awake. I think it's probably a protection for me to be like that. It has helped me get the rest when I need it for sure. Keep up the good work! Maybe next week you'll start to feel a little more alive. :)

Morning all, just gone 3 weeks post op. All good touch wood. Been out walking and doing my exercises, all on crutches. Just a waiting game. Boredom is real interesting, but I'm on the road to recovery so I'm glad.

Cabin fever:umm:and having to be patient!:groan:
I DO remember.
All well worth the patience, Bull.
Hope your day is a good day!:SUNsmile:

Hi folks,
Not much new to add, doing the same old same old. Pushed my luck during the week and went further than I should have and I was wrecked after the walk. But I'm doing still getting out and doing my walks, all on crutches. Have my follow up OS appointment for the 23rd of Aug. That'll be just over 6 weeks then. Still have some bruising in my lower leg and calf muscle, slight pressure around my knee but it's easing off. power naps have eased off, only had 2 twenty min naps during the week.

Bull. :)wink:I mean your name, I believe you)
Sorry you overdid it...seems like most of us do especially when the incision looks better and we get bored of the rest and icing.
Have to find our boundaries...I've done the same at about this time.
Take it extra easy this weekend and I'm guessing you'll get back on track very soon.:ice:

Congrats on your surgery your progress sounds like you are doing well. I had RTHR on 7/30 and doing pretty good as well. I feel better each day. I did have what I thought was a light PT session yesterday but this morning my calf muscles are hurting a lot and that is a first. I know she added a few new stretches and I think we might have overdone it a bit. I am finding it does not take a lot to get things hurting. I do try to ice and elevate often. Take it easy and we will al get there it just takes time. I hear you on the getting boded aspect. Its tough to be at home and not be able to do anything much.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Duffyboy
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom