TKR Finally found a new surgeon

@MrGary I’m so sorry your surgeon treated you that way and you deserve better care. I pray that you are able to find another orthopedic surgeon that can help you instead of blaming you! It is very unfortunate that there seems to be many of these types of doctors out there. [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Hood1980
Thank you very much, this Dr has been a practicing Orthopedic Sergeant for 35 years and he is just old and cranky. His bedside manner stinks, I will never go to him again. The Dr said,”I DID MY PART.”
I don’t think He has done his part till I’m healed.
Oh well, I am just going to press on.
 
Yes, please press on. Take some time for yourself and your wife to rest and recharge. Enjoy your lives. There’s time down the road to find another surgeon who will take a good, honest look at your knee. Sadly, doctors often hand off (or tune out) patients or problems they don’t want to deal with. They want troublesome outcomes to just go away.

You will find the help you need, just not from this doctor. :friends:
 
Happy Anniversary! My husband and I recently celebrated 42 years.
 
Unfortunately, I think you are correct. That OS gotten old and cranky and needs to retire.
 
It seems that our surgeons lose interest in us if we don’t have a textbook recovery. I didn’t, and at my one year check up my surgeon had nothing to offer me as to why. Neither did my second opinion surgeon who was a revision specialist. I am so discouraged and I just don’t have the mental energy to keep seeking opinion after opinion.
 
@Mr Gary, you are always here encouraging us! You have a God given talent and use it well!
It is very unfortunate that there seems to be many of these types of doctors out there.
This is so true, unfortunately. All a lot of them care about is doing the surgery. After that, you're on your on.

Give Planet Fitness a try. It might be just what you need! If you aren't happy with your improvement, then seek out another OS. Your current on is an old fuddy duddy, and set in his old fuddy duddy ways! He needs to be more hip on what is best for this tkr recovery! Or better yet, retire! :friends::prayer::prayer::prayer:
 
Mr Gary, I'm so sorry your surgeon was such a cranky old bear.
Try Planet Fitness and if that doesn't work for you, how about looking for a different surgeon? In another month, it will be a year since your surgery and another surgeon may be prepared to take you on.
You'll need a surgeon who specializes in "problem knees" and who has no connection, either social or professional with your original surgeon. You may have to travel a bit to find the right surgeon.

By the way, congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I hope you have a wonderful celebratory trip.
My husband and I recently celebrated 47 years of marriage.
 
Well you know what? there is a good note in your post - at least you know your prostheses are okay and that your problems are all musculoskeletal. In which case, an MUA most certainly would have worked. However, when surgeons bang on about MUAs resulting in broken in bones, one has to wonder if his past experience has been so bad he is committed to that notion! If so, you certainly don't want to let him anywhere near your knee! Son in that respect, he's done you a favour!
 
Let me know how it works out for you! I checked with them online and my insurance doesn't cover it.
 
Last edited:
Ugh. My surgeon tried to do some recovery shaming, too. He may know the anatomy, but I know my body as a system, as do you. My body reacts to trauma with a lot of swelling. It is taking a while to go down, but it finally is. And I have had breakthroughs in pt this week with flexion.
Make sure to work with a trainer who is experienced and has more training than the online cert. I didn't, and ended up with an injury.
 
I'm so sorry, @Mr Gary - I hope your time away was restorative and you can approach recovery with renewed enthusiasm. Maybe eventually you will feel as if you can try to find a second opinion from another OS. Wishing you well -
 
Thank you “ALL” for your support and guidance.
Going to start going to Planet Fitness next week.
 
Happy 48th anniversary @Mr Gary ~ hope you had a lovely celebration. i hope joining planet fitness and getting on a good exercise program will help with your range of motion. keep your options open as there is a surgeon out there that will be able to help.:prayer::SUNsmile:
 
Well folks I finally found a new surgeon. I saw her today and she is sending me to have a CT scan on my knee. She told me that it possible that the last surgeon inserted the wrong size spacer in my knee, if that is not the case, they can go in and remove the scar tissue and then manipulate it to give me more ROM. The pain that I am still having (after one year) could be caused by the wrong size spacer. We will just have to see. My last Dr said “ I did my job, I don’t know what to tell you.”
 
:blackcloud:Don't you just love that arrogant attitude? Reminds me of the OS who did my RTKR!! He has that same arrogance, though he is an excellent surgeon.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom