TKR Finally found a new surgeon

Oh yes, you are doing great! I remember how good it felt getting back to my normal duties! But, remember you are only 1/3 of the way of total healing, so you will have to take lots of breaks with icing and elevating!
 
@sistersinhim
Thank you for always being there for me with an encouraging word, you have been such a blessing to me.
 
Ah Mr Gary, what a nice thing to say! You have made my day!! Have a blessed day!
 
I’ve had a bad day, I way over worked my knee today and I’m paying for it, I know what tomorrow morning will be, going to ice right now. It still blows up like a balloon when I over work it.:elevate::mcoffee::bignono:
 
Your knee is still a child. If you treat it badly, it will react badly right back at you! You can see the cause and effect. This will go on for months still. It will become less as time goes on, but it does take all the time it needs to heal!
 
@sistersinhim
Thank you, I’m just very impatient, even though I have read and excepted all the help here on the forum, I still have anxiety about my heeling, it’s just hard for me to be patient and let Mother Nature take her course.
I’m trying to just “take it easy “. :bored:
 
In some ways, four months is harder than the first month. The first month you’re reminded often that your knee is newly operated on and has to heal. Your incision looks like a wound still. The pain makes more sense. At four months, you’re starting to feel pretty good! You’ve got your energy back. You’re ready to move on... so why isn’t your knee going with the program.

Because it’s a knee. It’s doing its knee-healing thing. You are so over it already, but it doesn’t listen or care. So the healing phase starts to drag. It seems endless. Sure, there’s improvement, but you want to see more. And faster would be welcome. Three to four months is the most frustrating phase of recovery.

You’re handling your impatience and minor setback (we all overdo it a little at this stage) really well. :) Hope the holidays treat you kindly and you can have a more active and happier 2018!
 
@sistersinhim
Thank you, I’m just very impatient, even though I have read and excepted all the help here on the forum, I still have anxiety about my heeling, it’s just hard for me to be patient and let Mother Nature take her course.
I’m trying to just “take it easy “. :bored:

Hello Mr. Gary.. I've been watching and following along with your thread since I'm also a slow bender. Although I'm not as far along in time as you, I completely understand your feelings! Praying for you! :console2:
 
@funkymuse
Thank you for following my progress, I will pray for you as well, we must stay in touch.:thankyou:
:flwrysmile:And Marry Christmas :merry christmas::nativity:
 
When you overdo (and we've all done it) just use it as a lesson and try to do a little bit less next time.
 
@kneeper
Thank you so much for touching base with me, I am trying to be patient as everyone has been trying to tell me.
I am in Tennessee in the Smoky Mountains for Christmas and it’s cooooooold, but me and my wife are alone this time and we are having a blast, doing a little hiking and a lot of picnicking .
Pray you have a blessed Christmas.
Will touch base soon.
 
Mr. Gary, I've been reading about all the good things you are doing for your knee. You are making wonderful progress. From this former East Tennessee girl, please accept my wishes for a very Merry Christmas and enjoy those mountains!
 
@MSgirl
Thank you and you have a very Merry Christmas as well,
I am at 16 weeks and hiked about 4 miles in the Smokey’s today, nothing very rough, mostly just slightly up hill then down back to the car, we are in Pigeon Forge till the first of the year, had a great day, little sore and I can still only bend my knee about 90 degrees, but the pain is about gone, I’m just taking it easy with the “ forcing to bend”. I’d rather not have all the pain and the swelling, I have a friend of mine that had a TKR, in November and he told me I was crazy for no doing the “ NO PAIN NO GAIN “ method, but guess what, I have to walk and deal with my own Knee.
Love you guys, touch base soon.
 
I'm with you Mr. Gary!!!! I hope to gain 90 soon and be able to do some hiking. I miss my walks in nature so much.
 
Mr. Gary, you are amazing! Do you think you could have hiked like that before your surgery? You have come so far in a short time. And don't listen to your friend.

I am envious. I love Pigeon Forge and the whole area. Is the Apple Barn still there? We used to go there to get apple butter. Have fun!
:merry christmas:
 
@Mr Gary, you are doing it the smart way! You know your knee and how it will react, and then how to treat it when it is unhappy! For as young as your knee is, you are doing fantastic! I remember the days when you were so worried that you wouldn't be able to do the things you wanted to do. And now look at you! You rock!

I made it to Shenandoah National Park at 4 months out, but I sure didn't hike 4 miles! I was blessed if I did a couple of them! But, the hills there are pretty steep and I kept on the blacktop. I also carried my ice machine and ice maker. There is a way for us to do the things we love to do if we plan and prepare for these knees of ours.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom