TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TF
Just checking in. 1st day back at work & all is well. To be honest, they had already dealt with my pre op gimpiness & I already have desk risers & a footstool, so my return was quite good really. 5 hours & home. Now resting & icing.
I can't believe the amount if people I've spoken to who are struggling in their recovery because they haven't got any sound advice, i.e rest elevate ice etc.... It really does make such a different & if this forum could be put forward for an award of some kind, I'd be first in line to promote it!
Hope you have a lovely weekend & I really hope your 1st day back will be as stress free & enjoyable as mine has been!
:puppysmooze:
 
Hi Toothfairy. I'm just catching up. You seem to be doing really well.
It great and lifting my spirits to hear of you improvement. Brilliant!
 
Hi Toothfairy. I read on Alisons's thread that your granddaughters are coming to stay. How wonderful to have the family with you for a few days. Very special. Enjoy every minute. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
kimejen... G'day Aussie girl... I am a hippie, but the name of this thread caught my eye..
 
Hi TF
Hope you had a fantastic relaxing weekend & the sun shone in your part of this lovely land!
Not long now till you step up to the plate & return to work! :yikes:
Not sure it's sunken for me just yet - what with just the one day back & all, but I'm sure I will look forward to Friday!! :bow: :bow: :martini: :heehee:
Congrats on you bike ride! Wow, that's really good! Must dig my sisters old mountain bike out & dust it off, possibly can soon join you in the bonesmarties peloton. Just need our wonder woman Fernie to fly over in her invisi-plane & we have a team! :happydance: :rotfl: :heehee: :bicycle1: :bicycle2: :giggle:
 
We are really, actually getting through the endless weeks of recovery - we always knew we would but the prospect and distant thoughts of this seemed very dim around 2 months ago!

Life moves on and so does the TKR, albeit at a different pace for everyone. I'm looking forward to summer and the fact that i'll be half way though my journey.

Fernie x
 
Fernie, You're doing great. And oh so true, that a year from now we'll be able to look back on all of this as a distant memory. I like what you said about it being at a different pace for everyone. It seems I was on the fast track and then since this muscle strain in my abductor and groin muscles, it seems I have regressed. Have a great week.

Dorothy
 
Hi Toothfairy,
Just read your previous post and it answered my question as to whether you had scheduled the RTKR. I had my 2 month post op on Tuesday and we went ahead and scheduled my LTKR for October 18th. I feel so good with this new right knee I could go ahead and do it now...but I just want to enjoy the summer months and continue strengthening the quads. I am just so delighted by how this has worked for me (those prior menesectomies were just not helpful, glad to find the ultimate solution! )

Will be curious to hear, and good luck with going back to work.
Heidi
 
HI, Toothfairy. Am I correct--you're next surgery is soon, like Monday? I thought I had ready that, but now your signature says "pending." Hope you are doing well whatever the timing is.
 
Hi Ready, it is my Pre op assessment on Monday. My surgery should follow in theory about 6 weeks later. Last time it was 18 weeks from Pre op assessment till surgery so I will just need to wait till I get a letter with a date.
Hope things are going well with you. I start back at work on Tuesday. I am doing half days next week, till mid afternoon the following week and all being well I will then be back to my usual hours, I work three full days and one half day each week.
Hi Baystater good to read such a positive post about surgery. I feel very positive about mine too. If my surgery date takes a while again we may be having our second knees done around the same time.
Hi Fernie I like your comment about heading for half way through recovery soon. You are a third of the way there now. I am a quarter. It's a cheering thought. We certainly are moving on through the recovery. Life gets more and more normal and back to being busy with less time to post and read posts.
Hi jetthugger, well I hope this week has gone well at work. Hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend and the sun shines. I am planning to have a very quiet weekend as this week has been very busy with visitors. They have all gone now and I am trying to catch up on all the laundry before I get back to work. It was lovely having my beautiful granddaughters here but quite exhausting. Having said that they only left a few hours ago and I am missing them already.
I went for two cycle rides today as it was such a lovely day. Around 2.5 miles this afternoon and around 3 miles this evening. It was wonderful to be out on my bike again and not just going round the block.
I am certainly not at tour standard yet, I will leave leading the peleton to Fernie.
Hope all is well with you Jenny@kimejen, how long now till your grandchild is due?
Hi Hopper I am glad you are enjoying my recovery thread, I have been very fortunate to have a smooth recovery, hope yours is going well.
Hope the sun shines on everyone and that you all have a lovely weekend,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance: :bicycle1:
 
Hi Toothfairy. It is so good to hear how well you are doing. I wish I was able to bike ride. I bought a bike years ago as I love to exercise outdoors but I gave up as I got terrible pains in my butt. I kept trying but finally gave up. Must have sharp bones there or something. Sounds like you are truly enjoying the arrival of Spring. We're heading into our winter soon, and it looks like it's going to be wet, according to weather bureau. Usually in Brisbane we have the most beautiful winters. Little crisp in the morning and then it warms up. Beautiful blue skies, and so clear. We've had dreary weather just lately too, which is so unlike this beautiful state.
Approx 9 weeks til our grandbaby arrives. Daughter and daughter inlaw preparing for babyshower - going shoping today. I think babyshower will be in about a months time due to availability of friends and family etc.
So lovely for you to have had your friend and then your daughter and her family visit. Seeing your grandchildren would have been just lovely. Can't wait for snuggles with our new baby - they just smell so divine.
You've done so well with your first knee op, I am certain the second one will go just as smoothly. Take care and have a great weekend. Good luck with being back at work Tuesday. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
I am certainly not at tour standard yet, I will leave leading the peleton to Fernie.
well, i may have to hand over leadership responsibilities soon as my biking is almost redundant - even though i promised myself a new PT routine, just exhausted and feeling v tired all the time. probably more to do with poor diet :whistle:

You are doing great with your cycling TF, I only really cycle at Centre parc these days ! :rotfl:

time with the girls sounds v nice - its nice you've spent time with them again before you go back to work and real life kicks in again. although by the sounds of it you may be off again v soon for another 3 months :bow: !

I wish you all the very best for the pre-op tomorrow and lots of luck for work on Tuesday.

big hugs Fernie xx
 
Thanks Fernie I am hoping tomorrows appointment will be very routine with no great surprises.

You are probably exhausted and tired due to working hard, running a home and looking after a small child while still recovering from major surgery although diet might be a small part. I have restarted a daily multivitamin with iron.
You can't really have much time for exercising.

I will be interested to see how well I manage to keep up with my cycling once I get back to work. My intentions are good but.......

I will let you know how work goes. I am sure that Tuesday will be fine and probably the rest of this week, it is once I get really busy and start to tackle the backlog but I will try to remember that I can't do everything the first day.
I will make them a cake tomorrow to take in on Tuesday, that should keep everyone happy.
Take it easy and be very kind to yourself.
How is your knee doing? Is it any easier?
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Wish you well with with your pre-op tomorrow and a gentle return to work on Tuesday. You've inspired me to take up knitting. It has to be something simple - I'm going to talk to a friend of mine who belongs to the DBE (Daughters of British Empire. She does knitting for the homes they provide for senior citizens in the U.S. I used to love knitting but not the counting,etc. Just could never learn how to correct my mistakes without having to tear the whole thing apart, but I figure I can knit scarfs, dishclothes, and prayer shawls.

Look forward to hearing how your work goes.

Dorothy
 
Hi TF
Going to write longer tomorrow but just wanted to say good luck tomorrow Rosie xxxxx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTKR. 9 March 2013
 
Well TF cant believe the time has almost come for you return to work. Ive enjoyed very much keeping up with your progress and we've helped each many times when we haven't been progressing well ( probably you helping me out more thinking about it) even before you had your op you were always giving advice and cheering my little milestones. So for that I thank you very much. I wish you all the luck in the world for your return to the big wide world after your weeks of icing elevating healing and exercising. Good luck with your appt tomorrow too. Im sure everything will go as planned. As Fernie said you will be doing this all over again soon and probably I will be joining you. I keep saying my right knee is ok at the moment but sometimes I think Im fooling myself. Its got to be done I know that but not sure if Im ready yet. Take care and let us know how you get on tomorrow.
 
Hi Dorothy turtle68 I hope you enjoy some knitting. I certainly found it gave me a purpose while keeping me firmly glued to my seat with my leg elevated. I also find it quite soothing as it doesn't require too much concentration. I am sure whatever you knit will be greatly appreciated.
I am halfway through another cardi for my older Grandaughter, I must crack on with it as she is growing so fast. Have a lovely day.
Thanks rosieJ good to hear from you. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing.
Hi Pat robynhood you are quite right, we have helped each other along this twisty journey. I will let you know how it goes but I am expecting it to be straightforward this time. Must go and fill a little pot to take with me as I forgot when I got up this morning. Oops.
Have a great day everyone,
Hugs to all, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :dancy:
 
Hope today has gone well for you and that its been lovely to see your colleagues again. Bet the cake went down well! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Hopper that I you for the lovely message. This morning at work was straightforward.
You guessed correctly about the cake, it went down very well indeed. One colleague even said she had been hoping I would bring in a cake! I told her she was cheeky!
I was left in peace to get to grips with the IT changes that have happened in my absence and to wade through over 280 e-mails. I have managed to delete lots and next task is to start actioning all the ones that I kept.
It's strange, I don't actually have any official managerial responsibility for the team but they just don't seem to take the initiative so I have resumed my role of chief whip already and have been delegating tasks and demanding action ! They will be sorry I am back apart from the cake!
I had a lovely swim after work and am now enjoying a rest with an ice pack.
Hope you are having a good day, hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom