Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

Whoopi!! That is fantastic! I bet it feels so good.
 
@sistersinhim It does! I think the "mind" has a lot to do with also. I was getting so tired of being told the things I couldn't do..so just being able to try is so exciting:)
 
After all you've been through, you seem to be making rapid progress now, Peg! :yes!: :yay:
90 degrees already - that's great! :dancy: :spin:
 
Had PT today and everything is going well. We are working a lot on balance and my gate. I really have to concentrate when I walk because I feel my foot rolling out, almost like walking on the outer side of the foot. So there is plenty of "heal to toe" repeating in my mind :) I was able to bend the leg to 70* today which makes me very happy. I hope to be able to do the 90* by the time I see the OS on the 23rd. The body is adjusting and I am feeling great! :)
 
What great news! I'm very happy that things are going well for you. You certainly have had a incredible journey.
 
Had PT today and everything is going well. We are working a lot on balance and my gait.
I'm really glad your PT is working on these for you. They are so important, but they often get forgotten in the focus on ROM numbers.
 
@PegGar16, wow I am amazed. I spent two sleepless nights reading your story from the beginning. What an inspiration and testimony you are! I kept basically waking up my husband to read something to him or for him to see your pictures. Your strength is amazing. I know your faith is what brought you through. I'm also a believer but I have been such a whiney butt. Thank you for sharing your story and for being such an inspiration to so many. I look forward to watching your continued recovery and success. I can't wait to see "the rest of the story".
Becky
 
Hello all! Another good update here :) Walked all around the Floor & Decor shop (warehouse size) with out a problem. I am still having to concentrate on my steps and gate but loving it just the same. The bedroom bathroom has finally been torn apart after being on hold for a year and a half. Everything has been sitting in the garage waiting for the day I could step into a tub..lol. The only problem (minor) I am having these days is with the brace not staying up. With the swelling gone down and more definition with the muscles it is just not fitting properly on the bottom of my leg. It has an odd shape due to the flap so the brace doesn't fit snuggly no matter what I try....and I really do know all the tricks with my history in them. Hopefully the OS will let me take it off next week. Other than that all is well:)
 
More progress, Peggy! It's wonderful that you are doing so well.

I do hope your OS will let you abandon the brace next week. If not then, I'm sure it will be soon.
 
A good PT today. I have the knee bending just short of the 90*. I am hoping it will be a strong 90* when I see the OS on Tuesday. I am getting ready for our Memorial Day Weekend campout with the family. So excited about finally trying out the RV :)
 
Have a wonderful time next week! We're going Wednesday through Saturday to a state park that's close to home. I should be able to ride my bike just fine! I couldn't do it last year this time!
 
Home from my appointment brace free! Just have to work on strengthening and ROM - hate that word :). I will see him in 6 weeks. I should be set up for a cat scan with in 2 weeks to make sure everything has mended together with the graft. I am soooooo happy with this :)
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170524_41435bbc0ada88a213415530f0cc0e03.jpg



Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:wowspring:It must feel strange to finally be without any devices at all! So so happy for you, Peg!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom