Guest viewing is limited

THR Finally life on the road to be mine<

:scratch: wonder what they suspect if not hip?
Well good for X-rays...
Hope the swelled hip doesn't act like a car that you take to the shop for that noise it won't make when you get there!:)
Please let us know...:yes:
 
Hey @Bull76!,

Sitting with your legs st 90 is horrible for the hip and back.m (thank you hospital recovery book). I had. Really hard time when I first went back to work with swelling. I bought a special office chair that reclines and sit in a recliner position whilst working (it can actually go to 180 degrees... but if I did that, I might fall asleep at work). Anyway, doing that and sitting in a reclined position while driving seem to really help. Oh, and not wearing a belt... when I put one on my hip swells up like sweet bun in the oven... probably because I like my belt to feel tight... but I go sans belt now.

Cheers
 
Thanks wonkyhipoy,
I might try a reclined position in the car and see how that feels. It' only on the longer journeys. Mid distance trips are okay. This is the benefit of the forum, hear from others experiences to similar issues. We'll see what comes from the visit Thursday week. X-ray will be good to see how the hip is healing.
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Let us know how your appt goes and how your x-ray looks.
I hope today is a good one!
@Bull76!
 
So visit went without any issues. X-ray shows no problem with my hip. Bone growth around the stem and cup is good. He isn't concerned about my hip. Done some checks and rom. He couldn't explain the swelling and hasn't experienced it previously with any of his patients. So just needs more time, 4 hrs in the car yesterday, was a little stiff when I got home. Done my bike ride today, hip is at me a little but no swelling. So going in the right direction.
 
Glad to know nothing major.
All set to get better and better...you are just trying to be an outlier or what Bull?
Hope your weekend is stupendous!:tada:
 
Just here to say hello and thank everyone for their support. Recovery has been going nicely. No more hip swelling after long drive. Getting in lots of exercise and not over doing anything.
Hope everyone is having a good recovery.
 
Happy Holidays and thanks for the positive update!
It was nice to read of your progress. You're soon to be six months post op. Time sure flies!
Wishing you only the best in 2019. Stay in touch :)
@Bull76!
 
:wave:@Bull76!
So glad to see your post!
Hope your holiday was happy and bright.:dancing:
This THR recovery can be quite the journey, but I see you are getting there!:yes!:
Still possible to overdo, so be kind to your new hip.
Life without hip pain is :happydance::dancy::egypdance:
Onward....
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
Back
Top Bottom