TKR Finally found a new surgeon

Well folks, I’m just checking in, I’m at 11 months Post Op now, and finally have an appointment with my surgeon
“ Thursday the 12th,”
As for how my knee is doing, my ROM is down to about 80 degrees, I have so much pain, swelling (I do ice and elevate), my knee hurts almost as bad as before my surgery it aches all the time.

The Dr office ask me if I fell or tweaked my knee in any way, I told them no. As for taking anything for the pain, I have been under Dr care for almost 7years with a back injury that I had at work. I have been taking Hydrocodone 10-325 for the whole 6 and a half years. When I add the pain of my knee to the equation, you can say that I am miserable.

The Dr can’t give me anything else for the pain, because I am already taking the Hydrocodone ( which my body is depended on now), so the pain in my knee is not really effected by the drugs. I hope my surgeon can do something. At this point I don’t even care if He has to go in and clean it up, like cutting out the scar tissue, I just don’t know what happened !!

I will report back as soon as I see the Dr and find out what he wants to do.:bawl::beg::what:
 
Last edited:
So you have sudden new pain? When did that start? I’m sorry, your knee was doing so well in the pain department.
 
You’re doing the right thing. You’ve done your best to give your knee every chance to get better. You’ve been patient and done exercise. You’re still in pain though and the knee isn’t bending well. Your doctor will do whatever he can to make it right.

Praying for you! :praying:
 
@Jockette
@SusieShoes
Thank you so much for your continued support.
I have not just sat on the couch and done nothing as it might seem with my 11 month progress. Just in the last month and a half my knee has regressed. I am willing to do what ever the Dr says, even if it means surgery to remove the scare tissue. “ enough is enough” I’m 66 years old and I can’t keep being limited in what I can do because of a stiff knee.
I love all of you and you all have been so supportive of me.:thankyou:
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear this is happening but glad your Dr appt is sooner then later. Hopefully the fix isn't too drastic. @Mr Gary
 
i am so sorry to hear about the pain you're having and your range of motion regressed. hope the surgeon can help you.:flwrysmile:
 
@liam2015
Thank you for your concern, I have always been one to heal very fast, so this deal is something I am just not sure how to handle. I am going to start fasting and praying real hard about this situation. The Bible says that The Lord is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him, so I’m just going to have to start seeking Him a lot more.
I guess I just answered my own question.
Thanks again. :beg:
 
Have you had a metal allergy test done? You might want to request an order for the blood test when you see your OS. It's best to get all options covered. You are in my and many other's prayers!
 
@sistersinhim
Thank you very much, I never thought of that. I will check with my Primary Care Dr and ask her about that.:what:
 
Make sure you ask for the total blood work test. The patch test isn't nearly enough. Make sure that whatever metal testing you have done is the expanded test. Here in the states it's only done by a lab in Chicago. Here's the link to the USA website. You want the Orthopedic Panel 2:

https://www.orthopedicanalysis.com/testing/order-testing-panel

Research is finding that some of these allergic sensitivities can be fairly difficult to diagnose, but they can really affect an implant's performance.

Make sure you get an order from your doctor before you buy this test kit. I bought one and thought I could go to anyone and get my blood drawn for it. Wrong. I did find a nurse at church who would do it for me, but then I found out that the lab itself has to have an order from a doctor to do it. I didn't have that. The test is $550, if I remember right, but they did refund me completely, even the shipping!
 
@sistersinhim,
Thank you for the heads up on the test, think I’ll just ask my Dr to do the tast, that way my insurance will pay for it. I am on Medicare, and my supplement insurance is CarePluss. My TNR, total out of pocket , Dr and Hospital, was only $400, I’d say that was pretty good.
 
I’m not on Medicare yet, but my husband is, so I’m on my own insurance-wise. My out of pocket for my surgery was about $5,000!

I have 2.5 years to go for Medicare. I wonder if my partial will make it till then, and if I can live with it that long. My deductible is even higher this year than last year.
 
@Jockette,
I will pray that it will.
I am 66 now, and it was a huge blessing for me to be able to wait on my surgery until after 65.
I have my Dr appointment this coming Thursday to see what can be done with my knee. I am afraid I am going to have to have more surgery to remove the tremendous ampont of scar tissue that keeps me from bending my knee. As of today I am 11 months Post op and today I can bend my knee less than 90 degrees “about 80.
I will be :angel:praying for you my friend.
 
Thank you.

I’m sorry things seem to have taken a bad turn for you. Even with a low ROM you seemed be doing a lot of things without pain.
 
@Jockette
Yes I was able to do just about anything “without pain” however the past two months I can’t do anything “without pain”. We’ll see Thursday what can be done.:shrug:
Thank you
 
Are you having swelling that you can see?
 
@sistersinhim
Yes Mam I do, however I ice it for about 30 min and elevate it and the swelling goes down “somewhat.”
I have too much to do, so I can’t just stop and “take it easy”till it feels better.:shrug:
 
I have too much to do, so I can’t just stop and “take it easy”till it feels better.:shrug:
Maybe this is your problem. Newly replaced knees, and those going on a year that are not fully recovered need to be rested, maybe more than you are doing, so they can recover so you can do all those things you have to do.

I’m going to ask @Josephine to come and talk with you about your increased pain and decreased ROM.
 
Mr Gary, two things I have to ask

1. can you show me the site of this pain using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] Finally found a new surgeon



2. I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom