Guest viewing is limited

TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you today? Hope you are well & settling in at home. Good that you have received great aftercare :puppysmooze: Let's hope that we get the soggy weather over & some sunshine through before you get to venture out :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Jetthugger, I am really well thank you. I can honestly say that to date it has all been much easier than I was expecting it to be.
I had an unexpected visit from the district nurse today, had a fresh dressing and some steri strips removed. It is all looking good.
I am doing my exercises regularly and taking my meds by the clock.
I am eating and drinking sensibly and starting to enjoy my food again. I am fairly mobile and did a few chores today, folding laundry while sitting, changing pillowcases.
My pain is quite well controlled most of the time, turning over in bed at night is a bit sore but survivable.

Enough of me, how are you today? Are you having any symptoms from your UTI or side effects from your antibiotics?
I hope you are drinking lots of water too to help flush it through.
Fingers crossed that you will soon be fit and well and ready to roll into theatre.
Have a great weekend, love
Toothfairy x :cheers: :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Toothfairy how are you today? you are doing so well it has given me great encouragement, I cant believe it has only been a week. I hope the rain stays away this weekend and you might get some sunshine. Anyway keep getting better xxxx
 
You sound like you are doing brilliantly well. So glad to read your post. Hugs Rosie xxx
 
Hi ewkp, I am well thanks. Back in bed now. I find that by just after 8pm I have had enough of being up and need to rest in comfort in bed. At the moment my leg is quite tight and a bit swollen but it will soon settle with ice and elevating and staying in bed all night. I am feeling very lucky indeed that so far things seem to be going very smoothly. I don't have a marvellous bend but thanks to all my reading on here I am not worried as I know it will,come in time as the swelling goes down. It is amazing that the first week post op is nearly over, it has flown by. Soon you will be joining the post op side too.
Hi Rosie, not long for you now, I hope you sleep well tonight and get to theatre nice and early. Before you know it you will be telling us all about it.
Sweet dreams, your shiny sparkly new knee awaits you,
Love to all, Toothfairy x x
:martini: :sleep: :flwrysmile:
 
Haha yes!! Side effects!! Green peeeeeee!!!!! :rotfl: I am really keeping my fingers crossed that my surgery will be on time and I will have the same type of recovery as you. I know every surgery & recovery is different, but I have taken yours & Fernies experiences to heart & know the mantra is the right way to go. :angel: Amazing site, so glad I found it as I now have you guys (and, of course, you have me!) to fall back on when times are hard & celebrate the small (and large) highs when improving ( and maybe we're the only ones who could possibly understand) :puppysmooze: :puppysmooze: Look after yourself & keep posting your amazing recovery! I'm not wary of the surgery anymore and I can honestly say you guys are the reason (and the remarkably helpful & informative site) :thankyou: :friends:
 
Jetthuger totally agreed with your posting this is so helpful reading everyone's journeys. When is your surgery date? Sorry probably should know but have got so muddled with what thread I am on! My surgery is 22nd so not long now. Toothfairy has been a great support reading her journey. Sleep well keep us posted x
 
Hi Jetthugger,
Green peeeeee! Interesting. As long as the antibiotic it does the trick who cares what colour the output is.
I had not realised before my surgery that I would have lots of antibiotics in the first couple of days. I was given some IV before the surgery and regularly after the surgery for the first 18 hours. Gentamicin and penicillin.
I think the biggest asset you can have for this recovery is a sense of perspective and a sense of humour. If you can laugh at the indignities and rejoice in the little things like managing to put your pants on the you won't go far wrong. I totally agree with you that this site is awesome and gives you a realistic idea of what to expect.
Have a great weekend and enjoy your packing and unpacking.
Toothfairy x :friends:
 
I do sound a little OCD don't I!!! Really must change from repacking to........ Hmmmm... :scratch:
EWKP, my surgery is a few days before yours, on 18th (hopefully!!) :yikes:
With luck, my anti-B's will do their job over the weekend & my lovely boss is letting me work my lunch so I can leave at 3pm tuesday to give a sample that can be sent to the lab in time for results to ok the surgery!! Aaaaand, breathe !!! :egypdance: :spin: :tada:
 
Isn't it funny how we all start feeling very uncertain about whether this surgery is for us and then reach a point where we are just desperate to get it done. We then get very upset if anything threatens to postpone it. I was devastated last weekend at the thought of postponement due to the lack of beds.
You don't really sound OCD, it's just a little friendly teasing. Shows you are loved.
Have a good weekend, are you doing anything special?
Sleepy Toothfairy x :sleep:
 
Just noticed Toothfairy's post about managing pants. I have a tip- if knickers are tricky, get a few cheap or old pairs and cut the side (where the bad leg is) open. Then stitch a couple of short ribbons on , one on each edge. Then there's no need to pull them up, just slide them under and tie the sides. You could us velco in the same way. Much easier than putting on over the foot.
 
Takeaway tonight, then mother in law descends upon us tomorrow & Sunday :yikes:
How about you? I know you are not at the "painting the town red" stage just yet, but any visitors coming over?
My son is taking me to the pictures & the hand made burger co on Tuesday for a belated mothers day (works weekends) though at 18 years old it'll probably cost me!! :rotfl: My friends are determined to take me to an Irish bar on Thursday, other friends have insisted we go for a curry next Friday & my lovely sister is coming over week on sunday for a nice roast chine of beef & Yorkshire pud & roasters as it will be the last meal I cook in a while! :umm: (hopefully!) I agree with what you say, I want it over & done with now!! :happydance: :egypdance: :tada: :dancy:
 
Hi Toothfairy. One week post surgery and I am so happy to see how well you are doing and that the experience hasn't been as bad as you thought it would be. You're keeping up with your pain meds which is a good thing, and keeping any pain in check. I feel so encouraged reading your recovery and hope I'm blessed with the same when my time comes in a few weeks. Continue your good work. You're such a positive , happy person you deserve only good things. Take care. Jenny:SUNsmile:
 
Toothfairy, you give me hope for a positive outlook and a pain managed week after surgery. You and jetthugger are so right about the just wanting it to be over with. I have read and prepared (although not packed and repacked nearly enough yet :heehee: ) am just ready to get this show on the road!

So glad to hear you are still having positive days friend!
 
I feel like I'm nesting at the moment cleaning out cupboards,throwing things out etc. Must be nervous energy. I do look forward to joining you both on the other side. Have a great day. Jenny:umm:
 
Well Jetthugger you certainly have got your social life sorted for the next week. Good idea, make the most of your last week of freedom for a little while. :happydance: :yay:
I found I went through that last week before surgery thinking 'this is the last time I will do this for a while' :tada:
Thanks for the tip Catanne,
I have found the pants thing easy, I could get them on and off myself from two days after surgery when I was able to wear them again.
I did however get stuck in a pair after surgery. :shrug:
I had worn my favourite matching undies to hospital as a morale boost. When I was getting my hospital gown on I asked if I could keep my knickers on and was told yes. I was very pleased and in theatre when I was awake and my gown was pushed up and my leg was pulled up and around all over the place I was really pleased I had them on. :blush:
The day after surgery when I was having a wash and wanted to change my gown and my pants I discovered I could not get them off as I had a local anaesthetic infusion pump in my leg.
With hindsight they could have gone down and off my foot and then been taken up over the tubing and over the pump but it would have been a bit of a performance and involved much waving about of the pants. Instead they were cut off. I didn't think about stitching them up, they were binned. :heehee: Must see if I can get a replacement pair . Next time I will wear an old pair.
Like the idea of velcro or ribbons.
How are you doing Livinginfl, must catch up on your thread.
Kimejen and forevergimpy your surgeries will come round soon. The waiting and wondering is the worst part. If you read everything you can on this forum you will have a realistic idea of what to expect and then you will find it easier to manage your own expectations and you will do well. :yes!:
Keep smiling through,
I have no plans for the weekend, no visitors planned but who knows. If the weather was fine it would be good to get out for a short trip but weather not looking promising. I will be content whatever happens. :flwrysmile:
Have a happy day everyone.
Love and hugs, Toothfairy x :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom