TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to you - and welcome to that shiny new knee! :tada: I hope you are able to get your meds sorted and can get comfortable here soon. So glad you didn't need that bed strapped to the car! Take care and be gentle with yourself!
 
Toothfairy, hooray for you, you sound fantastic with your new knee.
May you get the rest you need and I hope the fairies keep you warm and protected,
 
Congratulation, Toothfairy! I'm so happy that your surgery is now over. Isn't it a nice feeling to not have to worry about it anymore? You've been here for so long giving wonderful encouragement to others, and now we will be here for you!

Take it easy, relax, and soon you'll be ready to enjoy that new knee! Take care!
 
Congratulations on the shiny new knee:yay: ! Do hope you managed a pain free night.:sleep:

Please accept my humble apologies for the earlier thread hijacking, most unfair.

Looking forward to hearing how your doing. Huge hugs:friends:

H x
 
Morning Toothfairy :) I hope you weren't too uncomfortable last night & got those pills if & when you needed them? Good luck when the physio comes round! If possible, ask if they can check your blood pressure BEFORE getting you up & out of bed just to make sure it's ok! From experience mine was so low that I nearly hit the deck as soon as I stood up! Good luck & you might even make it to the bathroom on your own by tea time :)
 
A very good morning to you my dear pixie BoneSmartie friend, sorry for late post, had to have a mega early night yesterday.

I was thinking of you lots yesterday and glad all is well. :angel: Sandwiches? That's so good and really encouraging so early out , well done.

Paracetamols and ibrophofen, hmmm.... Are you not on a nice morphine pump? Looks like I'll have to get on my bike after all and raid the med cabinet for you. :heehee: Don't let the pain through at this stage. Also good point about blood pressure check before you get up.

Im sure the physio will be around soon asking you to walk about with a zimmer, you'll be like, really? They'll be like, yep off you pop, just 5 yards in front !

i am sooooo pleased tosee you on recovery with your shiny new knee.

We are all hear for you, so let's get this recovery on the road!

I hope you have a good day today and everything is nice and easy for you. I expect you've already had a full English brekkie by now :whistle: :loll:

ill checK in Again later to make sure you are behaving yourself and not getting all :egypdance: With that knee!

Los of big hugs :friends: And :flwrysmile:. You'll be all :dancy: And :spin:really soon

Love and best Fernie wishes xxxx
 
Good morning!
I hope you are starting off on a brilliant journey to great mobility and activities with your new knee. I am just a few days ahead of you, and it's good to be home. Won't be long before you are, too.x
 
Welcome to your first day of recovery Toothfairy. If you had the spinal block today shoudnt be too bad. Its when it wears off you have to be on top of your pain relief. I remember thinking the day after the op its all over. All the waiting, the should I shouldnt I conflict. In a way thats true but in another way its just the start of the rollercoaster road to recovery. Think of yourself and not what others think where you should be. Sending you warmest hugs and hope you have a little sunshine through your window to cheer you up a little.:angel:
 
I am totally amazed at how quickly you posted and you're eating sandwiches. I hope you had a restful night and are already up and at the day walking with PT. Looking forward to the rest of your posts.
 
Thank you everyone for your supportive posts.
I have been up and down today. Slept reasonably , woke frequently. Regular morphine and Anti-emetics through the night.
Had good spells and bad today. So tired. Been up twice and managed to use the commode. Never thought I would get excited by that.
Didn't walk far as when the physio was here I was being very sick. I did however manage twice out of bed and a 15 minute sit in a chair. I also did some exercises.
Haven't got the energy to catch up individually but love to all.
No worries about hijacking post. Hijack away.
Toothfairy. X
 
Well done to you. I am sure each day will bring good change, hope you feel more comfortable tomorrow. Xxxxx
 
Sorry to hear you're feeling icky, hope they get that under control soon for you! Just relax now, take it easy & let yourself heal. Sending you big hugs (clean out of pixie dust!!) - and will have a word with the sandman, see if he can't nip in & give you a good nights sleep!! :sleep: :zzz: :mcoffee: :sleep:
 
Hope today is a better day. Yes, the commode is quite an accomplishment, made me want to be a "man" for a couple of days. Take care of yourself, rest and try to sleep. Big hug,
 
Morning TF everyday a new day, everyday one day closer to being pain free, just take it easy real easy all will be well :friends: :flwrysmile: :angel:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom