THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am home without all the information, as the doctor didn't receive one of the test results I had done in the hospital, BUT the good news is, he has given me the go ahead for my THR. :)
Now, as long as the regular pre-op is okay, away I go! For now I'm very relieved and ready to get this next surgery over with. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes!!!!!!
 
What a relief this must be for you! No doubt, you are sooooo ready for this to be over! Even though my surgery was a week ago, I won't get the OK for full weight bearing until the end of April so we'll be learning to walk again at the same time and with @gullimac !:happydance:
Almost to the finish line!
 
Well folks, just received a letter from Blue Shield of CA which said they are reviewing my bill for $138,000! I'm certain this must be the hospital bill for the three nights I spent there! Fortunately i purchased the most expensive coverage (at just under $900 per month) and my out of pocket will be $4,000 to $7,000. I'm not sure how it works, but if I use only in-network providers it's $4,000, but if I use out-of-network providers it jumps to $7,000. My OS is out-of-network, but the rest of them are in-network, so I'm not sure how they figure the maximum out of pocket costs.
 
@Zelda...Take a look! OMG!!!!!

[Bonesmart.org] FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey
Yep
 
Wow, that seems excessive, to put it mildly. My hospital charge for 4 nights was $65,000, but of course my insurance negotiates a different price with them, which brought it down to $31,000. I didn't have to pay a penny of that, since my out-of-pocket/year is about $2,500, and I spent that on doctors and other medical expenses. The hospital charge doesn't include surgeon's and anesthesiologist's fees either. I am so grateful that I have good insurance.

Could it be that your prostheses are made out of 18 carat gold? ;-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom