TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi dear toothfairy, sounds like a great day back. :yes!: I have been thinking of you.
280 emails after 12 weeks sounds pretty good to me, I'd get that after a fortnight holiday! :yikes:

Glad you managed a Swim and doing great Tour training.

Im ok, knee up and down, was sooooooo in the ODIC yesterday. Trying to get on with stuff but still can't manage to do everything I want to in a day. Trying to not be so hard on myself :heehee:. Work getting v busy as well but that's fine.

Take care, looking forward to more good reports.
Hugs
Fernie friend

Xx
 
Hi Fernie, lovely to read your post.
Today started well, I decided that as it was such a glorious morning I would cycle out doors instead on on my exercise bike so I had a lovely little cycle trip before breakfast.
I then had a pottering morning and some ice time before I went to work this afternoon. It was all fine but I am tired this evening. I was a bit stiff by the time I got home from work so did a bit more on my exercise bike as it seems to loosen my knee up.
I am hoping to swim after work again tomorrow.
I am glad to hear you are ok and not being too hard on yourself. Sounds like a good plan,
Take care, Toothfairy x :yay: :happydance:
 
:flwrysmile: I have survived my first week back at work. I ended up there for an extra hour today. Still managed my swim after which really eased the stiffness. I did 10 minutes on my exercise bike before work this morning, a nice start to the day.
I am glad that this first working week is over. I did some food shopping late afternoon with my husband and was glad to sit down when I got home. Next week I will be working till mid afternoon and will also be home alone so I will need to pace myself.
Planning a quiet few days over the weekend.
Hope everyone is well and enjoying the sunshine. Just read this, what a boring post!
Hugs Toothfairy x
 
It's not boring - it good to hear how you are doing and that you survived! :yay:
You sound very organized and energetic - swimming, cycling, working and shopping! I'm not surprised you needed a sit down.
Pamper yourself - a glass of vino perhaps? :)
 
Glad your first week has gone well. You do fit a lot in a day. This weather makes everything better dosent it. Im trying to walk more and more. It is getting easier just a few glitches. It seems such a long time ago we were posting and it was snowing and our big old knees were swollen and painful and our biggest passion in life was ice ice ice and the odd tramadol. Weve come a long way and the mad thing is we are both thinking of doing it all over again. Never mind. We got our happy back and we can do it again.
 
Greetings. Can you make it one more day this week? It's good to hear you still have energy for a swim after work. I hope you get some good rest this weekend.
 
Hi Ready, I don't work on a Friday so can have a quiet day today. After glorious sunshine all week I have woken to torrential rain and thunder this morning. A fine excuse to take it easy. No outdoor cycling at the moment. Maybe later when it dries up.
Off to get on my exercise bike.
Toothfairy x
 
Hi TF. Am about to start with a busy day of clients but wanted to say well done fir your first week. It's quite daunting going back because we don't know how we are going to be but using the same mentally as the recovery period helps :)

Do rest this weekend before next week, it really helps.

I got the same kind of letter and my stomach turned over and it was my appt. I'm booked in for the 7th October. I didn't realise I was so nervous about it but it gives me a goal to get some more weght off and get this leg really good.

It's going to be a gorgeous day. Rnjoy yourself. Last client finishes at 4pm so I am going to go out then and pot up my cosmos that arrived yesterday..... With the cats. One if which insists on trying to pee on anything I am doing !!!!

Hugs Rosie xx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTKR. 9 March 2013
 
Hi Rosie, wow, you have a date. That gives you plenty of time to plan. I would love to have a date to work towards and would be really happy to have that much notice. I am stuck again in that place where it is difficult to plan anything as I have no idea when my date will be. Who knows, we may be doing knee two about the same time?
It has been a very stormy morning here with thunder and lightning and torrential rain. Looks like it is starting to brighten up a little now.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs Toothfairy x :dancy: :happydance:
 
Keep up the good work TF, like pat says,you do fit a lot in the day! Take care and get some rest ready for week 2.

Love fx
 
Well done on getting through your first week back at work. :yay: I'm sure your colleagues were pleased to have you back. I had a few days at work last week as it was very busy for the family. Knee coped quite well, but didn't like prolonged sitting much. Have a few more exercises to try and help with the problems of kneecap. Feel like I've been to the gym, bit achey, but I do believe it's helping. PT only gives me what I can manage. I have had issues with my neck, woke up and could barely lift my head from the pillow. So had to see PT for neck too!! Still a bit catchy with certain movements, but getting there. Told hubby I think he needs to either shoot me (maybe not after all the expense with the knee) or trade me in on a better model!! :heehee: We have the most dreadful weather at the moment. We live in what's called "the Sunshine State", but I don't know where the sun is, haven't seen it for days. So having a very quiet day, doing a bit more knitting. Baby due in 8 weeks!! Hope you have a good week. Take care. Jenny
 
Hi TF! Well, working woman at last huh? Seems like you're breezing it, what with cycling & swimming AND working!!!! :shocked: puts this poor mortal to shame!! :whistle: :heehee:
My boss is still saying 'over my dead body' when I suggest that I could really really get used to 5 hour days!! :rotfl:
Hope you get a date soon, at least then you can start planning stuff.
Can't believe I'm 12 weeks out today!! :happydance: :dancy:
Still getting heel pain, but Gort seems to be ok with work (couple of painful nights, but ice & meds soon settle it down) what about you?
Anyhoo, as us working girls know :heehee: It's tough out there!!!!
Be in touch soon, not long till Friday!! :headbang: :puppysmooze:
 
I have survived my first week back at work. I ended up there for an extra hour today. Still managed my swim after which really eased the stiffness. I did 10 minutes on my exercise bike before work this morning, a nice start to the day.
I am very glad to read that your fist week back at work was a success! Cycling and swimming are also quite beneficial---keep up the wonderful posts!
 
Hello everyone. Thank you for all the cheery posts.
Increased hours at work this week and I am tired. I have had a minor crisis. I noticed a small red bit on my scar on Sunday and thought it must have rubbed on my trousers. To my horror when I got up on Monday morning the red bit had turned into a small red area with pus. :sick: :yikes:
I was concerned as it was infection (all be it a tiny bit) near to my new knee. I phoned the doctors surgery and spoke to the doctor late morning. She has given me a weeks course of antibiotics and instructions to go and see her if it doesn't settle quickly.
It seems to be settling down already so I am sure I will be fine. I was really surprised at how much it shook me up, this tiny spot under the surface caused so much inner turmoil. I think I felt vulnerable and my mind went into overdrive thinking about wound infection going on to joint infection. I am feeling much better today, much more reasoned and calm. I am sure there is nothing to worry about as I spotted it so quickly and was taking antibiotics within 8 hours of spotting it. I have no idea what caused it. I can't see any breaks in the skin, it all seems to be under the skin?

My knee is coping well with being back at work but I am feeling emotionally fragile. Possibly because work is still in turmoil and full of uncertainty as we are still in mid reorganisation with threats of 'major changes' on the way with no clues and no timescales. Poor management in my opinion!!!

I hope everyone is well. Have a great week and thank you for being here. Hugs to all,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :bicycle2:
 
Glad to hear you caught it right away and that it is fading. Take care of yourelf and I am sending good thought and prayers your way. As we all know, the emotional part can be the most painful and hardest to get through.

Hugs,
Dorothy
 
Increased hours at work this week and I am tired.
This is going to happen--even though you waited quite long to return to work(APPLAUSE Sign just lit up!) You are going to have some bouts of fatigue as your body is still healing.

You may wish to cut back on some of the exercising---or go a day or two without doing anything but work and then home---then slowly bring some of the execising back in so that you feel comfortable.
 
Hi Toothfairy. I can imagine how you felt seeing your knee infected. Good that you caught it so quickly. You are so new back at work, and the uncertainty of things doesn't help. It'll get better, one day at a time, and don't push yourself so hard whilst you're settling back in. Take care. Have a good week. Jenny:friends:
 
Hi TF
the ups and downs of our recovery ride just keep on coming but hey well done being back at work and in getting right onto the infection so quickly. So good to hear you are still riding and swimming but have to echo what Ref said about taking it easy..you've done so well with pacing yourself..just have to keep reminding ourselves this is a long ride.

take care hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
:happydance: Thank you for all your lovely comments.
It is a long ride through the twisty recovery road and I have been so lucky to have such a smooth ride.
I am just finding my feet back at work and trying to get the balance right with work and exercise etc.
it's a learning curve. My scar is looking much better today, the antibiotics are doing there job. They are probably overkill as it was very localised but I am so glad to have the peace of mind from taking them.
Have a great day everyone,
Hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :yes:
 
Hi Alison jetthugger lovely to read your post. You sound very cheery. :happydance:
I am finding it quite difficult to adjust to being back at work. It's not my knee, it's the emotional side. It has come as a great surprise to me as I usually take everything in my stride. I am hoping that being back to my normal hours next week will make it a bit easier as I can use the additional hours to catch up with myself.

I am still having some heel pain too but not too bad. It varies depending on how much swelling there is in my knee. My knee is coping quite well with being back at work. It is definitely a bit more stiff and swollen but nothing too drastic.

Must go and have a session on my exercise bike before work this afternoon,
Have a great week, hugs, Toothfairy x :dancy: :bicycle2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom