Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

You're in the water! Have fun! Enjoy being normal again.
 
Well I made it back from San Diego. I had a wonderful time! Unfortunately I came home to a sick dog. He ended up in the hospital on Sunday and was diagnosed with DKA. I got him home last night and have to give him insulin twice a day. I also started my pre-op appointments at Mayo yesterday. Took care of the registration, physical and lab work. Tomorrow I have to have a CTA of my lower extremities. I guess the countdown has started:) I also saw a social worker to see if anything needed to be set up for home services. I really cracked up at 2 of her questions. The first one was "have there been changes in my daily activities" and I laughed and asked her "from when? Before or after they took out my knee?" She looked surprised for a moment and then chuckled a bit. And then she asked me if I used marijuana for pain management (AZ has Medical Marijuana cards). I replied that I hadn't thought about doing that but maybe I should check it out. My husband was so shocked..LOL. I tried pot once in high school and broke out in hives. That is worse than the nausea from pain meds. Well...at least things are moving on.
 
Hi @Josephine! Sorry about that, didn't mean to be rude. CTA is a Computed Tomography Angiography (Cat Scan with the contrast). I had that today to check the blood flow in my leg for the flap..The DKA is the Diabetic Ketoacidosis. I hope your shoulder doing well.
 
I didn't think you were being rude at all, Peggy. It was just a question. Thank you for the explanation, both are new to me! But I will add them here abbreviations and acronyms

My shoulder is doing very well, thank you!
 
13 days til surgery. It finally feels like it is going to happen. Had pre-op work last week and have more appointments with them next week. Hopefully the time will go by fast:)
 
Time does have a way of moving along, doesn't it. I'm cheering for you! Hope Mayo works it's magic on your behalf.
 
This has been a long time coming, Peggy. I know you're ready to be on the other side of this one.
 
Hi Peggy,
Glad you had a great time in San Diego...so sorry to hear about your pup, is he doing better?
Best of luck with your upcoming surgery, I'm right behind you (mine is scheduled for Sept 19th)
We will be recovering at the same time :ice:
 
@greatlakes Thank you! I hope they do too.
@KarriB It has been looooonnnngggg:) But we are getting close
@Majella My pup is doing so much better. He gets insulin twice a day and he is good to go. Have to admit it was scary for a little bit, thought we were going to loose him. Surgery will go well for both of us:)
 
Good luck with your surgery. You will then be on your way to having a good working knee.
 
Peggy, will they do everything in one surgery or will there be more than one with the flap surgery?
 
@newlybionic Thanks Marian!

Hi @KarriB ! For this surgery I will have the flap completed and the OS is exchanging the antibiotic spacer. Once the flap is set or healed they will go back in (6-8 weeks) with the new TKR and the extensor mechanism allograft reconstruction (tendon & bone grafts). I have my pre-op appointment with the plastic surgeon tomorrow to make sure everything is still a go...so keep the fingers crossed and prayers going please:)
 
@newlybionic Thanks Marian!

Hi @KarriB ! For this surgery I will have the flap completed and the OS is exchanging the antibiotic spacer. Once the flap is set or healed they will go back in (6-8 weeks) with the new TKR and the extensor mechanism allograft reconstruction (tendon & bone grafts). I have my pre-op appointment with the plastic surgeon tomorrow to make sure everything is still a go...so keep the fingers crossed and prayers going please:)
Hi PegGar16 and all! My Saga went on to have the knee come out of socket. Long story short I had a new spacer put in Tuesday thicker one. And I had a patellar tendon repair done as well. Still in the hospital but I'm positive this will solve my problems. I am still so out of it LOL wishing all the best. Glad to hear that pegGar16 that you are going to have your total surgery soon. More later.
@greatlakes Thank you! I hope they do too.
@KarriB It has been looooonnnngggg:) But we are getting close
@Majella My pup is doing so much better. He gets insulin twice a day and he is good to go. Have to admit it was scary for a little bit, thought we were going to loose him. Surgery will go well for both of us:)

6 DAYS!!!!


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
What's he exchanging the antibiotic spacer with? The new implant? Sorry if I'm being thick. :chinstroke:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom