Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

He is putting in a new antibiotic spacer. I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon today and asked her about that and I also read an ID mentioned in a note. She said that they were all being very pro-active because of my infection history. Better safe than sorry:) I will see the OS on Monday for my pre-op appointment and more labs. I call in Monday evening for my Tuesday surgery time. Anxiety is starting to hit.
 
I'm going away to the Delaware shore next week (60th birthday), but will check in to see how you do. On one hand a 2nd spacer surgery means an additional surgery, but I'm glad they want to be sure.
 
It's not too bad. He will do it at the same time as the plastic surgeon does the flap. You have a wonderful trip to the shore! And a Happy Birthday!
 
@old goat Great to hear from you! I hope you are out of the hospital soon. New spacer and tendon repair...we have soooo much in common:) Feel better!!
 
Well the time is finally here. I have to check in at the hospital at 730 tomorrow morning. They are talking 4-7 days (depending which Doctor I talk to). I am a little bummed because today they told me I would be going home with a PICC again. I do appreciate them being proactive and I know I am being winey but this is the third one. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end:). Thank you for all the support so far...I truly believe the prayers have helped me along this difficult journey.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Best wishes for tomorrow.
When you can, do let us know how you're getting on. I'll be thinking of you.
 
Good luck tomorrow. I hope all goes as planned and it's another step that will finally bring you to full recover.
 
Hello All! Yesterday was quite a day..10 hours on the table, the best sleep I've had in months:) I am really groggy at the moment so I will check in tomorrow, This hospital staff have been wonderful!
 
It's good to know the surgery is done. I'm glad the hospital is treating you well.
 
So happy to hear from you and that the staff is well prepared for you. Hoping today is a pain free day.
 
Hello! Feeling a little better today and they are staying on top of the pain control. the skin flap is coming along great. They do the Doppler every hour and it is showing good circulation. I can't believe how many sutures I have on the 2 legs. It looks more painful than it is feeling at the moment. The plastic surgeon wants 12 weeks before the next surgery. She wants it totally healed. I will check in a little later...getting sleepy again. Thank you for all the support:)
 
Well I don't even remember making the last post, lol. I do feel better after this surgery than I did the last 2 this year. I have a thicker spacer, tendon repair, several muscles repaired. I am hoping and positive this is the last. I have an immobilizer on and will for awhile. Hubby has had one surgery lately and another in 2 weeks. I am taking it day by day. I am positive it will get better. Keep hope and don't give up to all. Break it down and kept it simple step by step. The Lord is there for all, just ask. Hugs. Ann

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
@PegGar16 you are in my prayers. There are so many new ways they have dealing with pain. I have hardly felt any this time. Take care, hugs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
 
Hello Everyone! Things are going pretty good. The flap is circulating nicely and the swelling is staying down.The plastic surgeon is very happy with it all. The OS put in the new spacer and has me on the vanco with the PICC line. Hopefully I will go home Monday or Tuesday but there is no weight bearing on the leg and it must be kept level. The next surgery should be in 12 weeks. This is what the flap looks like.
 
Here is the flap.
[Bonesmart.org] Finally Finishing Up



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
If I've said it once, I'll say it a hundred times, you are a trooper! No weight bearing for the whole 12 weeks?
 
You r an amazing woman! You have many praying for you.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom