Guest viewing is limited

THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations you Unicorn you! I haven't been on Bonesmart much so had to catch up on your thread. Besides my memory is going and I can't remember what I have read for very long. You have been through a lot and still have a long way to go but you are a fighter. Hopefully it will be a tad easier now that your new hip is done and should cause less pain. I don't understand what it means when a hip collapses and will have to search the library.
I am skiing but not too much. I post on my thread just to keep track for myself what happens. My puppy latest prank is to chew a pen and get ink on my goof living room rug. I am ready to disown her but she is so cute and loving that I end up forgiving her for all the trouble she causes. They know not what they do! Right?
Take care of yourself Cynthia! I'm rooting for you.
Diane
 
Omg @Granny Di, that little imp of a puppy! I'm with you on the memory issue Diane, so don't feel alone!
The collapsed femur happens when one is has avascular necrosis of the femoral head (aka AVN). The blood supply to the hip is very delicate and due to various causes, sometimes the blood supply gets cut off to the femoral head and the bone starts dying. Eventually (when too much hone dies) it collapses. My cartilage was great (I thought one surgeon was going to cry when he said he was "going to have to cut all that beautiful cartilage out and just throw it away!"). Unfortunately, in many cases it occurs bilaterally (as mine has done), thus requiring both hips to be replaced. There ya go, AVN 101! :heehee:
I'm doing really well and am looking forward to getting the second hip over with and on to a "normal" life. :-)
 
@Hipster Girl
Thanks for rooting me on, it really helps to keep me motivated. :-)
I think you're exactly right on why my OS didn't assign any PT for me. Hopefully it isn't because of the high WBC count I encountered in the hospital! Tomorrow I see my PCP and find out if they still have any concerns with the reading. Fingers crossed all is good.

Thanks for your continued support of all of your Bonesmart family...it's greatly appreciated!
 
I had no other issues as you do, but after my hip replacement my PT just said " you don't need PT". I didn't ask why and decided to believe it was because I was in good shape.

I did fine, just slowly increased my walking and it went well. That hip has better ROM than my other one, which has no issues.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well now , what can I say other than reading this personal blog has acted like a sedative ,I woke up dreading this week and dithering with pre op nerves but after reading this lovely lady's experience from pre to post op I feel yes I can do this , you are indeed a Godsend and already feel you are a personal friend and mentor , much love
 
@charmed-life...now that's encouraging my friend!!! I shall continue on this path because if it worked for you, it will work for me. I'm sure our recovery may take a little longer than others who are in PT, but I'm in no hurry and my progress has been quite satisfactory thus far. Thanks so much! :-)

@asnell1955...God bless your heart! Your post brought tears to my eyes! You are part of my Bonesmart family and if my thread has helped you through this, I'm happier than a cat chasing mice! I have oftentimes wondered if I've been too overbearing with my posts and have tried to cut them back a bit (with little success). Much love to you my BS sibling! :roseshwr:
 
@asnell1955 wanted to welcome you to to this helpful community.......you will find a shared
Support We all understand what your going through and will likely have many insights about Concerns you might have..............we all need cheer leaders......!
Wishing your a week of calm, peace, faith and good vibes.........for most all our worries never materialize!
Eek sorry about the typos....my iPad has a mind of its own.....and my desk chair is not ate comfortable to sit at for my correspondence .......actually I thing I'm just re prioritizing my daily activities and avoiding going into my office for a wel longer......good therapy of another sort!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for welcoming me into the b.s community , I'm afraid I'm a nervous wreck now the count down is here , but I'm working on all the comforting feedback from you lovely caring souls , I must fight my demons
I wish you all good health ,peace and happiness .
 
Just remember @asnell1955, you aren't alone, as we've all gone through the most difficult part of this journey (the countdown before surgery). Heck, I only slept three hours the night before! You are going to be pleasantly surprised how much easier the journey is....once you're looking BACK at these most difficult of times. Trust me on this one. :-)
 
:happydance::happydance::happydance:
Thank you for welcoming me into the b.s community , I'm afraid I'm a nervous wreck now the count down is here , but I'm working on all the comforting feedback from you lovely caring souls , I must fight my demons
I wish you all good health ,peace and happiness .

About those demons of negativity that can haunt us before surgery...we all have those worry demons.......I found it super healthy that write and visualize all he positive outcomes I would be living post surgery......and everybody here was a testimony to the well being and pain relief after surgery. I know I'm the most worried, and anxious because I am not in control......but if I can control my attitude.....or at the very least even try .....the result is always +++++​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@asnell1955-good luck to you. You will be fine. Just try and keep positive and read the posts on BS. That always helps me. We all are fearful of the unknown at times. Hope you have a peaceful night.
 
Thanks guys it's good to know I'm not alone in my moments of fear , I so want to embrace the journey with a more positive approach and you nice peeps are as good as any sedative if not better cos you've been there !
It's sunny outside and I'm sat with a cane , freedom is staring me in the face.
Blessings my friends
 
Just thought I'd pipe in here @Cynthia777 to let you know I've been following your progress and have been inspired by the way you have held up after such a long journey! I don't comment much because I'm in a different place right now. I do a lot of reading of all the different stories - the good, the bad, the ugly but the best are the miracles that come from the happy endings from most. I have to say, Bonesmart is part of that miracle for a lot of the success, and no doubt, for you as well. What I am going through is everyone's worst nightmare, and the days can be difficult. But by reading Bonesmart each day, keeps it all in perspective and keeps me positive. :yes:

This surgery has been difficult for you but because of your positive attitude - attitude is sooo important - and wonderful sense of humor and helpful and sometimes hilarious comments from all on the site, this has made it all bearable.:friends:

Hope to see that your next surgery is painfully boring and uneventful but the final sweet icing on the cake that has baked long enough!

Cheers!
Heal, Flourish and Thrive
Debbie
 
Sweet post @asnell1955 - you aren't alone. We're all worrybags but the good news is you'll be done and dusted before I even have a date. So many hippies on here say the worry was worse than the event and then they wondered what held them back so long - wish they'd jumped in and done it sooner as they've now got their lifeSo happy for you. Will watch with interest.
@Cynthia777 - will wait to hear you are reassured with news tomorrow. Am convinced you'll be okay - oh and never cut down on your posts. I love them! x
 
@keepmovin
Bless your heart! I have to get an ultrasound this morning (nothing to do with my hip), but when I return I'm going to reply to your post and get caught up on your thread. i wish I could give you a great big hug in person, but since this isn't possible, I'm sending you a virtual hug AND more importantly I will be sending a prayer up for you as soon as I sign off here. Xoxoxo!
 
Hugs and prayers to all of my BS family! I will be posting my 3 week update upon my return from an ultrasound I'm having done in a few hours (nothing to do with my hip), but in the meantime, I thought I'd share something I found on the Internet for those of you still waiting for your surgery (I found it very comforting during those few days before my surgery)....



EDITED: Sorry, got tied up today, so I'll be updating tomorrow. :-)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom