Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

Thank God the infection is gone. Now, to get through the next procedures with all of us here praying for you!
 
Thank you everyone for always being there! I don't like to add my stress/upset to my family's already overwhelmed concern...especially with my husband and his heart issues. I just keep pushing "it is fixable"! It is wonderful to have someplace to let it all out and have people that "have been there" listen, give advice and encouragement.

@Josephine here is a picture. There is not s lot of coloring difference between the knees. They did say that there was some concern was with the soft tissue.
[Bonesmart.org] Finally Finishing Up



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So glad your infection is gone. Big hurdle over. I agree with Josephine. Need healthy skin to sew together. Happy for you its all working out.


Chris
RTKR March 2014
LTKR Sept 2014
Revision Dec 2014
Revision July 2015
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
OK..so the Man Upstairs is teaching me patience. They gave me a September 13th surgery date (almost 1 year to the date of the first tendon surgery). I was told it is tough to get the 2 surgeons scheduled together. So another 8 weeks of waiting. I see the plastic surgeon in 2 weeks so hopefully she can answer some questions for me. I am kind of nervous now because of the comments on @suann thread. I really want a full recovery and was never told it wouldn't be. I have some serious questions for these doctors...learning the hard way not to assume things.
 
Oh no! That's two months away, let's look for the positive. You have time to get answers to your questions, enjoy the rest of the summer as much as possible, more time for the docs to perfect their plan. What's on the other thread? If I have time I'll take a look.
 
@KarriB I am trying to stay positive about it all:) The other thread was pretty much about the same surgery and what problems she was left with. I know it will never be perfect but I really don't want to be using a cane either. I keep telling myself that everyone is different.
 
I really hope they can get it all taken care of and you have your life back. You've been through enough and deserve to put it all behind you. Two months is a long time when you're looking ahead, I know that firsthand, but it will pass soon enough, so use this time to be extra prepared for after. I did a lot of cleaning to make sure my house wasn't too bad when I couldn't clean, plus I did a heck of a lot of cooking and prepping meals to freeze for after. As a result, we had dinner in the freezer with minimal prep needed, for over a month after. Keep us posted as you go through all this. Kim
 
I read her thread. Positive, there's been 6 years for new technology and advancements. But even if you have to use a cane, it's better than where you are now. Start making notes of questions you have. Will you see the OS before September 13th?
 
@lovetocookandsew Thanks Kim. I have been talking to my husband about all the prep work. I'm very lucky that my husband likes to cook....and he cooks well:)
@KarriB I hope I see him before the surgery day. I have a bunch of questions for the plastic surgeon when I see her on the 28th. Hopefully he will be around. My husband and I were talking about flying over to Cape Cod for a couple of weeks. I will just need an aisle seat. My mother is heading out there and will come back for my surgery. I have been craving the beach:)
 
Lucky you-my husband only makes crispy fried eggs........lol. Oh, he makes a mean burned bacon too. :rotfl: But he can follow directions if I make the food and label it well, as long as all he has to do is defrost and pop it in the oven......:loll:Luckily he does know how to do repairs and re-model everything here, even plumbing and electrical stuff, and he does all that amazingly well. I just have to keep him away from the stove.
 
You are right everyone is different. Don't let the someone else's lack of recovery make you feel that you are doomed to the same fate. Keep your thoughts positive. You have found a good doctor and he has come up with a plan to solve your knee problems. You have many members here praying for your complete recovery.
 
I'm heading to the Delaware shore tomorrow, I think you should go to Cape Cod, or anywhere else you want you want to go.
 
@newlybionic Thank you Marian!

@KarriB Enjoy your trip! I am planning my trip now for the middle of August. I definitely need some beach time:) I always love that picture!
 
Thanks, Peggy! I think a beach trip will help the time pass quickly. Looking forward and planning the trip is half the fun. I think I'm going back to the beach in September just because I can. :yes:
 
Enjoy your trips you guys. I really want to take our usual August vacation but am not sure I'd really enjoy it not being able to really do a lot. So, I think we're going to shelve it for this year, and are thinking about taking a cruise next year.
 
The year after my TKR I was afraid to go to the shore. We all went to Put-In-Bay, an island in Lake Erie. It was fun driving around the island in a golf cart, but it's not the sea. I hope you can get away somewhere. I'm so used to only vacationing in the summer, because I'd only get 3 personal days a year. I'd try to tack them into a weekend here and there for short trips, but with retiring I can go away whenever.
 
Start planning trips for yourself year round since you can. I'm hoping for a cruise sometime in January. Anyone up for it?
 
Where's a good place to cruise to in January? I'm not afraid so much as I know I can't walk far and river rafting is out for the year, so I'd get to sit on the deck and watch everyone else having fun in the river. I like to watch rafters go by :wave:as I drink my morning tea or coffee, but I also want to be in there myself, just a bit later in the day.
 
I've never thought seriously of a cruise because of my claustrophobia. Small cabins don't bother me as much as being on a ship and can't get off. I entertain the idea every once in a while though.
 
The ship seemed so large that there were many different areas to go to. The boat sailed mostly at nights and in ports during the days. I went to the Caribbean on a cruise celebrating my 60th birthday with some members of my family. I'm looking forward to possibly making the trip again.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom