TKR Finally found a new surgeon

@sistersinhim

I need your help, I will be 5 months the 9th of this month “January”
I am still at 90 degrees with my ROM, I have an appointment with my Orthopedic Dr on Monday, and I’m afraid that he will tell me I’m not doing very well with my ROM, however I hardly ever have much pain, still have some puffiness time and again, I also know that I am still impatient. I just don’t want to have to go back in the hospital for a manipulation. I just turned 66 and I feel pretty good, my wife and I just got home from the Great Smoky Mountains, where we hiked just about every day, in 14 Days we hiked about 25 miles total.Where should I be with my ROM, and how should I be feeling emotionaly?
As always thanks to everyone for your prayers, help, and support.

Mr GARY :shrug:[/QUOTE]
 
I just turned 66 and I feel pretty good, my wife and I just got home from the Great Smoky Mountains, where we hiked just about every day, in 14 Days we hiked about 25 miles total.
With all you are doing, I don't see any reason for you to worry about ROM. Tell your OS what all you're doing an I'm sure he'll be more than happy with your recovery.

There is no set time where anyone's ROM is supposed to be. Each knee is different. It sounds like from what all you are able to do, that your knee is doing great right here, right now. It will continue to improve it's ROM as time goes on. But still, it's what you can do with your new knee that's important, not numbers!
 
@sistersinhim
Thank you very much, I appreciate you, and that you always have words of encouragement for me.
Have a very blessed day.
:yay::angel:
 
The important thing is that you can live your life, not an arbitrary measurement. I found that just using my knee in daily life to its full range seemed to make the bend easier. I don't know that I gained degrees (I stopped worrying about it) but I could function better over time.
 
@kneeper
Thank you very much, I just have to do exactly what your saying, “LIVE MY LIFE”
Since I quit doing the “NO PAIN NO GAIN” thing I hardly ever have any pain. I still get the “ZINGERS” once in a while, but nothing like the pain and zingers I had when I was doing the forceful PT. I will Be 5 monthes on the 9th of this month, and I can do just about anything I want to do. After Church tomorrow I’m going to try and ride my bike , I tried to ride it at two months and couldn’t bend my knee enough to bring the peddle back up, I’ll post and give a report on how it went. Thanks again for the support.:biking:
 
Last edited:
Maybe today. The sun is out here and finally in the 50s! Hopefully, it's nice where you are.
 
I am 5 months out now, doing real good, went to Orthopedic Dr Monday, he took ex rays and said all is well, he told me I need to force my Knee to bend further than I am bending, (90 degrees), I told him I’m not going to inflict anymore pain on myself, he said “ well what ever you want” then he told me that he wants me to come back to see him in August, which will be my one year anniversary of TKR.
We have gone over this a lot here on the forum (ROM) and I have decided to do just what everyone here says “ be patient, ROM will come” I am very active now and able to do just about anything I want to do.
:happydance::yay::spin::dancy:
 
I just kept doing daily activities and using my full range for them, not necessarily trying to "force" anything.
A one-year check is typical for my OS too.
 
You have the right attitude. That ROM will continue to improve as you do your ADL.
 
Did a lot of work yesterday, and woke up this morning with my knee very, very stiff and swollen, a little pain, but not to much, more of an ache. Sound normal to you guys?
TKR August 9th 2017.:shrug:
 
Actually... yes. A day of doing more than usual followed by a stiff, swollen, painful knee sounds completely normal to me. Happens to me every once in a while, like on my trip to visit the son and grandkid a couple months ago. Hours more walking than usual, no elevating but sitting with legs down all the time, more stairs than usual... my knees swelled (something they'd not done for a while) and got stiff and ached a bit.

Good news is knees settle down again really quickly at this point. Your's probably will, too. :) Rest, ice, and elevate. Take some Tylenol. It will all be good in a day or so. Maybe even overnight.
 
@SusieShoes
Thank you very much, I was just worried that I did something to push me backwards
Didn’t want to think the Dr was right about wanting me to “force” my Knee to bend farther than it is now,
“I’m just not going to do it”, I went through waaaaay too much pain to inflect any on myself :elevate:
Just going to do this like everyone on here says :thumb: to just take it easy :thankyou:
 
Hi Mr. Gary! You are always such a joy.. such a great positive attitude!

ADL's - Activities of Daily Living! :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom