TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone for your supportive posts.
I have been up and down today. Slept reasonably , woke frequently. Regular morphine and Anti-emetics through the night.
Had good spells and bad today. So tired. Been up twice and managed to use the commode. Never thought I would get excited by that.
Didn't walk far as when the physio was here I was being very sick. I did however manage twice out of bed and a 15 minute sit in a chair. I also did some exercises.
Haven't got the energy to catch up individually but love to all.
No worries about hijacking post. Hijack away.
Toothfairy. X
Welcome to the "other side"!!! What you are going through sounds about as normal as can be!! You are doing great!!! Take your time, relax and rest---post back when you feel up to it, and do not worry about skipping posts or days---we will be here waiting to hear from you!
 
Hang in there and I'm sure you will. The first week is the worst, the second week, the second worst, etc. and it just keeps getting better. Today I went for a loop walk that I used to find tiring and today it was just so easy! Wow! I agree with Pat (robynhood) that you finally get relief from the mental torture of "should I do this?" I can tell all of you who are waiting, it's okay, you will (eventually) be so glad you did it. I hope your hospital stay, Toothfairy, continues smoothly.
 
Welcome home with your shiny new knee!! Now you just take it easy, easy, easy, ice, elevate, take your pain meds, and don't worry about not posting. You just get your rest dear one. We'll be here when you're up to it. :puppysmooze:
 
Good morning everyone. I had a much better night last night. Up to loo once but slept pretty much through. Hooray. No pain meds through the night unlike first night when I had lots. Pretty stiff this morning but feeling much better in myself. Hoping to walk properly today. Planning a quick conga round the wards.
Love to all,
Toothfairy x
 
So very glad you are feeling better this morning. At least you can conga in your mind..... Whilst taking some steps forward :).
Hugs Rosie xxxx
 
Hi Toothfairy, the image of you doing the conga with your bandaged knee is quite comical. You take it easy today keep on top of the meds and just rest ready for when you are at home. Nice to hear you are so cheerful. You Take Care. x x :friends:
 
Morning TF! Wait until the regular meds have kicked in before conga-ing - video evidence required:heehee: !
Everything sounds great a night without extra meds must be good :yay: glad to hear you're feeling good, hope the walking goes well! Rest well afterwards.

Hugs H x
 
Hi toothfairy, glad to see you are doing so well, hope the :sick: As settled down.

Conga? My goodness, you'll be trying to get on Strictly next :rotfl:.

Take care and keep on top of the meds. :sleep: :friends: Love fx
 
Ok, you have rumbled me, just stuck to walking. It was brilliant. Amazing how things we normally take for granted can be so exciting.
Toothfairy x :happydance:
 
Great to hear you've had a good night & ready to 'embrace' what the day ahead brings :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
Toothfairy, is that you I see in the conga line? Must be that pixie dust I sent your way working its magic. So glad you had a good night---and have started on a good day.


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust
 
Hi Toothfairy...wow a conga line through the ward that would have been something, so glad to read your feeling okay and sleeping how great is that...that is something which is definitely on my bucket list. One of my well meaning friends had said to me pre-op ...you'll be fine they have great meds these days won't feel a thing... Nice i thought, didn't work that way for me however what is working is following the BS mantra especially the bit about getting that med schedule set u and sticking to it. :whistle:
Hope you continue to have moments to make you smile...hugs :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Great post Toothfairy!! Conga :rotfl: - sleeping through too? Bet you feel a huge achievement! Did reading others' experiences brace you for what was to come? How's your pain management? Hope your feeling less icky, you certainly sound chipper!! Sorry about the questions, just curious..... :whistle: :what: :heehee: :goodpost:
 
So Ms T Fairy, how was your day? Hope all the dancing hasn't worn out that shiny new knee already :heehee:

Im guessing, more walking, more eating, ( which is sooooo good at this stage ), lots of :sleep:, maybe a bit of elevating and icing. I'm hopin no :sick: Or feeling :shocked:. How are your meds holding up?

Hope the fairy dust is doing its magic, that's assuming you had chance to make a new batch and are happy to self medicate :rotfl: And you have a wonderful :zzz: Later.

Ive overdone it today, knee King not happy with his unloyal subject today :boohoo:.

TTTFN Fernie xx. :flwrysmile: :spin: :dancy: :yay:
 
Good morning everyone. I had a good day yesterday. Managed to eat at every meal time.
Was disconnected from local anaesthetic infusion pump, got walking. I can now get myself in and out of bed and too and from the loo myself. Planning a shower this morning. Still on a zimmer but hoping for crutches today. If I can manage to do stairs as well today I can hopefully go home. Now on dihydrocodein but had a dose of oramorph at 06:30 am.
The foot of my TKR leg is a bit numb. I presume it is due to the swelling in my knee. Anyone else had this ? I have raised it with the doctor and nurses yesterday, they thought it would probably go when my dressings were reduced but it hasn't improved yet. I'm not hugely worried, just curious.
Love to all
Toothfairy x
 
I'm sure that shower will make you feel human again :) you really are doing so well & it sounds like everything is under control so keep that positive attitude going Toothfairy & I'm sure your recovery will go from strength to strength :) jaki x
 
Sounds like you are doing well, keep it up. (I am just 6 days ahead of you in recovery and today feel quite normal again! )
 
Wow TF you are doing so excellent. I hope to follow in your footsteps at the end of the month. Keep posting and good luck getting discharged today.
 
Not had numbness in th foot but my ankle gets sore from time to time.

Hope all well, Fernie x:friends:
 
:flwrysmile: Hi TF my foot did get a little numb but it disapeared when I got the bandage off and just had the waterproof dressing over the scar. They will do that before you go home and Im sure you will see an improvement. Also you can do heel slides etc much better which will help. Good Luck with the stairs. We only had to do three steps at the hospital I was in. When I got home it was a little daunting looking up the stairs and thinking ive got go up there with my crutches!!!! but it soon became the norm. Amazing what you can get used to. :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom