TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tramadol are brilliant for making yousleep. I took them for my last scope and slept for a week, day and night.
:sleep: :yawn: :zzz: :sleep: :yawn: :zzz: Sweet dreams, Fernie x :friends:
 
Ops, forgot To say, great ROM, you'll be joining me on the bike soon... :bicycle1:

I think you are doing v fabulous my fairy friend, I'm very happy! Fx
 
Mooey, the best advice is to start your own thread. You will get much better feedback that way. You will find that at the top of the main page entitled Knee Replacement Recovery Area. You will see a gray box that says "Start new thread". Give it a name and ask your questions. You will get help in no time.
As for muscle spasm, heat helps, but don't put it on top of the knee or where you have swelling. But your upper thigh should be okay. I used to put heat on the back of the knee when I iced the top, a trick I learned from the PT. No matter what, the first few weeks are uncomfortable, so try to take it easy and it will get better.
 
HI ToothFairy sounds like a great day with lots of positives to bring a smile to your face...hope our sleep is restful and the sun is shining tomorrow. :flwrysmile: :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hey Toothfairy! Soo pleased you're doing so well - I must admit, have been taking tramadol (at night) since I busted up my ribs & it has no drowsy effects on me (don't touch the pain either) - we shall see..... Got a voicemail message from the hospital requesting this evening requesting a callback & advising not to panic, so what have I been doing ever since???. :hairpulling: :headbang: :tantrum: :yikes: Have changed tack in the bag packing front, now confining myself to just writing copious lists of what goes in which bag & when!! :heehee: :rotfl:
 
Thank you for your kind comments Fernie,
I have to say now that I am at this stage I am so impressed at how well you managed to keep up with everyone here after your surgery. I am not managing to keep up at all. I will try to catch up with everyone over the next few days.
Fingers crossed Jetthugger that the hospital call was nothing to be concerned about.
I am writing this on my ipad. Since I came on this morning I seem to have lost the button that allows me to like posts. Is anyone else having this problem? I have tried shutting bonesmart down and reopening it but still no like button. Maybe I will reboot my ipad.
Just having breakfast in bed and tablets galore before the physio comes. I started doing some exercises to loosen off, they were a bit painful then I realised I was due pain pills, what a twit. Will try them again once the pain pills kick in.
I was amazed to be able to lift my leg yesterday. I am so lucky so far. Just enjoying each day as it comes.
Toothfairy x
:flwrysmile: :yahoo:
 
Morning Toothfairy! I'm very impressed that the physio's are coming out to you! That's so much easier than having to struggle back to the hospital. I don't think I had my 1st session until nearly 2 weeks after my op. makes me think maybe that's why I'm "stuck" where I am again? Anyway, take care & hope you have a good day EVEN if it is raining :sad:
 
Hi Mutley, I am impressed by that too. I had not expected it. The reason for the home physio is because my bend was so poor in hospital due to swelling. There was no ice available in the hospital which did not help. I had a choice of staying in hospital or coming home and having physio visit me. I am technically still a hospital in patient. Best of both worlds.
I hope all is going well with you, Toothfairy x :happydance: :yes!:
 
they;ve changed to Like option i think... will check it out and let you. its so handy to know that peopel have seen your posts and got the info you wanted them to see etc. Fx back in a bit.

by the way, i didnt move for 2 weeks and had my trust ipad with me all day long ! but yes, its hard keeping up, i've been a bit slack earlier this week ! xx
 
Dear toothfairy so glad it's all going well for you. I am now getting a little nervous of my op two weeks to go. Had info from hospital today, all becoming very real. Keep resting and getting better x
 
Hi ewkp,
Thank you for your good wishes. It does make it all become very real when you get info from the hospital. What info have they sent you?
The next two weeks will pass quickly and before you know it you will be in recovery. Hopefully it will all go smoothly for you and you will be pleased to have it over with. Have you decided whether to have a spinal block or a general anaesthetic? I found the spinal block great and will be happy to do that next time.
Have a good weekend and try to focus on the positives, every day is a day nearer to full healing.
Sending a hug,
Toothfairy x :happydance: :yay: :dancy:
 
Thank you so much for that toothfairy, I don't know if I am having a general or spinal, last time I wasn't given an option only general was offered. We're you awake or sedated? I am so glad it is going well for you, hopefully you will sleep tonight. I am rubbish if I don't sleep. Thanks for your kind words x
 
Hi, I had a spinal and stayed awake but that was very much my choice. I could have had sedation or a light general anaesthetic along with the spinal if I had wanted. The hospital where I was treated favours spinal anaesthesia when possible but will not pressure patients and will happily offer a general on request. Do you have a chance to speak to the anaesthetist before surgery to discuss your options?
Do you have any thoughts on what you would prefer?
I have been very lucky so far and have been sleeping very well.
I was discharged from the hospital at home service today as they were very happy with my progress. I just need to take it gently, do my exercises and rest, ice and elevate and be patient.
I am very lucky to have a very supportive husband at home with me. Will you have support available?
Take it easy, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Hello toothfairy I think I am happy to have a spinal but will discuss at pre op assessment on Monday. I do have a husband at home who will do his best!!! I also have my daughter coming home at Easter and she will be brilliant. I am very lucky . Just eaten a whole pizza! So many calories what was I thinking. I can't find any of those things to get smiles or likes I would press everything if I knew how! Getting I pad soon so that will be better than this phone. There will be no stopping me then. Talk soon x
 
Hello Fernie I see you are from the south of England? Where abouts? I am having surgery on 22nd at Portsmouth . Hope all going well with you. X

Hello, I'm south London. I'm not doing too bad, thx, quite a journey with this new knee of mine.

Hope you are ok, not long to wait now before you are bionic ! :heehee: Take care, Fernie
 
Hi y'all, hope we are all ok and enjoying the soggy weather (well, the Brits anyway!) :umm: Nail biting day today!! Toothfairy, really pleased that you've been let out & can get yourself comfy at home!! I'm just waiting for my settee risers & I will be set! :happydance: :egypdance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom