MUA Festina lente -Hastening slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also love the lack of drama and stress. I didn't realize how many much stress I was under until it was gone.

For me almost the best bit is getting up in the morning, having a second cup of coffee and reading the newspaper as others rush off to work!

Yes, not rushing around, getting dressed, preparing a lunch is wonderful. I have my routine now, it's different than when I worked, but found I need a routine to get things done.

Oh yes. I definitely have a routine -or at least I did till 'kneegate'. I always liked to keep weekends different from the weeks so I could still appreciate them.
Just having a quiet week trying not to think of forthcoming MUA.

I also love the lack of drama and stress. I didn't realize how many much stress I was under until it was gone.
Ooh yes. Its great not waking up in the middle of the night, teeth clenched, still angry about something at work. My BP came down too. Lovely. And relax...

I seem to have been sitting about for months. I was just wondering about how to build up/rebuild my stamina after so much lack of exercise. I'm planning ahead for after my MUA.
I didn't think I was exactly a hive of industry but I did do at least the crucial 150 minutes of exercise across the week. Apart from anything else exercise is a great way to combat low mood.

@Spex10 Are you able to walk around without pain even though you haven`t a lot of bend? That should rebuild some stamina shouldn`t it? What about weights (little ones!)?

Good idea @Cratchit but I'm wary of the weather. Its pretty slippy underfoot. I do walk about the flat of course and can manage easily around the supermarket etc if given a lift there.
Re physio: could you ask the one you get quite directly about their experience with TKR rehab? There seemed to be to be a world of difference between the physio I had at first and the one I got later (a fluke -no appts left with the first one).
The good one was calm reassuring and honest. Even the way she handled my knee was completely different. No forcing just smooth massage moving carefully into gentle manipulation. No pressure or pain. She stopped when I just couldn't bend and honestly said that physio could do no more. She said that MUA was painful but usually worth it.
You'll be able to tell for yourself if the one you get knows their way around knees. Good luck!

Spex10 have you your reading material, pillows and ice gadgets lined up? And I see Call of the Midwife returns here next Monday.. Of course I don't know the real BBC schedule.
You my stuck friend are about to become unstuck but comfort comes first..
Perhaps a new pair of PJs for good luck with your new knee life? At least decadent chocolates. You will work them off.
Will be thinking of you on what I am sure will be your lucky day though that seems unbelievable now.

Thanks @littleredcanoe. I had a cold this week and found that I was really upset that the MUA might not go ahead. That made me realise that I really wanted it to happen. I've got everything ready. Lots to read and the TV set to record anything I might miss. Husband is primed to do the weekend shopping.
A wee confession here: I've had a mini bottle of prosecco in the fridge since my op. I won't drink it until I can sit with my feet properly on the ground: a minimum 90 degree bend. I'm so hoping I'll be able to open that bottle soon!

Best of luck on your MUA, you will get better. I'm not much of a drinker but Prosecco is my drink of choice. When you're ready may be we should do a group toast in your name. I'm in. :yahoo:

Thanks everyone. Friday 13th!! Eek

Nothing but good luck for you tomorrow! Be sure and let us know as soon as you can how it goes and how much he's able to bend your knee. Prayers are with you!

That's true. He's very laid back and flexible (unlike me!)

prosecco.jpg
For all of us but especially @Spex10 - hope all goes splendidly for you tomorrow and in the following days/weeks. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom