Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

Wise decision to leave it for the plastic surgeon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You have watched as much paint dry as anybody active on BS. Soon you will have a brush in one hand & a bucket in the other.
 
I'm so glad to read that things are progressing for you.
 
@PegGar16
I have gone back and reread your story, Peg, and it defies description. I remember when I first saw your repaired knee area and how great it looked and how relieved you must feel at this singular moment of good news. You are truly a survivor and a thriver because of your determination NOT to give up and NOT to give in to the pain and disappointment.

When it comes to faith and life I am such a toddler, always asking God "why." Why did that have to happen that way? Why do I have to go through this now (or ever)? Why can't I sit back and enjoy my TKR with my family and friends? Why? Frankly, God has never given me an answer to my "why's," and I don't imagine that you have an adequate answer to your "why," (if you asked it like I always do). The fact is (whether we like it or not) life happens (as you are well aware), and many times that is as much as we are likely to understand. From what I can tell, you stepped up to the plate (even if you would have preferred not to) and you did whatever was necessary to bring you to this moment where things seem to be coming together, perhaps better than you could have thought possible.

I wish it was all easier for you Peg. I wish your accident never happened. I wish I knew you better to know how you have been able to put one foot in front of the other in such difficult circumstances. I am glad we connected at BS. And I hope we can carry on that conversation and get to know each other better. My best to you and your knee.
 
I started week 3 of PT and can bend the knee to 40* during unassisted heel slides. I am very happy with that and working the rest of the walking and exercises. It is so great to be mobile! :)
 
It was a good day! I was out and about with the husband all afternoon. It was so nice to be able to do all the driving and walk. Walking around with no crutches or a death grip on the shopping cart was awesome :) No I have it up resting with a little ice. Along with all the movement I am also getting the feeling back around the knee.....I don't over do things now because I can feel it...which is a good thing.
 
It's good to hear how good you're doing! And finally getting back to doing normal things.
 
It's great to hear that you are getting your normal life back. Well done!
 
That's GREAT news, Peg!!! Slowly but surely, you're gonna get there!
 
So happy for you!! Let's hope those troubling days are a Long way behind you now. Isn't it funny how such a little difference in numbers makes a BIG difference in how you feel. Keep up the great progress.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom