THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Krista
Now you've got me laughing about the brushing teeth and hair! I was there three days and never once brushed anything. It reminds me of @Nana757 who said the nurses eventually put a toothbrush and toothpaste on her table and wondered if they were hinting that her breath may not have smelled like roses (she didn't actually write the roses part)! :rofsign:

Thanks for always being there for me. Have you heard anything more on having your sleep study done?
 
@shirleyH
Thank you so much! It's so nice knowing one has all this extended family out there and all of them going through the same thing (misery loves company?)...I hope not! :snork:
 
Glad the insurance glitch got straightened out, just in the nick of time.
Here's hoping that everything will go smoothly tomorrow!
 
I just want to let everyone know that after the last THR I didn't feel much like posting, but I did read everyone's posts and appreciated each and every one. Of course I will let you all know I made it through the surgery as soon as humanly possible. I know that stressful feeling when another member has had surgery and you don't hear anything for a few days, so I'll make sure to pop in.
Sending prayers for all of my fellow Bonesmarties! See you soon. :-)
 
@Cynthia777
Wow!!! What a day you have had. But so thankful you were able to get it all straightened out. Wow. My blood pressure would have shot up.
Don't forget prunes and crackers.
Good luck to you tomorrow!'
 
@Cynthia777 well, girl, you're up! That was a very very harrowing day and I think I would have completely freaked out!! glad it got settled and can't even imagine how you felt while waiting. What a journey!!
Now you are packed and ready.. wishing for you a peaceful evening and some good sleep.
My goodness.. there will be no stopping you!!

And I repeat....... You've got this! :loveshwr:
 
@Cynthia777 , I see the pulmonologist on Wednesday, so will find out then about time frame for testing. I still have no word on the rescheduling of my hip surgery. Soon, I hope. The important thing right now is YOUR THR! Yes, please let us know when you can that you've gotten through, but don't worry about posting after that if it is too much to deal with. We will understand!

Oh, and regarding the hospital and personal hygiene, I HAD to brush my hair since it goes all the way down my back. I had it in two braids for the surgery, and two days later I had to take the braids out, brush and rebraid, or I would have had permanent knots. One of the nurses asked if I had washed up and I just said, no, I can't even stand without holding on with two hands. I had no offers of help from staff either. But I survived just fine! Take care, Cynthia!
 
@Cynthia777
So sorry you had the scheduling scare today! What an unnecessary stress! But so glad all turned out well! Now it should be smooth sailing. Sends best wishes & prayers your way.
Can you see we are all waiting for your recovery posts?':loveshwr:
SweetPea69
 
Tons of squishy hugs, friend. I'm sorry you had such a challenging day. You'll be in my thoughts.
(Had to LOL about the mustache and beard comment...I had that same concern!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom