Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

Home from my appointment brace free! Just have to work on strengthening and ROM - hate that word
That's wonderful news! :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :dancy:

Don't worry about strengthening and ROM and don't work hard at them. They will come gradually, as you use your leg more.
Your leg has been through so much. Don't let anyone try to rush you now.

By the way, it's great to see you. You look terrific.
 
Thank you @Celle! I am keeping it slow and steady :) I will not do anything that may jeopardize this leg. I am so happy to be able to walk :)
 
Look at you, Peggy! Your leg looks great! To look at it now, you wouldn't know all you went through the past year! I bet you feel free!
 
Had a great camping weekend :) The knee held up well, just some ankle swelling which I stuck in the lake's cold water for a while. The lake was too cold for me but my kids got in it. I had my cat scan done last Thursday so hopefully I will get some results this week. So far so good :)
 
Getting out in nature is so uplifting! I'm glad you made the trip! Praying that you c-scan turns out good.
 
I got the results of my CT. Have to love it when they post the reports before the OS discusses the results. I think it is pretty normal but I want to talk to him about all the joint fluid. Never like to hear fatty..LOL

CT LWR EXT WO/CST LEFT+ i 3D
IMPRESSION/ CT LEFT KNEE:
1. Left total knee revision arthroplasty. Minimal lucency at the bone cement
interface at the lateral femoral condyle measuring up to 4 mm (series 3, image
67 and series 200, image 20).
2. Surgical changes of extensor mechanism allograft transplant with overlying
free tissue flap. Small fluid collection along the anteromedial aspect of the
leg measuring 2.4 x 1.3 cm (series 5, image 105).
3. Anterior tibial bone graft and multiple cerclage wires. Interval partial
healing of the bone graft with bridging bone and callus formation at the
periphery.
4. Large amount of joint fluid extending around the patellar graft.
5. Mild fatty atrophy of the quadriceps muscles.
COMPARISON: 4/11/2017.
 
I have no idea what all that means. Hopefully, one of the medical persons can translate it for you. I pray it's all good!
 
It doesn't mean a lot to me, either. I hope your OS will interpret it for you and set your mind at rest.
 
You were bound to atrophy, it's been a looooong process!
 
The OS called this afternoon about the CT. He is happy with the way things look, said everything is healing nicely. He wants me to concentrate on the straight leg lifts...big time :)
 
Yippee! Praise God for answered prayers! Of course, your very hard work had a lot to do with it, too!
 
To me mild atrophy does not sound bad considering what you been through.
 
@Bikesouth It is not bad at all and I really like being able to exercise it after being immobile for so long. The big thing is the bone graft and bridging. I am so happy that it is all growing together :) How are you doing?
 
Washout on the 13th. Also have scar tissue on patellar tendon. Doing a little better, wearing a splint at night so
I don't flex at night. It has reduced swelling & fluid. Clunk syndrome locking at 85 deg flex. Then picc line to ruin my summer.
Surgery can't get here fast enough.
 
@Bikesouth I hope everything goes well on the 13th. Will they do anything for the scar tissue while in there for the wash out? For the PICC hopefully they will give you the antibiotic in a infusion ball. I had to take the Vanco twice a day. With the infusion ball I could still be out and about because it could be tucked under the shirt or in a loose pocket. Hanging out in the pool was a different story...had to keep that upper arm out of the water. Floating lounges work great!
 
@Bikesouth I hope everything goes well on the 13th. Will they do anything for the scar tissue while in there for the wash out? For the PICC hopefully they will give you the antibiotic in a infusion ball. I had to take the Vanco twice a day. With the infusion ball I could still be out and about because it could be tucked under the shirt or in a loose pocket. Hanging out in the pool was a different story...had to keep that upper arm out of the water. Floating lounges work great!

Scar tissue will be removed. Not sure what antibiotics will be selected at this point. I want one to be Daptomycin @ high dosage. ID Doc mentioned cipro but I am nervous on that one because I have tendonitis so bad.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom